jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (97 posts)

Have you clearly defined your purpose in this life?

1. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image59
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 6 years ago

We are 93,000,000 miles from the Sun. 5 million closer we'd burn, 5 million farther we'd freeze. We have 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of night. If we rotated faster or slower it would be too hot or cold for too long. We have an atmosphere of 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen. If it was 50/50 a lightning strike would torch the whole place. Our earth's axis of 23 degrees has our poles perfectly balanced for sustainable life as Humans. Our solar system is precisely balanced for life as we know it. How are you part of that balance? Have you figured it out yet? Have you figured YOU out yet? All creation follows the precision of the magnificent balance of infinite oneness. You are a part of that balance and magnificence. Dr. Mike

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
      pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No still figuring it out!

DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sounds like you are at least in the game, not just sitting on the side lines, or even at the event! you will. dr. mike

Cool I like games. If its fun I'll keep playing! And it is!

2. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image59

equilibrium and balance are the key. it is everywhere and the wil of the Grand Organized Designer.

2. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have YOU figured out yet that the reason things are in balance is because without the physical laws of science they would not exist as they are now?   

Have YOU figured out yet that if the earths atmosphere was too high in oxygen a lightining strike WOULD or even DID burn it until it reached the BALANCE  that it is now.

Have YOU figured out yet that banging the hollow drum of creationism is like banging your own head on the wall, it is a stupid thing to do that results only in a hollow banging noise and no sense.

1. 67
        paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't get you.

Do you mean that the Universe was waiting for the scientists to invent scientific laws to follow?

1. 0
          china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No - the Universe follows the basic laws of cause and effect, from this all the other things that happen follow - and science just finds them and names them.

universal laws are both simple, and immutable. it is FUNNY to see all your interpretations of what you thought i said that reflects your own "charges". (one sided view points) bottom line? this was a point of reference question. fact-all of the universe is made from the same thing-"frozen light". light waves all resonating at varying frequencies. should you choose to put this in the box of "science" i think you are missing the big picture perhaps? i could be wrong, maybe i'm thinking beyond huge picture. btw, i do appreciate your answser above compared to the first bit you spouted out. all light, all creation, looks like this at some point:
            http://icanmastermoney.com/quantum.swf
            that single "light wave" will always have an equal positive peak and negative trough instaneously complimentary balanced. there's that word, balance-all of our inviverse has it-it simply is a matter of recognizing what form it is in-the "One", or the Many". more universal law my friend. Dr. Mike

was issuing points of reference. when someone says "creationism" i'm not exactly sure what the heck they are talking about? merely showing to most who do not see themselves in the Grand Organized Designer's creation. how do you "seperate yourself form yourself"? you cannot.

1st law of thermodynamics in physics-energy and matter cannot be created nor destroyed, they can ONLY change form. all there is then is TRANSFORMATION. btw,

all this is in scripture if that is your basis for truth and life too. Dr. Mike

You know dr mike I am thoroughly enjoying your points! They make huge sense to me!

of course i have had help along the way myself, glad to be of service! i too am a person driven by fun. at 3 years old i knew i was a "spiritual being" having a human experience, and thus, dedicated the rest of my life to having as much fun as possible while attached to a human body-at 3 it made sense to me anyway. still commited!

have you hugged your charge today? i'm happy to provide that for you, to allow you to see that parts of yourself you are currently disowning. it's all love brother. God is love, God is light, EVERYTHING is made of light! dr. mike

3. 0
        Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

_________
        And thank the Creator for creating science and physics..and everything.

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
          Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Who created the Creator who created science and physics and stuff?

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And, now it starts.... tongue

I know. It's just so hard not to point out the obvious problem with certain ideas.  I can't help it sometimes.

2. 0

_______
            Creator has no beginning or end.

Even though you think so, nothing about your thoughts are clearly defined.

No further discussion from me on this point.

lol lol lol lol

2. pennyofheaven profile image81

Yep! No further discussion needed for me!

3. Shadesbreath profile image90

That's fine.  I was only pointing out how arbitrary it is to use the argument that one thing can't have "always been" but another thing can. 

