jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (39 posts)

Is Salvation worthy of my soul?

1. Castlepaloma profile image25
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

When most Christians believe in hell and most Christians believe most people go to hell.

If I master my jealously or my wrath, how could a super natural God be worthy of being all loving

If God sends most of my love ones to hell, why is God worthy to take my soul also?

1. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like my daddy told me when I was a teen ...  if most of my friends were jumping off a bridge would I feel like I had to jump too?

Like Earnest said the other day;  It isn't any of his business what other people think (about him).  I'll just cut off his last two words and still agree with what he said.

What you think!is of the most importance to you.

"They" could have it all wrong?
         What if I wanted to keep "GOD" all to myself so I lie to you about him, so you won't like him?   

Just kidding ....   Maybe?

Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have not harmed anyone or myself in the entire time on earth.

Who’s to say a Christian hard fundamentalist might throw me off a bridge for being a heretic

I'm with ya on that.
            I"d refuse to go along with that idea.

I guess you have not traveled across some zone war religious countries.
            Heretic can be considered a sub human in areas of mental ill killers.

In my mind ...   (excuse the hillbilly slang for a moment)

It don't matter how deep the mud was !  ...

Moma still aint goina let ya walk across tha floor !!!!!

and it aint about  ?     ?

how many countries you have seen.   The battle is within the mind no matter where you are at.

Travel 94 countries and went into 5 war zones, 2 by choice, but would never do it again.

Have not met anyone that was non religious soldier, I’m sure there is somewhere

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
                  Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://livingwithmormons.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/atheists_in_foxholes.jpg

1. fits3x100 profile image62
                    fits3x100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL!!! Now that was fast!  Out squashin' bugs? Mark, let's start with any of the claims you feel are irrational. I goota feelin' your lookin' or  you wouldn't be here...eh?

2. Castlepaloma profile image25

There you go

I'm was only a tourist, a crazy adventurous

2. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We have many other choices for kinder and loving methods of an after life than salvation, in other religions and 11% of the world’s spiritual non religious groups

Salvation most likely involves hell. What about torture for eternity most Christian believe?

3. 0
      zampanoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can you repeat the question, please ?
      Is my soul worthy of salvation ?

I'm talking about a hell hole of eternal torture. Where most sinners suffer everlasting torture without learning their righteous way. It seems most Christians believe most people will be tortured for ever. Like somehow that makes their struggle worth while on earth.

1. 0

Ah ! Ok.

2. pennyofheaven profile image81
          pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The mind is capable of immense torture on oneself. Whose to say we are not already in hell when the mind operates like this. The mind is also capable of immense pleasure. Whose to say we are not already in heaven when the mind operates like this. Heaven and hell could be here and now depending on where our minds are at any given moment. Now is all we have to work with.

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Your question brings this to mind,

The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll f*ckin' spank you."

Maybe they needed a spanking during bible med evil times; when they only managed to live to their mid 20s.

Kids today can sue their parents for spanking and divorce them if they are really bad.

3. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

What kind of person would, seriously, consider and respond to this question?
    Qwark

1. 0

Depends on what you've been smoking... tongue

1. qwark profile image59
        qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Zamp:
        Hahaha...you make a valid point...   :-)

More people smoke up than there are Christians in the world. There more Christians who smoke up than any other group I know.

So, I'm likely to get some attempts.

Great point. God doesn't send people to a Hell. They do. Totally agree with the organized religion comments. In Genesis, when the serpent tempts Eve, he uses the same mental picture for God that I just heard here. There are many names for God. The name used throughout the first chapters of Genesis is a name that has a present, parental, connotation, then the serpent says, "Did God really say..." The word he uses for God here is meant to imply an impersonal creative force that set this up and went somewhere to watch it all wind down...   The death Eve faced is the same death all of her children face...Eternity without God. That is where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. The good news is that the Kingdom has come. It is now. You can not only live in the Creators presence, he can live in you... hehehe...I know...I know...prove it! Right? all of creation gives evidence... Can you see the wind? Or just the evidence of it's existence?

1. pennyofheaven profile image81

Perhaps its more eternity without the full awareness of God. There is nowhere where god is not and as you say the whole of creation gives evidence.

Been seeking for evidence for this super natural or personal God. I tried in order to understand my brother who is a pastor.

I came on line nearly a month ago and I can accept if people are christain. But do not accept if I'm offended them, just by me being not Christian.

Keep looking? I mean really what could it hurt?  The last thing the world needs is another Christian that believes "just because". A good friend once told me, "whatever you believe, do your best to know why you believe it" I'm trying!

1. pennyofheaven profile image81

Thats good advice from your friend. Thanks!

2. pennyofheaven profile image81

If you have offended anyone because you are not Christian, I doubt whether it has anything to do with your own personal views. Perhaps it is more that whoever is offended cannot quite associate your views with their own because the depth of understanding may not yet be clear for them yet.

When opposition (if you like) evokes an adverse emotion the source always lies within ourselves. It is rarely if ever the outer source which most of us  always point the finger at.

It is within ourselves too that confirming the existence of God will be of any use to us.  Not sure that super natural would be the term I would use. Personal is also subject to how one views it.

If you look at a new born babe one does not see just flesh and bones. You can feel love in its purist form. The presence of God is at its strongest when you still your mind and absorb the presence and love of the new born babe.

Everyones experience of God differs to the next but experiencing requires no contribution from our minds except observation without judgement.

It’s more like adjusting mistakes along the way and observation rather than sins and saints. I don't think mankind is capitally of knowing what form God takes. Fresh imagination (godlike) shortly followed by science and mind was worked out best so far. I imagine everyone and everything is God and only thing penetrates me is love and kindness

Religion has been like the fight club, rule is, you don’t talk about the fight club, online, it’s safe to explore.  I find its not useful to confront religious people on their religion much anymore. Having a two way conversation, its better to be so diplomatic and avoided the blind faith over emotional baggage.

I can not live a lie and only need a minimum evidence to have faith, yet  Religion has not enough evidence to make good sense for me. It would be healthier to send my energy on real spiritual topic by working the truer unknowns rather than the 2000 disagreeable versions and of the bible and the 1000s of wrong translations of the Bible.

4. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

...   The death Eve faced is the same death all of her children face...Eternity without God. That is where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

?       ?         ?

strike that out of the message and I'd agree with it.   

Not that it's like,  anybody needed my opinion. 

Just saying.

Nah... I keep an eye open for opinions like yours. I value any mind that seeks to understand, rather than to be understood...All of mankind, ie all of Eve's children, possess free will. When you find or hear of any of Eve's children passing thru this existence without violating any of Creations Natural Laws, let alone Gods Laws, through the exercise of that very same will, please contact me asap! No one has, now one will. Oil and water. Can't mix. Eternally separated. Unless... somehow, someway, someone erases their past. Could be opinion.... awful lot of evidence to support it though... read Lazurus and the rich man in Matthew if ya find some time...

I just re read your comment, I guess I misunderstood the Facing Eternity without God part,
          I previously took it to be saying   enduring   Eternity without God   ... I had a brain cramp   sorry.

No worries Dude! You are prolific enough here...perhaps an elongated tale or two would be a  great idea?  If your thinkin'....ya could be writin'!!!

working