jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (20 posts)

Cleverness not Piety

1. 60
    haj3396posted 6 years ago

There are youth who have a certain kind of cleverness, which is acknowledged and admired by their associates, but their ability is not sanctified. It is not strengthened and solidified by the graces and trials of experience, and God cannot use it to benefit humanity and glorify his name.

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
      pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes the bad student is a good teacher

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

haj = why not?  says who?

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
        Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, the bible dose say God gave us everything and all he wants in return is for us to glorify and worship him.

Not the view of most people who live on earth

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
          Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But wouldn't that mean god was insecure?  Needing someone, especially those not meant to know the reasons for doing so, to worship you, seems a bit needy to me!  And also threatening them with eternal damnation if they do not do his bidding could be construed as childish in nature.

So then we have to ask, is god good or bad?  How would you look at a human with these same traits?  Worship them?  No?  Why not, their actions would be considered godly, wouldn't they?

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
            Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

haj

When I was a kid going to church, they told me few stories about an all loving God, in which was fine.

Then our teacher told us about the children who mock the bald headed priest for being bald, then the priest shredded the children to death. I couldn’t hold a straight face and laughed out loud.

I was expelled; I was such a baaaad boy.

I suppose I would have been expelled also!  LOL!  But acting "godly" can mean killing those who do not agree with you!  The Christian version of god, anyway!

2. pennyofheaven profile image81

I would agree with that if God alone wrote the bible,  but man/men wrote the bible. They were teachings inspired by God, but just as we are now, the writers of the day were largely tainted by perception.

There is no evidence a deity of any kind had anything to do with the Bible.  Most of what's in the novel was borrowed from other ancient myths and religions which predated the book.  The books have been chosen from many versions which best suit those assembling the thing.

The new Testament is entirely hearsay with the main character not literate enough to deserve his own gospel.  Have you ever asked yourself why Jesus never wrote anything?  He could perform miracles but failed to pen anything!  Surely he had the ability if he was the son of a god!

No evidence I agree. There were claims made by most of the writers that gave tribute to God or Jesus is what my post was based on.

Deity for me conjures up imagery of idols on a pedestal. I am not sure they perceived God that way in that era. Who knows may be they did.

Considering Jesus didn't go to school (from 12 as far as I understand) perhaps he didn't know how to write. Brings to mind the cucumber sage.

http://www.whatdoyouthinkmyfriend.com/S … umber.html

He needed no schooling if his dad was a god!  Wasn't he discussing the scriptures of the Old Testament in the temple when Joseph went looking for him?  If he couldn't read, how could he be lecturing the priests about the writings in the OT?

Well if thats the case then perhaps he chose not to write I don't know. Why do you think he never wrote any books if he was intelligent enough to do so?

3. 0
            kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Randy, yes, once again I am so confused, *sigh*  hmm:

Be glad, Kim!  This means you are actually thinking!  Something many neglect to do once they begin merely taking others word for what is or is not possible!

2. Jaggedfrost profile image86
    Jaggedfrostposted 6 years ago

lol yeah, haj, are you God to us in disallowing them their right to inspire because you don't like how they go about it?

working