jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Why want God answer when we ask him to bless us?

1. profile image61
    haj3396posted 6 years ago

James 1-3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is your question or forum point?

2. DaKingsKid profile image57
      DaKingsKidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think sometimes that God knows what you are asking for will be more of a curse than a blessing, and that maybe you need to realize what blessings you already do have and start thanking Him for those..

One other point is that God has blessed you, but sometimes the things you are asking for come in His timing... Wait on the Lord... Trust Him for He is faithful.. Stand on His word for your life...

Look to the Giver, not what can be given.. I have looked to what is in His hand before, taking my eyes off of Him... Seek Him

3. Jerami profile image76
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why want God answer when we ask him to bless us?

You would help your children any way that you can to improve themselves. 
          How much assistance would you give them toward their destruction.

If they asked for money to pay their electric bill, you would give it to them.
        If they needed your help because they already spent their money on crack cocaine  you "MIGHT" pay their electric bill?

BUT If they are going to buy Crack Cocaine with it?

It depends on what you are going to do with a blessing that determines if you are going to get it.

2. wearing well profile image78
    wearing wellposted 6 years ago

I don't fully understand your question but I've never asked God to bless me! But I do believe that Gods' spirit lives within all of us and so I take great joy and delight in blessing my children daily through hugs,love and compassion because I am blessed to have them in my life:)
    I feel blessed when good things have happened to me, when I leased expected them!

1. profile image61
      haj3396posted 6 years ago in reply to this

If your children were sick, you would not ask God to make your children well? Even, if you take them to the doctor?

1. wearing well profile image78
        wearing wellposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Of course you would pray for their recovery;as well as putting your trust and faith in your G.P. too smile

3. Jerami profile image76
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

What would happen  if   during the times of his judgments, that we were to pray for a blessing?
      I think that the department of answered prayers will be closed for that weekend that weekend ???

4. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I never ask god or the tooth fairy or the three bears anything really! smile

1. profile image61
      haj3396posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Who do you ask?

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I use my human functions to arrive at conclusions, advice from friends family and associates, or if it is a difficult problem I assign it to sleep, and the answer is usually provided by my own mind in the morning. smile

Works well for me.

working