jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (34 posts)

Who's some people who didn’t practice salvation and may be in Hell?

1. Castlepaloma profile image25
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

Mmmmm, Maybe…
    Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, John Lennon, Atheists, Agnostic, Gays, Jews. How about Gandhi, Gautama (Buddha). Even Catholic Mother Teresa turned away in the end. All other religions any all the people that disagree with Christians. Many Chinese must have gone to hell. Only 3% Christian go to church and most Christian are not Christ like, could be in hell. Most of World’s population must be in extreme agony including many of my friends and family.

Wow, an all loving God, best parent and creator to his creatures he created and to everything.
    All because Your God gets jealous, angry and most of all extremely picky.

Who did I missed?

1. Diane Inside profile image86
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well Jesus said  " Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone."

So to pass judgement onto another by naming names would classify me as a person without sin.

So sadly I cannot answer.

Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not judging, only showing suspect of people who didn't practice salvation or who stopped practicing or did not repent their sins on time.

The stones throwing is Old Testament

1. Disappearinghead profile image89
          Disappearingheadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Eternal burning in hell is a pagan idea and is not suported by the bible.

English Bibles? the English word "Hell" and its concepts are NOT in the Hebrew nor Greek. They come into the English through Northern European mythologies,

Why did Jesus speck more about hell than heaven? The New Testament was designed to replace the Old Testament. Most Christian uses both testaments allowing them to game what ever works for them selves. Without the hell concept you have no bible or the method to fear motivate the masses to Christianity

1. Disappearinghead profile image89

A simple count through a concordance will dispel the myth that Jesus spoke more about Hell then Heaven.

The NT does nor replace the OT. Paul confirms by stating that the OT is given for our instruction. Jesus said the OT was writtne about Him. The early church had nothing but the OT. Jesus confirmed the OT and stated that not one yod will be removed from the law.

On any given subject the OT is the authority and the NT must be interpreted in the light of the NT as the NT writers were Jews for whom the OT was given.

It is because the church believes that the OT is obsolete that it adopted pagan ideas; eternal torment in hell being one of them.

1. Jerami profile image78
                Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some might say that Christianity has become larger than life itself...Except for those that do not buy into it.

Has belief in religion become more important than belief in the creator?
                  If so;  how and why?

I think that when some people read this kind of thing coming out of my mouth  THINK  that I do not believe in God.

They are wrong.

I just think that religion (by my definition) is not necessarily believing God.
                  Religions want us to believe in IT.
                  This is a difficult thing to understand or to explain
                  Believing and believing IN  are two different things.

In Asimov's Guide to the Bible, he describes how, after all of the miracles and implausible events are swept aside, there remains the story of a poor backwoods preacher who got himself into trouble by coming dangerously close to inciting his followers into a disastrous revolt against Rome.

The revolt was never Jesus' intent, but he seemed so greedy for followers that he wouldn't turn away those who saw him as the Messiah of Old Testament prophesy, whose role was to be their king and lead them in battle. (See Matthew 22:15-22, and Luke 20:19-26, where Jesus uses a tricky evasion to avoid actually calling for a revolt, yet stops short of actually admitting that he has no intention of supporting that revolt.)

That's makes Jesus an amateur shaman ...a true shaman would not bring us to an over ego world. My comment on Jesus this got the whole area of shamanism deleted from this forum. So there must be some truth to that effect.

2. Disappearinghead profile image89

No Jerami I think you are right. You come out with off the wall comments that make people think. Religion is about power, position and greed. True faith is walking in righteousness. smile

3. earnestshub profile image88
                    earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All religion is based on the bible, quoran or other tomes. I don't get it when someone says they believe in a god, but not the source of the belief.
                    If you are religious, your beliefs had to come from at least one of them.

4. C.V.Rajan profile image67
                    C.V.Rajanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jearami,

You said "Religions want us to believe in IT."

You mean Information Technology?

2. Castlepaloma profile image25

Disappearinghead

My hope many here do not think I'm downing Christians, I may prefer a few Christian as neighbour than a few atheists ones. Do prefer the atheist humanitarian approach and you will find me in the middle of the two extremes.

The Bible warns about hell in over 162 references in the NT alone, and over 70 by the Lord Jesus Christ! Jesus talked more about hell than about heaven,” probably refers to the total number of verses devoted to the subject. The Bible, there is over 2,000 discussions on money (or finances, etc. “He spoke about money and possessions more than heaven and hell combined.”

Funny, Jesus only anger over money marketer

2. profile image0
              Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree completely..
                That is the only reply that be needs said.

2. Diane Inside profile image86
          Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jesus was in the New Testament so How did he say that if the stones throwing was in the Old Testament.

2. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All the other gods in line with their fraternity paddles waiting to have a go at mans nether regions eager to seer the flesh of immorality deep within their own particular hells. smile

3. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You missed my Dad! smile

4. Onusonus profile image87
      Onusonusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe there is a huge misconseption of the reality of things described in holy writ when such use of the phrases "endless punishment," "endless torment," and "eternal damnation" to describe the type of punishment that will be administered to the wicked. These are not however all inclusive statements, nor do they apply to people who were reasonably good in this life but never accepted Jesus Christ as the savior while in the flesh.
      There is a scripture which states that "every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God..." Rom; 14-11. It would be apparent to me that if we are to believe that our creator is a perfectly just God he most definatley would not consign 99% of his creation to endless torture. Rather the torment would be from within after receiving the knowledge of what one's potential could have been had they been faithfull.

Since both the righteous and wicked will be resurrected, there are two states that can be described as "hell" in the scriptures.
      1. The temporary condition of the wicked between physical death and resurrection.
      2. The never-ending state of the wicked after resurrection and judgment. Please note that this concept applies to the wicked and not nessicarily to the uninformed.

The use of the words "endless" and "eternal" indicate the nature of the punishment rather than its duration. "endless punishment" and "eternal punishment" can easily be applied to mean "God's punishment," since "endless" and "eternal" are two of God's names. Likewise, the term "eternal life" can be interpreted to mean "God's life" in the same manner.

2. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

The myth of Hell started long before the English translations.
    Paul taught the underworld of Zeus to his followers

I'm most concern about the hell on earth today and OT stoning has change to nuke bombs threats as USA are the ones who have used them.

New Testament
      Accepted by all Christian denominations.
      Most of the writings in the Old Testaments are authored by anonymous Israelites, and in many cases it is not known whether they were compiled by individuals or groups. Who wrote the NT, four evangelists and a few others.

Old Testament Hebrew Bible (the name of the OT by Jews) Who wrote the OT Hebrew and is called by people of the Jewish faith the Hebrew Bible or in Hebrew Tanakh

The idea NT was to replace the human body values of OT.

Hitler covenantal ethics doesn't think it is automatically justified to lie, if it is done to protect other people. When Hitler tried to stamp out atheist, Jew and gays, where did do you draw the line of NT or OT human body values. Was Hitler action very common perception of the OT ethics? 10 Commandments plainly get stoned to death for violating a few of these laws.  Politic cross over with religion and military was first politic mix with Religion to order of western world. The other super power is Military complex where my God is better than your God goes onward today. Fight the good fight.

USA over the last 200 year history has had a major war every 20 years as it too like the Nazi wants to dominate the world. This is a manhood problem that divides the people. Luckly,the true leaders of our ethic rather than moral in human history is global public option of our consciousness.

2. Jerami profile image78

I love it when I run into people that have done their research and profess things to be a certain way based upon their studies, and that agrees with I have been thinking all along.

The strange thing is that others seem to be saying the same thing but expressing it from a different base of research and  prospective  and yet, seem to argue when they meet.
         When in fact their conclusions arrive at the same place.

"Beware of the Levin"  it has infiltrated the scriptures.

Like weevils in the cornmeal..  if there is no other and you are hungry? You will pick the weevils out and cook cornbread.

Thanks

A lot of the research comes from building historical display in museums and Theme Parks. FX work helps too, on Films. Been kick out of USA town for a display of Columbus in a pirate museum. Kick out of a country for refusing a war display and even end a topic here on this forum. In life, I can not live a lie or force my will on others. Making your Verbal peace and moving on is not like sticks and stones or bombs of harm.

You have gotten around the world I see.   Me ..  Just seen a little bit of life from a grass roots level.

I always liked think even when there was nothing to think about.  That is after I started on the down hill side of my sexual peek.   Just joking kinda  lol

Well it feels like bed time ...  see ya in the AM

3. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

I don't believe in Hell, but I believe a least one person has already put quite a lot of effort into thinking about your question. You may have heard of him: http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/d#a507

4. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

In Hebrew hell is the grave, the tomb. The story of Jonah says the belly of the whale was a hell (grave) for Jonah.
    Yahshua was said to be in hell three days. It means he was in the tomb for three days, the grave, the place of death.

"Apostle" Paul started the underworld myth.

Matthew 12:40
    For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. (the grave)

Paul was: the "Apostle to the Gentiles wrote in Greek. Matthew and Mark were written during the time of Paul's ministry (A.D. 48) Peter and Paul were preaching at Rome, and laying the foundations of the Church.

Matthew wrote his Gospel, aligned with first-century Judaism, linked to the Jewish-Christian Gospels. Most scholars today believe that "canonical Matt was originally written in Greek by a non-eyewitness Jesus fulfilled Jewish prophecies

Old Testament suspected the idea of hell, yet does not contain the concept of Hell, Much about hell has been hear say. Either way the concept of hell burns in the minds of every Christian. Then many Christian send their entire life preparing to meet the Lord. Little do they know it’s most likely it to be Lord Satan,according to the good book...

seems insane.

working