How is it that Others who come in here into the Christian forums,

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (179 posts)
  1. DaKingsKid profile image72
    DaKingsKidposted 13 years ago

think they can tell us(Christians) that How and What we believe is wrong? I know that I can admit when I am wrong, and that I don't know somethings. Have they shared in any of the experiences that a majority of US, have had in experiencing God? Are they the one's who are a part of Your relationship with God? What I do see is a lot of hate directed toward people who Love what is good, and desire the best for there fellow man.. To know the True Living God....

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If this were not the case it would be a nation where only those who think as you do would have the right to have an opinion. You will also find that most atheists were previously religious people. After careful consideration and learning most chose not to believe. This in no way means that they instantly lost access to the knowlegde they gained making this decision.

Alot of it comes from decades of watching the christians stand and announce to the world that anyone not white, christian, or straight is the spawn of the devil.

You have a problem with non-believers stating that your beliefs are wrong and yet I assume you have no problem telling all those nohosexuals are wrong in their beliefs. The only thing you know for sure about your beliefs are that they are right for you. Christians take this to the next level by demanding that all those who have differing beliefs ask the christians for permission to live their own lives.

Too many christians I meet on a regular basis, are so busy telling the rest of the world that it is wrong, they have no time to examine their own actions. A large portion of the christian population needs some serious self examination of how far from the bible's teaching that their way of life is.

sry nohosexuals should have read homosexuals

2. DaKingsKid profile image72
        DaKingsKidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sad that so many people do damage in the name of God. Though their intentions may be good, they give the rest of us a bad rap..

I think most of those once Religious people truly hang out here because deep down inside they want to return home to Papa God,

I'm sorry for the bitterness towards those of the faith, that i can see in your answer.  How ever I can see you have been wronged by another obviously, that I would like to ask you to forgive me for.. I too, at best am a sinner, and have made/make great mistakes. I by no means am trying to tell you what and how you should live your life. I don't need to tell you what is wrong, for you already know with in your self was is wrong.

All I have for you is much respect and a great love, thank you for sharing your heart and taking the time to be transparent with me..

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/60494#

3. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As you can see, you have already told whomever reads this what you believe is best for them..."To know the True Living God...." 

You obviously desire it, you obviously think that is what is best for everyone but I don't think that and millions of others don't think that either.

So how is it that "others who come in here, into the Christian forums" can tell people what is best for others?

really its not about what I know.. Its about who I know. In knowing that God has something amazing in store for those who come to know and trust Him, as well as the blessedness of knowing Him. How could I not desire the best for them?

1. profile image0

So what does he look like?

Scripture gives a description in the book of revelation.. but I can see Him in my brothers and sisters. For me that is what He looks like... I can look and see Him in them...

Tell me what Wind looks like?
              Can't really see it, but you can feel it, and see the effects of it. Doesn't mean its not there..

1. profile image0
                Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

can feel it....that's what everyone concludes....a subjective "feeling"

2. getitrite profile image72
            getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I doubt it.  Again...He can't even feed the poor starving children of the world.  No matter how much we desire, he will not do it.  Pitiful.

Not a true statement Getitrite.. God has lots of organizations working throughout the world doing such.. God uses willing People to move with Him. If you would stop running from God and run to Him, you could be used in a mighty way as well. You probably have an amazing heart and could be moved to do great things in the world to help bring about change. Again though what have you done lately to help bring about change? Always talking about it, now be about it...

I see that this is a comment you seem to repeat a lot! If you really have such an issue of this problem why not move to make a difference and partner with one of these groups and help make a difference rather than complain.

Most food banks and places such as Salvation Army feed people within our own country. Compassion and World vision are two right off the top of my head are moving to combat hunger in third world countries.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
                Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And god cannot feed the children with a little less trouble and completeness?  Apparently not?  Human beings are feeding the children lucky enough to receive food!  Otherwise, any of us can say the other gods are doing it this way too!  Or do you think the other gods aren't worth giving credit to? Just yours, correct?  HAHAHA!

Randy just words.."any of us can say the other gods"

Action is where the rubber meets the road..

There is only One true Living God..

Not here to argue with you. Who's got the bigger stick.. I'm not out to bash you...

I'm trying to save you for your own good!  I am extremely worried you are not giving the other gods enough credit, or worst of all, you don't believe in them!

Perhaps you have never opened your heart to them and allowed them to show you the way!  Have you ever asked them to ease your mind in times of trouble?  You are one of their creations and they want you to believe in them!  Will you turn your heart away from them and continue to worship the wrong god?

If you would just think like me you will be saved!  Don't wait too long!

Aww too cute..

Meaning of Believe?

I love the God, that is Alive. I like the one that moves in my Life. I am going stick with Him. I know Him by Name. Whats nice is that He is with me always and when I call on His name He moves to help me..

Thank you for sharing. And when you are done scribbling, we can compare notes.

2. mom101 profile image59
              mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

getitrite. Would you please stop blaming God for the hungry of the world? It is absurd.

In many many instances, provisions have been made, food sent to other countries, in mass amounts, only to be stopped by the recieving countrys gov.

On a more local side, food has been provided for here also, in mass amounts.The provisions are there.  I have volunteerd at too many food banks and watch week after week people getting a weeks worth of food for their families and there are those that ARE HOMELESS and recieve a double and most often triple amount than the others THEN what do the HOMELESS do with the food they recieve? No, they don't sell it and buy "what"? I've seen it happen too many times.

