jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I guess these foks aren't true christians either.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago

http://www.alternet.org/story/149022/cr … _and_homes

Some highlights: A father is considered his daughter’s authority until he transfers control to her husband.

If a woman disobeys her “master,” whether father or husband, she’s defying God.

Christians must eschew birth control -- even natural family planning -- in order to implement biblical principles and, in the process, outbreed unbelievers.

The Botkin sisters write in So Much More that loving your parents means agreeing with all their opinions. “When your parents have your heart you will truly ‘delight in their ways,’” write the sisters in one blog post. “You will love what they love, hate what they hate, and desire their approval and company and even ‘think thoughts after them.’”

The sign of our maturity and our adulthood is when we willingly submit ourselves to God-given authority and therefore to God Himself,”

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry that was supposed to read "these folks".

2. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do y'all think that is really what's in the Gospels. We were told that everything would be a big ball O' doodoo. Yet, many seem to blame the one who warned us. If the world was crap 2000yrs ago. (They crucified their own messiah), where does it say that this time and place would be better than that. NEWS FLASH it doesn't. It says everything would be shot to hell, and it is. Much of the fakery is people trying to convince their neighbors and any else who will buy the pseudo crap they want us all to swallow.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I don't think the mistake mattered in context of the rest of the sentence. Your topic, just was of no one's interest, in the past couple hours. hmm

3. home witch profile image91
    home witchposted 5 years ago

Thank you for posting this. I read the link and it terrified me. What if your father was a raving lunatic and child abuser? Does this still quality. I think the whole point is that we as adults take responsibility for ourselves and our own actions. I'm just so frustrated that these women are choosing to opt out of being adults by submitting to this kind of control.