jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Since this is a Theological Discussion how can I help the young?

1. 62
    haj3396posted 5 years ago

1 Peter 1:25
    But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

How can you help the young. Teach them what they need to know and leave "religion" and it's fictional "god" out of it completely.

3. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

You can help the young by not helping them YOUR way.

4. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

From what I can see you would do best to take a closer look at yourself, what real good you actually do in the world. In doing so you may well teach through example. Remember, helping hands are greater then praying lips. What real good have you done today? Who has actually benefited because of you? How many suffering people have been relieved because of you? Are the starving eating because of you? Are the homeless in shelter because of you?

When you lead through example you inspire the greatest kindness and love in others, when you preach God at people you do nothing but move about hot air. You risk making the belief in God an embarrassment for others!

5. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

Not likely to take my advice and show the 'love of god' in your actions instead of your preaching then? lol