God provides.   Satan on the other hand, well, we havent talked much about him. Maybe we should. His duties here on Earth are to destroy any and all goodness,    to install doubt into even the wisest of people.

Several years back, we did a food drive for "another country". We had loaded 45 semi trailers with food and other items. I mean loaded. Some of the people involved in the drive decided they needed food. So they helped themselves. That cut back seven or 8 rigs, but the remaining were denied entry.

This makes me wonder if all the people who are sending money to help these other countries are just wasting their time as well.

God provides.  Satan destroys.  I think it is way past time that the blame gets channeled in the proper direction. 

Satan does exist also.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is not true, please don't fabricate stories to support your beliefs.

You just contradicted yourself and confirmed your previous fabrication.

So, praying for things is not a waste of time?

Your god is to blame, that is obvious.

So does the Easter Bunny. smile

1. mom101 profile image59

What is not true?

Your claims, of course. smile

2. Woman Of Courage profile image62
                    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beelzedad, You have been constantly trying everyday to convince yourself it's not true. It's not working isn't it? hmm

It would be nice to know what you're talking about. smile

mom101, Very true, The same answers have been given to both of them in other forums. It's another form of the devil trick when someone continually put the blame on God for everything that is wrong. What a shame hmm

Why don't you put the blame on the real reason people go hungry in this world?  Greed, pure and simple!  There are no invisible
                    forces causing evil in the world, just human beings. 

In this, your religion is absolutely no different than any of the very ancient ones.  Good gods, bad gods, mischievous gods, gods of luck, gods of anger, gods for everything. you just have them all rolled into two characters.  And these aren't even original, just plagiarized from previous beliefs.

But if you are typical of most christians, you have not taken the time to really question exactly how your bible came into being.  You don't really care to know common men made it up from other ancient myths and gods while others chose which parts to leave in and to omit. 

Do you know anything about these writers?  of course not, they are not identified other than by hearsay recounts.  But yet you are willing bet your soul on these unknown writer's scribblings. 

Bright!

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62

You are right, Greed of people is one of the reason, and greed comes from the devil. Where did you get your information from? I read the bible and it states clearly how it was written. Allow me to speak for myself please smile Of course I know something about these writers. God is the author of the bible. He use men to write it, and the scriptures were inspired by a great God. If you don't believe a word of the bible. Why waste your time arguing? I choose to believe the holy true word of God.

How do you know the writers were telling the truth, WoCo?  And how do you know who the writers were?  The Gospels say very plainly, the "Gospel according to"!  This means hearsay!

What witnesses were there to the writers communicating with god, who can vouch for their veracity?  If someone falsely maintained god spoke to them about writing such a book, who could say whether they were telling the truth or not?  We have the same claims being made today by such people?

Your answers will reveal just how much you know concerning the veracity of the writers!

2. Castlepaloma profile image74
                    Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The devil invented job, I send most of my waking hours of my life continually loving my job.

It seems the devil not so bad.

Who created the devil in the first place and if God is all powerful, why dose him not just gets rid of the devil?

Who is really to blame?

It seems the christian god is so bored he must create a scenario in which humans suffer and die for thousands of years, tormented by Satan, fighting wars, just to reach an ending he already knows.

Bored, insecure gods are the worst of them all!

1. Castlepaloma profile image74

Why that is most Christian can't give me a sensible answer or blow me off towards most of my challenging questions and often enough non believers at least attempt to give me closer answer?

???

2. mom101 profile image59

Randy, I am neither bored nor insecure. Just the opposite.

God created Lucifer, a  perfect angel. Lucifer made a devil of himself. "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, "For thou hast corruped thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness." Ezekiel 28:17. Lucifer became rebellious and desired to be above God. I encourage to read the bible for yourself. Isaiah 14:13,14

3. Beelzedad profile image58

So, your answers are based on invisible beings working in the background? Yes, that is a shame. LOL!

Bdad, it is a shame.

It is a shame that people can't understand the war that is being fought.

It does not surprise me at all. The "devil" is on his game. He knows the obstacles this country is facing and still he is hard at work. Hes a worker, thats for sure.

Its a shame. I agree.

And bd- I am no liar.

3. Woman Of Courage profile image62

DaKingsKid, We can definitely feel the effects of the wind, and we can also feel the awesome effects of a personal experience from God. The power of his presence is like none other. smile

2. DavePrice profile image60
          DavePriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Still, it has been said that it doesn't take a Christian to walk into a church and tell you what is wrong with it. Criticism, when taken humbly, is profitable.

It's funny how Christians in their zealotry do not see themselves when they evangelize the gospel and tell us all how to live based on their mythology.

Of course, if they could ever distinguish their religion from the many other religions as having anything to do with love, or at the very least; reality, they might begin to see themselves. smile

Beelzedad do you need a hug...? Nothing but Love for ya....

I'm not here to argue, and some of your comments seem to try to get a rise out of people. It seems in all most every forum I see you in.

"if they could ever distinguish their religion from the many other religions as having anything to do with love, or at the very least; reality, they might begin to see themselves."

I am not here to claim any sort of religion. I'm all about relationship. As for the last part of what you said, I began to really see myself in the light of Gods word. To understand my true state of being and condition has helped me to understand who I am and what my purpose truly is.

