jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Pastor to church leaders: Thou shalt not Facebook

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Pastor to church leaders: Thou shalt not Facebook
    Reverend says site reigniting old passions, which is leading to infidelity

The Associated Press

NEPTUNE, N.J.  A New Jersey pastor is telling his married church leaders to delete Facebook or resign.

The Rev. Cedric Miller says much of his recent marital counseling has included infidelity stemming from the social-network website.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40235085/ns … ?gt1=43001

socializing online equals infidelity? roll

1. Disappearinghead profile image87
      Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Let's forbid going to the movies, drinking beer, eating cake, and anything else that brings a little joy while we're about it.

1. aka-dj profile image79
        aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What? You do this stuff?
        Shame, shame. lol

1. Disappearinghead profile image87
          Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't be silly. There's nothing more I hate than being told by some church type what I can and can't do.

I was being a little sarcy in my last post.

2. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

Actually there's some truth to this. The next girl I date I will NOT friend her.

Too much gossip, misunderstandings (who's that guy you sent a hottie pic to) and crap in general.

It's like a webcam in your date's home that only picks up enough to make you freak out. tongue

3. Stories Inc. profile image60
    Stories Inc.posted 5 years ago

Hm, don't you ever wonder what the 10 commandments would have looked like if they had been "written" now?

4. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

Yeah, that's right. Treat them like children and burn all the nasty books, and keep them from seeing Harry Potter because it demonic, and keep them from sexting each other and for heaven's sake, keep them away from Facebook. God knows they will never grow up or face the consequences of their actions or learn from their mistakes.

How pathetic. And these people want converts to their little exclusve, religious, twisted social clubs?

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

this stuff is so contradictory. these church leaders are the same people who complain about government being too powerful... yet they can tell their people what to do and what not to do.

1. Aya Katz profile image90
      Aya Katzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The difference between the government and a church is that you can always leave the church. It has no power over you, unless you allow it. This is a tremendously important difference. Choice is everything.

Anyone can tell anyone else what not to do. But only the government can enforce the commandment.

6. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

The Internet Pandora's box has been opened and social networking is here to stay.  Unfortunately, it's just another way to enable people to cheat if they are so inclined.  Facebook is not responsible for people's misbehaviors.  This pastor needs to wakeup.  Internet infidelity has been around for a long time and was happening in adult chat rooms years before Facebook was ever even heard of.