7:Detailed Descriptions of Heaven

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)
  1. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 13 years ago

Revelation 7

1-2 After this I saw four angels. Each one was standing on one of the earth's four corners.(THE WHOLE WORLD) The angels held back the four winds, so that no wind would blow on the earth or on the sea or on any trees. These angels had also been given the power to harm (AS A PUNISHMENT FOR SIN) the earth and the sea. Then I saw another angel come up from where the sun rises in the east, and he was ready to put the seal of the living God on people.(THIS IS THOUGHT TO REFER TO SELECTING THEM FOR SALVATION) He shouted to the four angels, 3 "Don't harm the earth or the sea or any tree! Wait until I have marked the foreheads of the servants of our God."4 Then I heard how many people had been marked on the forehead. There were one hundred forty-four thousand, and they came from every tribe of Israel. (THIS WILL OCCUR AFTER THE CHRISTIAN RAPTURE) 5 12,000 from Judah,12,000 from Reuben,12,000 from Gad,612,000 from Asher,12,000 from Naphtali,12,000 from Manasseh, 712,000 from Simeon, 12,000 from Levi, 12,000 from Issachar, 8. 12,000 from Zebulun, 12,000 from Joseph, and 12,000 from Benjamin.9 After this, I saw a large crowd with more people than could be counted.(THESE WERE THE CHRISTIANS WHO WERE MURDERED DURING THE TRIBULATION BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH ) They were from every race, tribe, nation, and language, and they stood before the throne and before the Lamb.(JESUS) They wore white robes and held palm branches (THESE WERE USED TO  DISPLAY THE EMOTION OF JOY IN THE OLD TESTAMENT) in their hands, 10 as they shouted,"Our God, who sits upon the throne, has the power to save His people, and so does the Lamb." 11 The angels who stood around the throne knelt in front of it with their faces to the ground. The elders and the four living creatures knelt there with them. Then they all worshiped God 12 and said, "Amen! Praise, glory, wisdom, thanks, honor, power, and strength belong to our God forever and ever! Amen!"13 One of the elders asked me, "Do you know who these people are that are dressed in white robes? Do you know where they come from?"14 " Sir, I answered, "you must know."Then he told me:"These are the ones who have gone through the great suffering.(THE TRIBULATION BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CHOSEN FOR THE RAPTURE) They have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb (WORSHIPED JESUS BECAUSE OF HIS SACRIFICE FOR THEM ON THE CROSS) and have made them white.(THEY BECAME HOLY DUE TO THEIR BELIEF)15 And so they stand before the throne of God and worship Him in His temple day and night.
    (THIS BOOK REPEATEDLY GIVES DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS OF HOW POWERFULLY GOD AND JESUS ARE WORSHIPED IN HEAVEN WHICH MAKE IT VERY OBVIOUS THAT MOST CHRISTIANS WHO SPEND FAR MORE TIME WORSHIPING SPORTS ON THE SABBATH DAY, THE DAY THAT WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP HOLY, THAN THEY SPEND WORSHIPING GOD THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE WEEK,WILL FIND HEAVEN A VERY UNPLEASANT AND EMOTIONALLY UNCOMFORTABLE PLACE TO LIVE SHOULD THEY EVER GET THERE) The One (GOD)who sits on the throne will dwell among them.(THIS IMPLIES THAT GOD WILL PROTECT THEM) 16 They will never hunger or thirst again, and they will not be troubled by the sun or any scorching heat.(THE CLIMATE IN HEAVEN IS FREE OF WEATHER EXTREMES )17 The Lamb (JESUS) in the center of the throne will feed (SPIRITUALLY ENRICH) them.He will lead them to streams of life-giving water,(THIS REFERS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT) and God will wipe all tears from their eyes.(GOD WILL REMOVE GRIEF FROM THOSE IN HEAVEN)

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3930771.jpg

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no secret rapture get out of tribulation free card.

It seems that the Western church is obsessed with a pre-trib rapture, 7 years of bad news, then the coming of Christ to reign for 1000years. But this is not the only view held by the church. A quick look at Wikipedia will lay out all the different ideas of pre-post-mid rapture; no rapture, all Israel saved; only 144,000 of them; pre-millenial, post millenial, etc. All the differing views have very valid arguments to make. Therefore one must not presume that they are the font of wisdom on Revelation, as that would be arogance.

However, it would also be well worth noting that for quite some time after the church was established, John's masterpiece was considered apocryphal with very many bishops and cardinals refusing to accept it as God's word.

I'd really like to see some more humilty regarding those who expound on Revelation.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I am simply stating what I read in scripture ; attempting to Interpret as little as possible!
    =============================================================
    DrDeanCrosby wrote  ..
       1-2 After this I saw four angels. Each one was standing on one of the earth's four corners.

- - - -

ME ...  I understand these four angels to represent the same four horsemen as described when the first four seals were opened.
    ==========================================================

DrDeanCrosby  wrote ..
      Then I saw another angel come up from where the sun rises in the east, and he was ready to put the seal of the living God on people.   .....     
    (THIS WILL OCCUR AFTER THE CHRISTIAN RAPTURE)
    - - - - - - -

ME  ...     This angel placed the seal on those people described in Daniel 12:1 ;  The children of Daniels people; also described in Rev as 12,ooo of each of the 12 tribes of Israel (Hebrews) The first fruits unto the Lord redeemed from AMONG mankind.   
       I do not recall any scriptures speaking of a CHRISTIAN RAPTURE !!   Only Hebrews !   

===============================================

DrDeanCrosby  wrote ..
      9 After this, I saw a large crowd with more people than could be counted.(THESE WERE THE CHRISTIANS WHO WERE MURDERED DURING THE TRIBULATION BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH ) They were from every race, tribe, nation, and language, and they stood before the throne and before the Lamb.

- - - - - - -

This Is what is written!
    ===========================================================

DrDeanCrosby  wrote ..
       "Do you know who these people are that are dressed in white robes? Do you know where they come from? "14 " Sir, I answered, "you must know."Then he told me:"These are the ones who have gone through the great suffering.(THE TRIBULATION BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CHOSEN FOR THE RAPTURE) They have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb (WORSHIPED JESUS BECAUSE OF HIS SACRIFICE FOR THEM ON THE CROSS) and have made them white.(THEY BECAME HOLY DUE TO THEIR BELIEF)15 And so they stand before the throne of God and worship Him in His temple day and night.
    - - - - - - -

What is most important HERE in this verse is what is not said!
    This does NOT say that this is the first resurrection; but simply that these are they that came out of the Great tribulation that Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24.

To make that assumption would be a GREAT error!
    ===========================================================

ME  ..   If we pay close attention and consider the importance of the chronological order of these prophesy as written ???   
      We will see that all of these things mentioned concerning the first six seals are finished before the seventh seal is opened!

And THEN ...  When the seventh seal is finally opened ...
    Nothing happens ...  Except for silence of about half an hour!

If this indicates nothing else it still places separation between those events and those that are to follow!

The first resurrection is not mentioned until after the sixth trumpet is sounded.

There is rhyme  AND  reason for these prophesy to have been given in the order that they are given.

3. mikelong profile image62
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

People need to stop focusing so much attention and energy on "post death".....and instead put their energies and purpose on the time spent living......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)