Oh yeah i loved that last part "based on their mythology" based on your lack of understanding of our experiential Christianity. What I mean by this is even though you have not had our experiences means you can not say they did not happen or make up some reason to excuse them...
            What is also strange is how so many people have shared the same experience in experiencing God, that your want to argue at His existence or about their experience..

I really have nothing but Love for you. You way of thinking and ability to make such thought provoking statements is awesome.

Agreed. Many people have shared the same experience.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
              couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

My goodness, you are angry. Fabricated stories followed up with personal insults. Feel better, now? smile

4. thisisoli profile image68
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a problem with all religions, they preach about love and peace, but they cause a lot of issues with the world around us. Religion once might have had a place in society, but I think the money owuld be better spent on propper spport groups nowadays.

5. lcg4jc profile image70
          lcg4jcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you. I started hubpages less than two months ago and I started by going into the forums that seemed to be under the heading of Christianity. The questions asked seemed relative to my beliefs so I answered. I soon found out that they were "a bait" I have not returned to forums until today that I saw the question on my profile. It is a good question, one that I posed a while ago without any response from those who are doing the "baiting" Don't fall for the trap anymore and stay clear of the "bait and trap" game. God bless you

6. lcg4jc profile image70

FOR ALL YOU WHO ARE UNABLE TO FOLLO0W INSTRUCTIONS OR WHO PURPOSEFULLY CHOOSE NOT TO FOLLOW THEM - HUB PAGES TOPICS

UNDER RELIGION AND PHILOSOPHY THERE ARE SEVERAL TOPICS FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE. IF YOU CHOOSE:
          CHRISTIANITY, THE BIBLE AND JESUS

HUBPAGES DECLARATION REGARDING THIS TOPIC IS THE FOLLOWING:

ARTICLES ABOUT LIVING A CHRISTIAN LIFE, THE MEANING OF THE BIBLE, JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS, WORSHIPPING GOD, AND OTHER TOPICS OF INTEREST TO CHRISTIANS.

IF YOU ENTER INTO THE TOPIC OF CHRISTIANITY, THE BIBLE AND JESUS THEN UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A PLACE FOR TOPICS OF INTEREST TO CHRISTIANS.

THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR NAYSAYERS, UNBELIEVERS, PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS WHO DO NOT HAVE ANY INTEREST IN TOPICS THAT ARE OF INTEREST TO CHRISTIANS.

THIS IS NOT THE FORUM TO PLACE YOUR ARGUMENTS OR DEBATES OR TO
          CALL PEOPLE NAMES.

REALLY HOW OLD ARE YOU? GROW UP, FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONRS, FIND THE CORRECT TOPIC TO SPEAK OF THINGS THAT ARE OF INTEREST TO NON-CHRISTIANS.

AS FOR THIS TOPIC UNDER THIS HEADING, ACCORDING TO HUB PAGES THIS IS FOR TOPICS OF INTEREST TO? 

YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, TO CHRISTIANS!!!! 

IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THESE TOPICS AND SIMPLY WANT TO DEBATE GO FIND YOUR OWN FORUM ON WHICH TO SPEW YOUR ANTI-GOD VENOM

1. profile image0

THEN WHY ASK NON-CHRISTIANS A QUESTION REGARDING CHRISTIANITY! DUH!

1. lcg4jc profile image70

THAT DOES NOT NEGATE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ENTERING A FORUM THAT IS MEANT FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE. IF SOMEONE POSTS SOMETHING IN AN INCORRECT FORUM, ARE YOU TO FOLLOW SUIT AND ENTER AN ANSWER THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW THE RULE?
              ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

I fully agree.

3. DaKingsKid profile image72

Well put...

4. profile image0

I'm sorry but I don't think the christian forum means only christians are allowed to post, but rather those that are interested in the topic about christianity.

Likewise, I very much doubt that topics about homosexuality are only for homosexuals to comment on, or posts about babies are only for those with babies to comment on.

But, there seems to be some confusing about this matter, as some insist that only christians are allowed on the christian forum, not those that are knowledgeable about christianity.

I have seen people complaining in the science section (on evolution) about religion coming into it, and that's fair enough - if the point was to do with religion & evolution then it belongs in the religious forums; otherwise the science section.

7. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would love such persons and won't hate them; I would like to be one with them without losing my identity.

8. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
          Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a Muslim ... I am a Follower of Prophet Muhammad. Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon him.

I believe in Prophet Jesus, the Christ, son, of the Blessed Virgin, Mary, Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon him ...

I believe in all the Prophets of God, and Scriptutres Revealed by God, Upon his Prophets.

I Believe in Jesus, and his Stated, as much, as I Believe in Muhammad ... and his Stated ... Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon them.

Thus, I have the Believer's Right, to be a part of any Forum, where God's Prophets ... The Last Prophet, Muhammad, and Jesus, the Christ, Peace be upon them ...  are being discussed.

But ... I am nobody, nor are you, to say, that I am Right, and you are Wrong ... Its for God, to Decide the Propriety of any held Belief ... .

MERRY CHRISTMAS .
          MY CHRISTIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS

9. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is neither a god nor a son of god; he was as he claimed a son of man and a Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

10. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years ago

Mostly people here just object to people trying to proliferate their strange beliefs, you want to 'believe' is fine by me and most others I would think, but depositing it in public is to ask for criticism so why complain when you get it ?

