jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

What is Happiness or can you have happiness outside God?

1. profile image59
    haj3396posted 6 years ago

No!!!!!!!!

But, there is a imitation happiness, that people have. Money, sex, drinking, parties, drugs, lying and etc.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The OP is irrationality stated because it has no foundation and lack true knowledge of understanding life itself. hmm

1. profile image59
      haj3396posted 6 years ago in reply to this

where do you live inside you head, surely not in the United States of America.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't need to live inside your head. I can see the irrationality in the words you use and YES I do live in America.

3. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

Some of the worst, most lonely, horrific times in my life happened when I tried to believe in a religious god. It is a little insulting to say the only happiness that people who are not religious can have is ...."Money, sex, drinking, parties, drugs, lying and etc."

What about family, children, the simple joy of taking a walk on a foggy morning, listening to music, reading a good book...and etc.?  (and don't tell me people who believe in god don't enjoy sex....)

1. profile image59
      haj3396posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You misunderstood me I said these are some of the imitations that people are saying makes them happy. But, If God is not in you Life then these family, children, the simple joy of taking a walk on a foggy morning, listening to music, reading a good book...and etc want make you happy, I know!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ohhhh sorry about the misunderstanding.  smile I tend to do that a lot.

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Justine, you didn't misunderstand what was said. He is just trying to manipulate you to see his side by claiming you cannot have the happiness with family, friends and other things without god first.

So, in the end, you didn't misunderstand- he apparently refuses to grasp the concept of life without a god. He isn't interested in learning, just manipulation.

2. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Here Here! You got some good ideas for happiness!

Have you ever satisfied a gut feeling to follow a dry and dusty road that's beckoning you to find the heart of a shimmering summers day? Have you ever seen a sight as beautiful as that of the  rain soaked purple of the white birch in spring?

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sure have. I walked five miles back from where the jeep got stuck o n that dusty road....hand in hand whith my best friend.  or how about, standing still in field in waist deep snow, or a full moon reflecting off a frozen lake, kissing in the rain by an old rock dam, lying on your back watching fluffy clouds float through an azure summer sky, watching your grandparents renew their wedding  vows on their 50th anniversary....

working