jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (27 posts)

What should we be focusing on?

1. profile image61
    haj3396posted 6 years ago

The Bible gives us stories, that we might focus when these problems come in our life's. Let's look at one. Noah Ark, How many were saved at a whole world? Why was these people destroyed? Is the world in the same condition as then? , why was Noah, his wife, his son and there wife's the only ones saved? If you can answer these question you will know what we should be focusing on.

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Buying very cheap land.

1. profile image61
        haj3396posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Matthew 16:26
        For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

1. Cagsil profile image59
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Statement, irrelevant.

No proof people have a soul. hmm

2. kirstenblog profile image78
          kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Legitimately buying land will not sacrifice your soul roll

2. Disappearinghead profile image88
      Disappearingheadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why don't you try focusing on writing a hub?

Have three hubs coming up soon.

2. profile image61

This is a Theological Discussion, if you done want to have a Theological Discussion, why done you look for another hub.

ok

3. Cagsil profile image59

Bible stories are only good for suckers who refuse to think for themselves and figure things out for themselves.
      Irrelevant how many were saved, but how many were actually destroyed by a supposed god.
      Because, the stories has to have some losers and some winners.
      No, we're much further advanced and it is the limited conscious thought process of the religious folk making it worse.

Stated above- some winners and some losers.
      Focus on your life and quit interfering in other people's life.

1. profile image61

Only if I could, but God ask me to,"as you put it interfering in other people's life.

And if god ask you to kill yourself for his glory...would you? hmm

4. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Haj:
      Your question is "What should we be focusing on?"
      My honest opinion?
      WE should be focusing on increasing the numbers of thinkers on this planet and ridding ourselves of those who are but obsequious followers, such as those who take you seriously.
      I am going to be honest and respond honestly. People who think like you, frighten the hell outa me!
      The history of people, such as yourself, have given lip service to love, peace and compassion, and operate in exact opposition to their words.
      Believers are imbued with clandestine guile and deceit.
      History PROVES me right!

2. shazwellyn profile image82
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

life... life is for living!

1. profile image61

What is Living, destroying yourself, for fun. Your done know what living is until you have live for God.

1. skyfire profile image72
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

BS.

Why you need to live for god ?

He made you for his entertainment, so get on that set and start the drama will ya ? wink

2. Cagsil profile image59

Not true.

3. shazwellyn profile image82
        shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

haj3396 - I am glad that you have found what makes your life complete.  I have found it too.  It might not be the same path as you, but living life without hostility and harm to others is my way.  It is about embracing all, without negativity.

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have serious issues with the story of Noah, first being that yet again too few humans were left to repopulate the world without genetic inbreeding and all the illness that result.

What I think we should be focused on is the here and now, who we choose to be each and every day. This is the one and only thing we can actually reasonably expect to control. So exercise self control and choose to be the person you want to be, don't worry about controlling others as you will fail!

1. profile image61

CONTROLLING OTHERS, DO YOU KNOW every time I tell you about Jesus Christ I put my life and my families life on the line. God ask me to do this and I believe in him.

1. kirstenblog profile image78

Why do you think you are putting any life on the line? If I really don't like what you say I will surely ignore you. Verily I say, I have a mind of my own and unto myself I place responsibility for my actions. The true nature of who I wish to be would not deprive you or anyone else of life for words alone. Not only am I no threat to you but I am no threat due to my choosing, not because God asks me to not hurt you. I control myself ya see big_smile

1. qwark profile image61
          qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kirsten:
          I am standing and applauding you!!!

Awww shucks, I'm blushin now smile

Hey Kirsten, take a picture, I want to see you blushing. tongue

Aww, to late now, have to try to next time something makes me blush smile

4. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Not sure if you'll get theistic approach from this but when you give more respect to life of others, then you are more likely to rise above all others to be saved. Noah thought life of many animals as worthy apart from his own and family. If you were to be a god, will you save a selfish person or person like Noah who tried his best to save others.

Just one curious question to you, if you believe in noah's arc story, how noah managed drainage and smell issue, predatory/prey issue in the ship when he packed a lot of animals ?

5. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

We should be focusing on the here and now you nutjob!! and really considering the possibilities of some mystical life message in a book that was a story book for children is just one of the most redundant things to dio in the history of Christs turd pit!

Believe what you want, but don't force your shite on us who'd rather just get on with life and make something out of it, instead of this pile of rancid bollocks!

Good day sir! and Noah how effing old was he supposed to be!!!!! the bearded spanner sack!

working