Criticism is good, but as you can see Its a good question.

I disagree about the quality of the question. I have a blog about something similar. A local resident here in sc was complaining inthe paper about all the atheists using the bible against christians. My impression was that he demanded that all non-believers give up the knowledge of chrisatianity, once they quit believing. That most atheists know more about the bible than he does is of no importance. He feels that all christians should be able to preach anything they want, anywhere they want, with no-one offering a differing opinion. Sound familiar?

No really...
                I love Atheists, one of my best friends of 11 yrs is one. I have no problem with what she thinks or believes. I just know what I have experienced and have read in the Word of God. I enjoy her seeing the change in my life over the Years.. See know that something is up, and accepts me for me, as I do her..

Stump I enjoy your mind and how you think.. I really like your comments..

2. fits3x100 profile image59
                fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I respectfully disagree with Mr. Stump on this one, and agree with DaKingsKid. (as if my concurrence could carry significance). First of all, Atheist are apparently as busy "proliferating their strange beliefs" as are the Christians, lest I suspect they would frequent Atheist sites? Next, I went the other way, Refuted the faith of my fathers at a young age, searched every possible avenue available to me for the Origin of man...and the more I dug, the more truth the Bible held for me. Again....for me.
                  But, Stump has a different view. Could be because he's standing on different ground and has a different focal point. Not higher, not lower, different. I do love that the Bible is the standard of reference...hehehe...God Bless Ya'all !

1. profile image0
                  china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The bible is not any standard of reference - it is a novel that most people understand is a metaphorical story for the guidance of those people too simple to see reality.  As a metaphor it has value, but when people start seeing the figments of someone else's imagination they are psychotic.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
                    pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nothing wrong with metaphorical guidance if it is useful I agree.

Sorry there China man...that was a reference to a conversation earlier with Stump about using the Bible to confront Christians. For me ....Novels aren't written over a period of hundreds of years by multitudes of pens all claiming to be the mouthpieces of the Creator...and somehow tell only one story ultimately. And I am glad that your here to keep simple minds like mine in line with your obviously superior mind! I was trying to learn from who I believe is the Creator of the Universe, and you were here all along! Thank God!  oops... I mean Thanks China Man!

1. profile image0
                      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's ok son, pleased to drop down now and then to try to illustrate the more ridiculous aspects of these conversations big_smile

Novels are often written by several people, and compilations are very normal books to find.  And the ages that you find add weight to your book also carry with it the superstition and lack of general knowledge of so much that we know today.  Never mind that it was compiled fairly recently from shedloads of old material - cherry picked to back the aims of the christian church, not reflect the true nature of the original writings.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
                        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Bible, both OT and NT, are great reading.  What an incredible story written over time and all coming together for a fabulous climactic ending.  Couldn't have been written any better by the most talented writers of today.  Some fictional elaboration, possibly.  Historical, probably.  Accurate, to some degree.  Good reading, absolutely.  I like reading feel good books.

3. lcg4jc profile image70

China Man: That is your opinion not a fact.

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
                      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lets put it this way...for one thing our soul's when we die do not stay in the ground waiting for Judgment Day and another thing our divine soul's cannot burn in fire. We wouldn't feel any pain. Etc, etc, etc....

The Bible has so many falsehoods to it that it can greatly deceive those that naively believe full-heartedly word for word. I do however, greatly enjoy reading all the holy books and taking what I can use and leaving the rest.

I am a psychic medium and have seen and telepathically communicated with spirits basically my whole life. I like divination tools too. It's a good way to connect to ones subconscious mind. big_smile

I was raised having spiritual gifts and nobody is going to tell me my natural abilities are demonic!!

Or that I am a witch for it!! Even though Christians will consider me one for knowing things I shouldn't know 'psychically' and will go as far as to say "Satan begone." Thinking that my natural gifts our from some demonic being and that I am possessed by some evil entity for knowing the future, etc.

What can I say: I am an Indigo Adult, we have gifts.

Let's just put it this way: Religious fanatics cause to much trouble judging everyone with narrow minds.

Oh boy!  Tell me the lottery numbers if you are psychic!  But let me guess, you cannot just answer the questions you want, it is a matter of what pops into your head!  Or...I can only use my power for good and not for personal gain.  Other wise my profile score would not be a mere 34!

What a crock!

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60

Yeah, that's why you are a snake bud.

2. lcg4jc profile image70

That is your opinion as well, not a fact!

Since when do christians deal in facts?  I though they believed the bible with blind faith!

3. pennyofheaven profile image80

Wasn't Joseph with all the brothers Joseph (Not Marys Joseph) something like a psychic? My memory has gone blank but I am sure there were others?

Moving forward from those days they use to burn perceived witches in the  days but gladly they don't do that any more and usually are accepted for what they are.

Can't think why you or anyone in a similar field would be perceived as demonic. mmmm

Joseph had dreams, and a gift to interpret dreams...

4. Beelzedad profile image58

It is interesting that you believe you're somehow special and have gifts others do not share. Of course, your so-called gifts defy logic and the physical laws of the universe.

Some people also believe they are Napoleon. At the very least, their claims don't defy physical laws. smile

2. profile image0

what "strange beliefs" might those be?

