jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (38 posts)

Is Satan and Alter Ego of God?

1. OpinionDuck profile image60
    OpinionDuckposted 6 years ago

Has any one ever seen them together?
    If not, then maybe they are one in the same.

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They last met 1000 years ago, but not on film.

OpinionDuckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hearsay is not the same as being seen together.

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
          Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just it on south park, I don't know if it is true, funny though.

2. nikki1 profile image59
      nikki1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Satan is a defected angel. There was a movie about this where
      Satan challenged God. And, God won. He would not be challenged.
      Thank you for saving our souls and world. And, thank you Jesus
      for dieing for us on the cross.

Invite him in your heart and he will give you inner peace.
      He knows your challenges, however, if you believe in your family
      or someone close to you. He is like them.

You didn't answer the question, did You?

2. Beelzedad profile image60
        Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My understanding is that Satan was nominated for "Best Invisible Entity For Causing Holy Wars" but lost it to god, hands down. smile

3. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Satan is an angel, a being created by God.
        He decided to break away and form his own kingdom, and 1/3 of the angels followed him.
      Rebellion.  Such a senseless thing, in the end.

So how many Angels are there? One Third of ?

1. 0

I dunno.
          The Bible mentions legions (regiments) of them.

So what number do we use to divide by three, Satan.

1. 0

What do you mean?
              Anyway, we may never know exactly how many, and what does it matter really?

I don't worry too much about it, 'cause the other 2/3 of the angels are loyal to God;  and besides, even if they weren't, He's still all-powerful by Himself!  haha

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You mock? God and satan daily, stand face to face with each other. Just because (YOU) can't see it don't make it so.

1. Beelzedad profile image60

Good advice, Dave. smile

Good Advice, really, how is that good advice?
          I don't see Santa Claus, does that mean I am the only one that doesn't see him?

1. Beelzedad profile image60

I was refraining from mentioning the pot and the black kettle. smile

2. OpinionDuck profile image60

Questioning is not mocking, but you avoiding the question is you don't know the answer. The answer could be true.

5. Ruben Rivera profile image80
      Ruben Riveraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It would make a great movie just like the story created of god and satan by men.

6. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, Not one in the same. Satan is a fallen angel but you are certainly making people think. smile

2. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago

I like this story that gives a lot of insight into the nature of Satan in my opinion!

http://naush.wordpress.com/2008/08/28/b … -you-feed/

This link you gave was about wolves.

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
        pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep which was a metaphorical story about that which lies within us. Which points to your original question. Alter ego of God...don't you think?

I am not really sure about that because your reference is to us, and not the biblical God.

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
            pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is the alter ego in reference to?

3. EICcanada.com profile image60
    EICcanada.composted 6 years ago

Satan is a temptation - Revolt Against Authority- in this case The Supreme Most God, The Creator and The Sustainer.

By giving the power of thinking and the authority to decide and act on his/her decision, God created temptation along side providing the human beings with a list of Good and Bad things that we can think of and decide to do.

The supreme God also made it very clear, through revelations through His Appointed Governors on Earth, that "I (THE GOD)although have created you- The Most Perfect Creature amongst all My creations on Earth and anywhere else. If you be good to yourself and your fellow beings and worship Me (meaning- Accept my Power and Authority), you will be rewarded when you return back to me for a permanent life to live, but if you choose to do bad things and live with Satan's Temptations, be prepared to be punished for your bad deeds" !!

Even with all the modern monitoring equipment, we have on this earth, all our bad acts cannot be caught and recorded, for earthly governments and law makers, to convict us on all the crimes. Some get convicted on crimes if caught, but there are lot more criminals who could not be caught by law and died as clean human beings. This does not seem right ???

So God took responsibility of planting His own hidden FBI (Equivalent)agents in us and on us, who do not miss even a neno second of our activity. This zipped Folder/Files of our entire life scan is played and reviewed by The Righteous Judge - The Supreme God, after our death, when God Has already prepared the Judgement for us when we appear before HIM on the Day of Judgement.

So it is not an Egoistic Act God is playing, but it is The Judiciary and efficiency of Management, of His Corporation, once He had us incorporated as the most intelligent creatures of His Creation.

God is The Mightiest of all, Most Forgiving and Loving to His Creation. He has the exclusive power to do any thing He wishes to do, even to Pardon our sins and bad deeds

Syed Haider
    EMAIL: <syedhaider.sr@gmail.com>

You didn't answer the question, did you?

4. pisean282311 profile image57
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

satan and god are partners...god seems to allow satan do all sorts of things and worst of all , god punishes mortal humans for what satan does to them instead of taking satan head on!!!!!!!!!!...may be god can't take satan headon since satan gives god something to do and that is judging...god loves to judge...that is his only recreation activity and without satan judging would be boring...

1. EICcanada.com profile image60
      EICcanada.composted 6 years ago in reply to this

This only shows "How ignorant  and careless you are?"

1. pisean282311 profile image57
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol i am fine being ignorant than being enlightened one...

btw compare  my statement with  yours "The supreme God also made it very clear, through revelations through His Appointed Governors on Earth, that "I (THE GOD)although have created you- The Most Perfect Creature amongst all My creations on Earth and anywhere else. If you be good to yourself and your fellow beings and worship Me (meaning- Accept my Power and Authority), you will be rewarded when you return back to me for a permanent life to live, but if you choose to do bad things and live with Satan's Temptations, be prepared to be punished for your bad deeds"

now consider what i said..both would seem to merge...god had nothing to do unless there is satan...god becomes jobless without it...he cannot judge which seems to be his favorite recreation activity or may be primary...so it is need of god to create satan and in that way both are partners..

5. content profile image78
    contentposted 6 years ago

Well, if you want to look as God as an all supreme force, or entity, then you would have to look at all things being of God.  In that case Satan would be of God as well, and all of this could be a metaphor for:
    We are of God when we are living through love.
    We are of Satan when we are living through fear.

Both being the opposite sides of the same coin, which is being of one thing.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Everything in creation is an aspect of God. EVERYTHING!

That means God is responsible for creating Evil and he is also responsible for giving humans the ability to be evil.

So don't blame this world on free will.

1. 0

Um....I disagree with Druid Dude that everything in creation is an aspect of God.   God isn't creation; He's the Creator.
          According to the Bible, we still have free will.

1. Hotplate profile image59
            Hotplateposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I disagree with Brenda's avatar.  I think green eyes are more God like!

1. 0

haha
              That blue eye is an eye looking at the Cross (or a semblance of the Cross with the other two crosses by it).

Green is purty too.  But I dunno how to change just the eye color.  Can avatars wear colored contacts??  big_smile

2. Jerami profile image78
            Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just curious ?  don't intend to be argumentative but,
            What does omnipresent mean, if it doesn't mean that he is in everything?
               It seems like an almost invisible line of distinction between him being of everything  and  everything being of him?

1. 0

It simply means He can be anywhere He wants to at anytime, simultaneously even, if He so desires.  Just because He can do that, doesn't mean He's a part of everything.   If you make (create) a piece of pottery, does that mean you're a part of that pottery?

1. Jerami profile image78
                Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This issue isn't something to disagree on. 
                And I really don't have an opinion of.

This subject has way too many possibilities to be able to even consider them all.  I would find myself disagreeing with my self.
                   Just asked earlier out of curiosity

working