jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

The importance of......??

1. Jerami profile image76
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

Thinking out loud again (exposing my ignorance)

I think that nobody thinks life is worth living if somebody!!!!!!??????     Just one somebody!   wife,son,daugh, brother,sidter, neighbor... somebody is listening to YA.

Whatcha think?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

weather I am heard or not, it is worth living Jerami. In the end only kindness (the physical act of) not words, will ever matter.

Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry took so long to respond.

Just got off the phone with Moma  and then Sis called. 
          We listened to each other.   Today has certainly been a good day to be alive.

2. Jerami profile image76

Yea you are right too.  Life is always worth living.

Just seems like we are a bit happier if we have somebody that really listens to us talking about the good times and the bad times, but mostly our fears and concerns.
           But then, we sometimes forget to listen too.
           I guess I came home a little moody yesterday.  Oops.

2. earnestshub profile image86
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep I agree Jeremy. Someone to project your love on is essential to humans. smile
      We thrive and grow when we give love.

especialy when we hear that love being heard.  That's the bomb!  Huh ?

1. earnestshub profile image86
          earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is the bomb! It does not have to be just family either, but just family is enough anyway if it's close. smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
            Disappearingheadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No man is an island smile
            Ohh the cheese is just falling off me this afternoon.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Jerami,

It is human nature to want to mate, which would give each person at least one(somebody) who would listen.

It is not human nature to spend your entire lifetime without a mate of some sort.

Interaction with others is a requirement for one to keep sanity.

So, in other words- the importance of mating is keep one's sanity, even with all the problems a relationship brings to the table, it is still better to have someone than to go it alone.

Just my thoughts on your OP. wink

You are absolutely correct.   But ..  And ...  it doesn't mater it your mate listens or not,  wasn't necessarily talking about mating;   everyone has a need to be heaed by at least one individual???   Correct ?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jerami, to be heard? Meaning...talking? Otherwise, someone else is not likely to heard you, unless you are making enough noise to wake the dead. lol

If someone didn't have someone to talk to, then they would talk to themselves too much and end up insane. Thus, having multiple personality problems.

However, I attributed what you said to mating, because it's most appropriate. wink

Sorry about the lapse in time.
          Had a bite to eat and fell to sleep on the couch.

Cagsil   What you said is true.  Everyone needs someone to bounce their ideas off of. 

And Earnest ...  it is always best if this begins at home.

For everybody involved.

Bill Manning  wrote  However I do have friends, and I'm sure I need that friendship to keep myself feeling wanted and needed.
          - - - -
            Yes and sometimes friends keep our thinking strait better than family.    It is good to have a variety of listeners as long as we are listening too.

3. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

For some, friendship can be enough. I have not had a real date in years and I'm fine, because I know it's my choice.

However I do have friends, and I'm sure I need that friendship to keep myself feeling wanted and needed.

But I really don't need, nor really desire a mate. I like my stress-free, drama-free life. I'm happy with myself and for me, friendship is enough, at least for now. smile

working