Especially since you don't HAVE to have a right answer.  Why close your mind is all?

"I know the answer because I read it in an old book.  I'm not listening to anything else ever, no matter what.  Nothing anyone says mattered before or after they wrote that book 2000 years ago.  Only that one book."  Then stuff the fingers in the ears and go "Nananananananananananana I can't hear you."  Just doesn't seem rational to me.

3. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image59

funny to have people use the term like "who", relative to everything. why people insist on using anthropomorphism for all that is quite curious.

aahh, one who understands the power and wisdom of gratitude-therein lays the secret to unlocking the power of the universe for sure.....nice!

The most powerful tool the human species has is it's mind. hmm

Yes indeed I do agree!

2. Shadesbreath profile image90

Well, that sounds like a raging platitude, but, since you said "for sure" then I must be wrong. Please share this for-sure information with us:

What is the "power and wisdom of gratitude?" 

What is the "power of the universe" precisely?

How does one "unlock" this second power with the first power?

And how do you have all this great "power" stuff so "for sure?"

great questions......for sure! smile when you go back to energy and matter cannot be created nor destroyed, they only change form. how are we not part of everything that ever is, was , or will be? excluding linear time as well. love, what is it? i called it power. it is likely everything, manifest and not. most humans have more than a small view of themselves, microscopic and seperate and alone. nothing could be further from the truth me thinks. when you are able to "dissolve your charges" or equilibrate yourself or perspective, you will see both sides of a person or event and utter the words "thank you, i love you". for you to do this would take work-the result of that breakthrough? life-changing for sure-being teachable is necessary. thanks for the input and trying to push my buttons-won't happen my friend. what i mean is, recently, my "FRIEND" who i'd invested large with for over a decade stole just under ten million from me-170 million total from all the investors. i had to thank him for the lessons and the "other side" of that event-if we get to know each other, i will gladly tell you. i did not "forgive him", i went way past that-he also cost me a home that was paid for as he needed a 1/2 million for a new project and i took a loan on a million dollar paid for house-my kids home they grew up in-again, much more to tell, but you get the idea. dr. mike

Well, that doesn't make any sense beyond the "love conquers all" sort of thing.  Which is fine, and in certain human afairs can work out.  But as a reply to my questions regarding your orginal statement, it does nothing to address the concept of "power of wisdom unlocking the power of the universe."  I might give you that you hit something more like the power of forgiveness gives you some inner tranquility, but that's pretty standard psychology and falls pretty far short of any universe opening, physics defying wonder power.  I am happy you have the answers though. I do, in a way, sort of envy people who have everything, at least the big life-confounding questions, figured out.  It would be nice to be able to just kick back and go, "Yup, got er all handled on the universe side.  Just need to get me a way out of taxes and traffic and I'm all set."

lol-try lost horizens dot com for the tax info. great history lesson and eye opener. what could forgiveness have to do with this? completely past that-example:

http://icanmastermoney.com/forgiveness.html

learning the law of the one and the many, and the first law in thermodynamics was what i was referring to.

traffic is also not too hard. challenge on all radar, when was the last testing done for them, the equipment, you can call in a 3rd party expert to force them to give a deposition to validate the athenticity of radar.  smile

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

my goal of life is to get beyond the things which are seen and heard, cause there is obviously much limitations by them.

Instead there is a life beyond without any limitations what so ever, and bueaty of it is this, unless you find it here you will miss it entirely.

there is only one way, one path, one Life and it i called Truth.

going beyond sight and sound are lofty goals for sure, guess we will know you are there when you are not here. i am not sure this life actually has limitations to it yet. quite a bit of beauty here too, of course, that is in the eyes of the beholder.....

1. qwark profile image60
          qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mike: I've asked several times but have gotten no answer.
          You are a Dr. of what?
          Qwark

Think he said Theology earlier in the thread if that helps?

4. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is the typical and fallacious argument where the water exclaims, "This pothole was designed to fit me perfectly!" lol

?? i thought i was asing a question, didn't know i was arguing?? please explain if you will be so kind? i do appreciate your ending of your mis statement, everything IS perfect right now for what it is as it is. if you know this, great for you! dr. mike

1. Beelzedad profile image60

What's to explain? Your claims are the same made by the water. Quite simple. smile

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is not possible for anyone to completely define their lives. "Do you know how to make God Laugh?" Tell God your plans. Ha ha!

how is it impossible?