Let's try this: To every coin, there are two sides.

For this we will "label" one side right.....the other wrong.

I am going to give 2 examples of life, and let you choose which side of the coin they fit under. Tell us why you think they belong to the side you chose.
                                                                          Number 1
                    Let's say Katie is at school, and Sam and Amanda decide one day to "pick at her". Katie takes the insults, the occasional slap upside the head, doesn't react in any way, A witness reports the abuse to the school authorities,..... Katie gets in trouble because in her backpack she has her devotional book, and the two "pickers" were offended by its presence.
                                                                          Number 2
                    Gina is on her way home from work and stops by the grocery store to get a few things for supper. As she is leaving the store, she is approached by a woman who appears "homeless" and asks if she could spare enough money to buy a loaf of bread and maybe something to put on it. Gina, whirls around, scared and offended and makes the remark "how dare you". Gina gets in her car, grabs her cell and calls whoever. Can you believe the nerve of this woman.....Later that evening, Gina and her family go to church. They do the praise and worship deal. They shed a few tears, and Gina looks at the church bulletin, and reads, body of a woman, found this afternoon, apparently a victim of hunger and homelessness. ......

These examples are in no way directed to any person on a personal level. They both have a right and wrong side. What made each on right and wrong?

How would you have changed the outcome or would you? Why?

Talking about reality is a strange belief?

Clearly, that is a fabrication or the "possible avenues available" were few and far in between.

Reference to what? The bible is irrelevant to those of other religions and of non-believers, billions of people. smile

1. fits3x100 profile image59

Wow Beelzedad, I guess you'd have to read the whole post to place appropriate context for "point of reference". Ask Stump where that snippit came from. And I'll let you know when I'm fabricating. If it's a belief, I'll call it as such...If it's a fact, I'll call it as such. If it's simply evidenciary, I'll call it as such. And as for me? I will never assume where your boots have been...It could very easily hamper my minds ability to find value in your speech. ( or at least make a fair attempt to do so)

fits3x100

I always imagine walking in other people's shoes. It’s a method to explore unlimited possibility and become personable with that person.

Being against any group or person makes you part of the problem. .
                      If the Bible is the be all and end all, your rules will be broken more often by you, for trying to be too straight and narrow.

The bible requires its adherents to judge others as being sinful if they do not think like them!  But then, it also says not to judge! It says "thou shalt not kill."  But then tells its followers "thou shalt not suffer a fool to live." 

But believers do judge others according to their own particular religion or preferences.  And they want us to be like them!  LOL!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
                          Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On the contrary I dont want you to be like me lol or to be like you, or did you mean perhaps 'everyone all think the same way"

I dont speak for everyone else ,but personally Id find that pretty boring ,wouldnt you? smile

Another thing ,I notice in the forums especially if its Spiritual or Political (ugh) many people have great difficulty respecting one anothers views, and Ive witnessed it happening from both sides of the fence. Not sure why ,but  one thing we can all agree on then ,is this man( real or imagined) Jesus Christ ,always commands an audience.

Just a bite of reality to nibble on smile

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image60

I agree!

11. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Is smugness next to godliness?

Toby Hansen

A spiritualist believes in heaven and hell, they would suffer conflicts with other religions. If you were spiritual sided rather than religious, there would be less boundaries.

Spiritual being the 99% unknown’s World and Universe

12. profile image0
          Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

I guess it works both ways. People do not appreciate being told by any religion that because they do not believe in what they do that they are going to hell, are heathens, etc., etc., etc.

The Bible says something somewhere about turning the other cheek. Maybe more people on both sides should try that in the forums?

Before you start on me, I am a Spiritualist and not only have strong faith in my belief, I also respect those of other denominations.

What do the spirits look like?

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Don't you know???....Like an inflated balloon!...Haha

Just kidding...carry on

You have one too?  LOL!

1. profile image0
                  Toby Hansenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good question Randy! When I get to the other side, I'll come to you in a dream and let you know!
                  lol lol lol

Cool!  Let's make a wager and if you don't show up in my dreams your heirs can settle your wager with me!

I think $50,000 ought to do it!  Deal?

Hey Randy? I may be wrong here, but if memory serves me my Bible gives me permission to confront and "judge" the sins of other believers...not you.
                      I gotta ask man, If Evolution, the Big Bang, and pretty much every theory (including mine) about the origins of the universe and or life, violate the first three laws of thermodynamics, (and every physicist, atheist Christian Hindu or whatever, will tell you they do) How did life begin? If it wasn't Natural, and by definition it can't be when it violates any of these physical Laws, does that make it Super-Natural? And if so, Can we define the boundary's of that term in an agreeable manner?

We do not yet have all the answers as to how life began, but if mankind lasts long enough, we will!  How life got here?  Unless we were "planted" here by superior beings (ETs not deities) it is most likely life arrived by comet or asteroid.

Most, if not all, of our water arrived via comets!  When the universe was young the sky was covered with them!  Can you imagine how wonderful it must have appeared?  Most of them have become part of other heavenly bodies at this point with only the few strays we occasionally encounter.

Jupiter and Saturn suck them up if they get too near our solar system like the one a few years ago.  But some of them may have brought life to the earth and to other worlds also.  I would say most definitely to other worlds.  We are not that special, ya know!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
                        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your bible says both. You are told not to judge, lest you be judged your self and at the same time you are told to judge righteously other believers.

