jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

If the bible canon wasn't selected by a committee of men when it was..

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 5 years ago

would many more "books" have been added to it since, to reflected changes in culture etc?

1. goldenpath profile image81
      goldenpathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course.  Events of Nicea selected writings and doctrines that would benefit the control and structure of an organized religion according to their desire.  Had all the doctrines been introduced the world would be a very different place.  This is why I am so grateful for modern revelation that agrees with Bible teachings yet adds such insight and explanation to the plan of man.

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The human's fallible word, is not the same, as Is, The Word of God.

The myopic religious Clergy, and the Satanics, knighted writer, to name a few  ... are still adding stories, to the Chapter of Revelation ...

Gay Rights, Euthenesia, and Cloning, are a few, of the new Books ... in the process of Making.

1. 0
        just_curiousposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow. that's a scary philosophy. I think Baileybear and Jerami are right. Power and politics hijacked Christianity at that counsel. That's anything organized though. The majority tries to cubby hole the minority into whatever little hole they can best control them oin.

1. 0
          just_curiousposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mistype. Mistype. Before anyone responds and acusses me of ignorance, let me restate that. I don't believe they were the majority. What I actually think is the powerful minority hijacked this. Majority, minority. Stalagtite, stalagmite. Terms I get confused.

2. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

This is entirely  just opinion.

We must remember what the purpose was for Constantine to call all of the religious leaders together in the first place.   

That purpose was to bring all religions together under one banner.  To create a sense of unity back to the Roman Empire.

I think that the writings that were selected WERE chosen because these were the most politically correct at the time.
      So this causes me to wonder;  ???