6. 0

uh......

7. 0
      Baileybearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

so what's your "purpose"?  Purpose sounds pre-ordained.  I prefer meaning.  We make our own meaning.

simply to be me. i am getting good at it too. smile

8. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes!
      Simply to survive as long as possible and enjoy this "one way trip."
      What else could there be?
      Qwark

interesting term, "survive"? food, sex, and shelter are the survival items-i'm sure you are past that in your life? you may enjoy reading about "fractals" too if you think it is a one-way trip.

9. Ruben Rivera profile image81
      Ruben Riveraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes to live and experience simple as that.

thank you! glad someone has it going on. it is that simple.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Yes. Thank you for asking. lol

congratulations! dr. mike

smile likewise, thank you!

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Yes, the life purpose is to enjoy the life smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

EXACTLY!!!!!  Our single purpose for living is simply for the fun of the adventure!

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL Thank you KCC, I really felt like an invisible being big_smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
          KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Invisible isn't so bad sometimes.  smile

1. Misha profile image75
            Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep, often it means invincible, too - yet certainly not on the forums smile

4. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I see my purpose for being here changing every 5- 10 years,at least! wink

1. 0

that sounds completely normal

makes sense, refining will do this for us all on that quest.

5. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

This planet is the way it is because it couldn't be another way given the circumstances around it.  I am here because of the things that came before that made it so that me not being here was not what happened.

Purpose is either self-actualized, imposed or illusion, and I don't believe we have any way of knowing which if we are being honest. If it is truly imposed (by a God or something) then we have no control over it as we are just tools.  If we do have control over it, then it is self-actualized and requires free will to be real, which it may be, but have no way of verifying it.  We can't know because we have no way to tell if our "will" is really free or just the continuing expansion of the reactions set in motion by the Big Bang (or whatever magical/supernatural event any given religion chooses to insert in the place of it) and only seems like it's real.

agreed for sure! whether bang theorists, religious adam evers, alienists, evolovultionists, we have all started from some origination which means we are all from "some creation". brothers and sisters. which are subject to universal laws. i can think of two that never change and that most other laws stem from.  the first law of thermodynamics that energy and matter cannot be created nor detsroyed, they can only change form, and the law of the one and the many.

what is fun for me in life, is figuring out simply what form things are in! we have been able to change many peoples lives who thought something was "missing". it was simply in forms they did not recognize is all. everything is present and nothing is missing.

6. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

My defined purpose in life is to spread my faith through the medium of HubPages...

and to make at least 26 cents a day in AdSence revenue doing it

1. 0

sounds great!

nice!

7. Aley Martin profile image84
    Aley Martinposted 6 years ago

yes! I am here to be a teacher, light worker and wayshower. And to love.

in the end, we are all made from light, in essence, we are light, percieving light

8. 67
    paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

It is the religion which sets truthfully the purpose in life and a meaning in life; it is beyond Atheism or non-believers to comprehend it even.

example?

9. Tom Cornett profile image55
    Tom Cornettposted 6 years ago

Caring about where I came from is far too much of a hindrance to where I'm going.  smile

understood

10. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

DR. Mike:
    You are a Dr. of what?
    Qwark

nice. my degree is in Theology.

11. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've found my purpose:

And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth." 29

1. Beelzedad profile image60

You're purpose is to destroy the earth? smile

1. ediggity profile image61
        ediggityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, just to multiply, subdue, and have domain over it.

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
          Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Edig, didn't the dinosaurs do that as well?  And look what happened to them.

Yeah, I guess we all got to go sometime, better get a move on.  BTW I like your new pic.

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
              Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, it's my new look just for Christmas.