This creates numerous wars and problems because the Omnipotent Being who wrote it was too short sighted to see that this would cause nothing but incessant fights.

The only people who think evolution and the big bang theory violate the first three laws of thermodynamics are religious people who have been told this by other religious people who want to fight about an Invisible Super Being.

But - what you seem to be saying is - the first three laws of thermodynamics are wrong - you can create something from nothing. You just need majick to be able to break them, therefore there is a invisible super being wot dunnit.

I suggest you spend a few years learning and understanding these laws and theories before claiming to know more than the entire scientific community.

Just because you do not understand them, that does not leave your invisible super being wishing everything into being a few thousand years ago as the default "theory." lol

Nope... I most certainly did not say the First three laws of thermodynamics are wrong. All of our ability to define via empirical process is governed by acceptance of these as truth. Properly defined, No theorem can be called a Law unless it can be Empirically proven. For those of you who are honestly trying to gain more understanding, (not those of you who come here simply to pad your hits by creating controversy) there is a really good explanation of the first 3 Laws of thermodynamics, try www.physlink.com. They have a great explanation a non physicist can grasp quickly. There is also a 4th law that preceded these three that is considered Law 0. It's commonly refered to as     1st Law.You can't create something from nothing. Energy can neither be created or destroyed. 2nd law. Once altered, you can't return to the exact energy condition as you started with. Entropy never decreases but always increases. 3rd law...0 is impossible. at absolute zero, matter becomes anti-matter. at even the sub atomic level, a single molecule will strike something in it's circle of containment and create heat and thus attract more molecules etc.
                          "The only people  who think Evolution and the Big Bang Theory violate the First 3 Laws of Thermodynamics are religious people..." The statement, like so many I've read stated here as fact. is false. When a false statement is given with the intention of misleading it is a lie. When it's given out of ignorance, it's just ignorant.

3. profile image0

the laws of thermodynamics are referring to theoretical closed systems.  Earth is not a closed system - energy comes into the system from the Sun, which provides the energy required for building molecules.

13. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Curiousity

We are a curious race of people, tis a good thing too ,or we would never find out all those answers to life's questions smile

14. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

"think they can tell us(Christians) that How and What we believe is wrong? I know that I can admit when I am wrong, and that I don't know somethings. Have they shared in any of the experiences that a majority of US, have had in experiencing God? Are they the one's who are a part of Your relationship with God? What I do see is a lot of hate directed toward people who Love what is good, and desire the best for there fellow man.. To know the True Living God...."

...people should believe what they want...for me i tend to add in there..."as long as folks aren't judged or condemned for their beliefs and hurt others with whatever those beliefs are"....i guess what happens is when some folks talk about the knowing the true living god...well that just sets those folks up for a discussion...what is the true living god?...i guess there's many, many definitions of that....and so the discussion continues....seeking the truth....i don't believe there is a truth that suits everyone...just my own....and i'm happy with that...

1. profile image0

As long as you are really happy with it SomewayOuttaHere, then why let people like me bother you? 

I read the Bible, the Bible says test it.  Unfortunately, many Christians don't pass and you nor anyone else should take that personally. 

It's what you believe, you believe you aren't perfect, that is fine.  You believe you are a sinner, sure, if you say you are then you are.

So don't be hurt by people's objections when you are much harder on yourself then others are over a belief in some god that doesn't make you feel very good about yourself and wants to drag others down with it.

I am a good person.  I believe in doing good things, like good things, wouldn't ever hurt someone but when it comes to God, well sir, you have to keep it to yourself.  Otherwise YOU actually set yourself up to be tested and when you fail the test, don't get mad over something you already know.

Does that make sense?  Not trying to sound offensive.  smile

1. profile image57
              exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no it does not.
              we are all sinners, God hears my prayers, I ask forgiveness, He does. no one is perfect, every one makes mistakes, main thing is try to be the best you can, you do not have to be Christian to do that,
              my God is rewarding me and he will after I leave this world

Be sure to tell us all about it after you leave!  Until then, it's only predictions!

1. profile image57

If I see you there we will discuss it there

2. profile image0

That's right, you don't have to be a Christian to be a good person.   big_smile

1. profile image57

I will say amen to that sandra

15. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Basically, if you keep taking the bait, people will keep baiting you.  If a post is off-topic, why not just ignore it?

Absolutely right! I can't agree with you more.

How is it that Others who come in here into the Christian forums

Was this whole forum designed for Christains only?

1. profile image0

They think the whole "Religion and Philosophy" forum means "christian".  It's the same thing everyday.

and your point is?

if one can't stand the heat, .......

If I am correct, it ain't  an exclusive.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
                  psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This particular thread *is* in "Christianity, the Bible and Jesus, Christian Living".

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
                    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol, still...

Oh so wisely put!

Religion can be exclusive for obedience

The First Law of Philosophy: For every philosopher, there exists an equal and opposite philosopher.

Not blending that well for me.

16. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Whatever, this is still a public forum and you can't stop people from posting where ever they wish.

If Hubpages management wish the forums to be as rigid as you do I am sure they would enforce it.

Alright, freedom

2. lcg4jc profile image70

For all of you saying I do not have the authority to stop people from writing on this forum or for those who say I can't stop people from writing where they wish.
            Who said I was trying to do such a thing!

Again, you are not listening. I am giving you the purpose set by hubpages not me. In providing the purpose of this topic I was also letting the person who posed this question understand that those who are misusing the purpose of the topic are not following hubpages decorum.

However, to tell me not to regulate, not to stop free speech, you have no authority, you can't be so rigid etc. etc. etc.
            Is completely off the path.

Must I write in large words?

Well, I will not since I was just told that writing in capitals is a form of yelling on hub pages.

Well excuse me. I didn't know, now that I know I wont' write with large letters.

See, I follow the rules. It's as easy as that smile

Have a great evening everyone I am over and out!

No more time spent on foolishness and folly, must move on to a more productive issue ... like what am I having for dinner.

TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)

lcg4jc, Thank you for sharing the refreshing free speeches. None of your words were insulting and demeaning. I enjoyed the cool breeze throughout this forum. You have a great character. God bless you! big_smile

17. ceciliabeltran profile image64
          ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

lol

18. lcg4jc profile image70
          lcg4jcposted 13 years ago

Furthermore, do not mistake my words.
          I said I expect you and all men to behave as gentlemen.
          I behave women to behave as ladies.
          This is proper etiquette and behavior in a prosperous civilization.

Your comment for me to make you a sandwich because I am a woman, again reveals that you have no idea what I am referring to when I speak of behaving as a gentlemen.

Gentlemen do not see woman as their inferior but treat them with respect and dignity. Gentlemen understand we are equal yet different and can accept their differences without bigotry or prejudice.

Gentlemen try to understand that one of the differences we have is a woman's spiritual walk is something much more than just mere words and rituals, it is a part of our being, a part of our core. We are deeper when it comes to spiritual matters than men.
          So when addressing a lady on a spiritual matter, a gentlemen would not use sarcasm to get their point across.

Come on, I know you know better. I know there is a descent man down deep inside of you. I know you know that your kidding around is best kept for locker rooms, not for intermingling with ladies. Were not made that way, were deeper, more sensitive, more emotional, nurturing and long for respect and love.

I know you know these things. I know you were brought up with old fashion values and respect for all mankind.

I know you don't understand me and that is okay. I will simply say, I agree to disagree with you.

Blessings to you on your journey in life.

You know Icg4jc, (I presume the initials stand for "I can can go for Jesus Christ" or some such) I read your profile and glanced through some of your hubs.  You are not a bad writer, but if you would like to make some money here, you are going to have to lighten up a little.

I am not angry with you, I promise!  I was responding in kind to your actions on this thread and I presume you didn't like it.  But after I read some of your Diary of a Depressed Woman, I was depressed myself. Depressing readers is not good for making money. 

And I know, these hubs were not intended to make money.  A bleeding of grief, of sorts.  I write some for myself too. 

I'm sorry you have had to go through so much trouble.  But I think it has made you a bit bitter about life.  But perhaps you have never had a sense of humor.  I could not live without it myself.  Peace!

Thank you for your kind words. I have always had a sense of humor, I have always lauged at life when everything went wrong. I guess just too many things have gone wrong and some sense of joy has been lost. I am not bitter just very low. I find solace in the comments that other believers leave on my hubs concerning my experience. I am at a place where I need those encouraging words to help me survive and you're right I have no ability at this point in my life to deal with any more chaos, even if it is just chaos in forums written by mere men.
              I guess I yearn for order because it means peace and tranquility to me. It means all is well.

Well, I'm tired, just tired. In fact, it is time for me to read the Word before I go to sleep and find His presence and peace in the Psalms.

Not proliferating only sharing my heart. This is all I have, to Him I run and to Him I seek reguge, there is no one else I can rely on to help.

Peace my new friend and best wishes to you and yours

1. profile image0

depression in christians seems to be a common occurence.  If I can ponder it more, maybe I will write a hub about it?

Baileybair how are you? I haven't seen you for a while, perhaps because I am trying very hard to stay away from forums. I saw your baby boys last pictures and they surely brought a smile to my face. Thank you for posting them, I hope you will post some of him during the holidays.
                  Anyways, going back to answer the three posts with my name.
                  First, just so you know, Randy and I are fine, we are at peace, all is good.
                  Second, I am not saying non-Christians can't enter this forum, I am saying those who are not interested in Christian topics should not enter simply to cause upheavel and chaos. The answer to the person posting doesn't get answered when so much junk is added to the forum.
                  Third, I know you know depression is not only about Christians. The world suffers from depression at one point or another. Sometimes it is situational depression, other times it is biological, physiological, and caused from a disorder of some sorts. I know you know through your own experience that Christians are not perfect. They are still in the flesh. We are all decaying little by little every day and our bodies and mind begin to fail us as we grow older.
                  Christians are not superbeings, we still live in this tent of flesh. Therefore, we are prone to disorders like everyone else who isn't a Christian. The disorders can be physical, physiological, biological, hormonal and all other medical terms I am not proficient enough to mention.
                  I am menopausal, one day hot, the other cold, sometimes the very same day switching from hot to cold and changing clothes at least three times a day. LOL
                  Menopausal woman have a high rate of depression as well.
                  I have been hospitalized and have had surgeries these last past seven years 10 times. Seven were on my kidney, had a cute pee bag for about four months; hysterablation, both feet needed to have surgery, pain got worse developing RSD.
                  I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for the past 15 years. Somedays can barely move. I had to deal with a son who went through a nervous breakdown because of his ex-wife and what she did during the marriage. Then we all know, my latest ordeal.
                  Chronic pain, continual physical problems, emotional upheavel all have an extreme impact on one's life.
                  On account of these things and all the regular stresses in life not to mention my week last year hospitalized for asthma have all had one way or another an affect on my emotional well being.