Sweet, Merry Christmas.smile

2. Beelzedad profile image60

Yes, that's what I said, but put it more succinctly and to the point. smile

No, you wrote destroy. A word that almost means the complete opposite of what I wrote. Speak for yourself, not for me.  Since you're on a writing website here's a link to Websters, it may help you with some of your definition problems:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

12. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I can only see a few things that could be a hint of part of my purpose.  Other than that, though, for me it's more a matter of having outgrown the need to figure out a "main purpose".  My main purpose now is to try to fend off old age for as long as I can.  lol

understood-another way of asking might have been, does the life you living have a definitive purpose to it? it is fun to watch everyone take a simple, harmless, easy question and become so "charged" up about it. i have enjoyed the responses. what i also know to be true? all the flack i get tossed my way is simply parts of people they have not loved about themselves. so all the hating on me is not taken personally whatsoever. besides, i learned a long time ago, what others think of me is none of my business. since i know anything someone doesn't like, is only a miror to themselves.
      all of you are one of a kind magnificent creations of creation. Namaste-, "the divinity in me, salutes and recognizes the divinity in you".

13. 0
    luabuposted 6 years ago

All creation follows the precision of the magnificent balance of infinite oneness. You are a part of that balance and magnificence

hi
    this is psycho babble

true

14. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

In fairness to the subject of the thread (and in spite of my joke above), I don't think it's necessarily psycho-babble.  There is a "oneness" to everything, and it's interesting and sometimes mind-boggling, etc.  Having said that, though, once a person sees how there's that "oneness" and thinks, "Hey - that's neat!" there's also often the other part to someone's life that involves things like, "...well, it's neat; but I have a grocery list to write" or "...but I have bills to pay."  So, there's only so much thinking about "oneness" a lot of people end up doing.  I don't know...  Sometimes there can be more joy and a sense of wholeness in seeing what is unique and separate, for all the oneness, about us and everyone/everything else in the world.

Well said!

2. 0
      luabuposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lisa thanks for engaging with my comment and making a fair effort to explain the quotations context.
      I still think it reads like psycho babble
      not that you are psycho but it is

the world is real
      all things are interconnected
      you and i are parts of a whole
      the same as a fish

visit please

The future is a tree on the bark of which I once crawled

i like

3. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image59

what you are talking about the infinite oneness to grocery lists are simply values. we all have a unique value system that will not ever change. the 7 areas of life are:

family, physical, financial, social, spiritual, mental, vocational. in no

particular order.  our childhood "voids" (what we thought was missing) determines our values. most people do not even know what their "hierarchy of values" is. (from most important to least important) to then know "who they are", relative to the infinte oneness.

Is that Maslow's hierarchy of needs you are referring to? If so, I always thought he had it backward myself?

15. ArefinShams profile image59
    ArefinShamsposted 6 years ago

Ya I know what purpose I have in my life in my heart !
    You said everything about the distance, OK, but do you know how much far away you are from your heart to your brain?
    Mind=Heart stays in the human brain , the distance is 0KM.
    But does everyone follow his mind?

POR. those were simply points of reference relative to magnificent creation, of which i am suggesting YOU are a big part of. very significant. most humans i have met do not have a clue as to their importance.

i get it, you are expressing your unique value system too. we all have one. designed by the way, in a grand fashion that is organized.

no matter what you have done or not done, no matter who you are or who you are not, no matter what you become or do not become, you are worthy of love.

16. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

My purpose is to help others help themselves and to "keep on truckin", "keep on keepin on"!

cool!

17. 67
    paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

It is the religion which sets truthfully the purpose in life and a meaning in life; it is beyond Atheism or non-believers to comprehend it even.

I think the best thing one can do is the purpose of one's life.

Hey Paar,

Talk about yourself and never mind what others can comprehend. Because this above statement is so filled with a lack of knowledge of life.

Anyone can give purpose to their life. Anyone can give meaning to their life as well.

No religious garbage book is required. Just like, there is NO god required.

i for one am grateful to you for being a religious fanatic so i do not have to do that job in life. very grateful for sure. paar, you do it well too!

1. 0
        luabuposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm back at the doctors/need a pick me up for me friend Willie

To be, or not to be--that is the question:
        Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
        The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
        Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
        And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
        No more--and by a sleep to say we end
        The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
        That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
        Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--