I know that I could never have made it thus far without my faith in God and my love for Jesus.
                  Please understand personally I thank God that I have Him to turn to in my prayers and in my thoughts and in my life. I really really can't live without Him.
                  I can't speak for others, this is the core of my being. 
                  I understand and respect your choice about this matter and its okay. You and I can agree to disagree, that's what brings in variety in this life. And I for one am very glad that I have come to know you through hubpages and that I get to see pictures of a loving mother with her beautiful son. Taking me back to when my boys were children. No greater joy in life than to be a mother of boys (okay so I am a little prejudice, but what the heck, I guess it's allowed smile.

1. profile image0

sounds like you are having a rough time.  I can sympathese about the fibromyalgia etc- I had a pain disorder for years (I was told it was fibro, but was misdiagnosis - turned out it was food sensitivities that made me ill all those years).

Glad you and Randy are fine too

2. profile image0

I'm curious, Randy if you find my hubs depressing at all?  I've written about painful experiences, like my deconversion from christianity, and depression etc, but hope I am writing in such a way that one can see that I am no longer in the pain, but rather analysing it.

19. lrohner profile image68
          lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I had to laugh at this thread. It's obviously been around for several weeks, but this is the first time I looked at it.

Could someone please explain who "Others" are? Last time I checked, this was a public forum run by HP and anyone can hop into any forum or any thread at any time. If you want to keep things on a "yes" note, why don't you find a Christian forum or ReligiousFanaticsRUs or something like that. If you want to continue to post, we're going to continue to pop in whenever we darn well feel like it.

20. profile image52
          LadyRiceposted 13 years ago

A lot of atheists were once faithful believers but was hurt and blamed God and turned away from the faith (due to a lack of solid teaching/foundation in God). It's sad that many preachers are preaching this prosperity gospel-that God desires you to be wealthy and healthy......and as soon as something goes wrong people are confused and mad....well, your preacher was not really preaching the Gospel..no where does it say that God wants you to be wealthy and healthy. In the Bible, almost everyone went through trails and tribulations.

Furthermore, some people don't want to be held accountable for their actions. They might believe there is a higher being but they do not want to do anything to know this being or they do not want to change any of their ways. Some respect the beliefs of others while some attack! And when they attack, its our duty to show them love and correct them with love and knowledge.

Your duty?  You are not serious, are you?

Yeah Randy...Duty describes it reasonably well, but I'm not so sure it applies to those who are "attacking". But the "Church" and the word (frequently) have different reasons for this. Like the local church that has contests for who duct tapes and drags the most folks in?  Don't remember reading ...Go out and bring em in...I do remember go...make disciples ... Love is for everyone, but correction is reserved for brothers or folks we are directly responsible for.... not for folks who vehemently disagree, or openly refute. Shake the dust from your sandals Lady Rice. Shake the dust from your sandals...

Sounds more like the military.  Soldiers for Jesus, or some such nonsense.  The same reasoning used to provoke the crusaders into murdering Muslims and also Christians who dressed like Muslims.

Yeah, doing their duty.

The only difference between the church today(meaning religion) and the one Jesus called a brood of vipers is 2000 years. Still about trying to be Gods spokespersons... ( Jesus threatened their gravy, because they had folks believing they needed them to sustain their relationship with their Creator) Sorry to say that's the response that so automatically comes to your mind and the minds of a whole lot of folks,  when you read Christian. Saladin would do well today eh? hehehe...nowadays ya don't see too many faiths out there crashing planes into buildings or killing non-combatants...
                  I gotta believe your existence and way of life is in more danger from posers than from those who sincerely seek the Truth. You should be able to tell the folks who read their Bible to find passages that support their rationale, from those who open it to challenge their rationale.
                  And yup Duty. Sometimes we get lucky and help someone stop beating their kids or wife. Sometimes we help hold families together. Sometimes we help the jobless find work, the homeless find shelter, sometimes we fail miserably. Knock and the door shall be opened... not walk by my door and stuff it up your butt sideways...but Dude...if you knock...it's our duty.
                  Your insistence on always showing up in forums like this would encourage some to conclude your knockin'...but maybe it is the ratings your after....folks here are passionate and can't prove tangibly what they insist is real...recipe sounds like one I've seen here before. hmmmm

You keep mentioning "ratings" and I don't know what you are referring to.  And believe it or not, one doesn't have to be Jesus freak in order to help other people. Nor do they feel the need to convince those they are helping that a supreme being wants their soul.

If you had been born in another part of the world, you would perhaps believe in something entirely different than what you do now.  You would feel fine facing Mecca and praying to Allah and casting aspersions on those like you.

Unless of course, you think you would have found the true god while reared by Muslim parents in the middle east.  Not many do, you know.  Just as very few fundamentalists turn to Islam.

Religion is inherited for most.  I suppose you think you just happened to be lucky, right?  LOL!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)