jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Gods Existance

1. Matthew Rogerson profile image61
    Matthew Rogersonposted 5 years ago

Does anybody have any further interesting information as to why they believe God does or does not exist?

1. simeonvisser profile image88
      simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haven't all these arguments been discussed before? This just begs for repeating the same things again. What qualifies as interesting enough? For some anything is proof for God's existance while for others there's no such evidence.

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does good exist?
      What is the proof of the existence of that which is good?

Well whatsoever a person think is Good then that is God and all Good is God.

3. Paraglider profile image91
      Paragliderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if you'd consider it interesting or not, but I've just produced a hub explaining that the concept of God requires the prior development of human community and human language, not vice versa.
      I won't post a link, but it's easily reached from my profile.

4. Beelzedad profile image61
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The very same reasons gods don't exist that were applied yesterday still apply today. The reasons gods exist that were used yesterday continue to be explained away and refuted today. smile

5. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Define this "god" thing for me. Pls don't reply offering opinion or conjecture.

2. Matthew Rogerson profile image61
    Matthew Rogersonposted 5 years ago

Well I guess your right about this argument being discussed before but thats why I used the word 'interesting' in hope that somebody may have a brand new and potentially unique perspective on why God may or may not exist. I suppose I was hoping there may be someone out their with a revolutionary idea on the topic

1. simeonvisser profile image88
      simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I know - it would be nice if a new argument was invented but the discussion has been going on for thousands of years and we still haven't settled it. For either side the answer seems obvious but you always come across people who strongly think you're wrong and then the discussion drags on endlessly.

3. arb profile image79
    arbposted 5 years ago

Interesting question - perhaps the answer lies in the question itself. If the possibility doesn't exist, why ask the question. Asking the question is, in and of itself evidence that the possibility exist. If the possibility exist we have reason for discourse. If the possibility does not exist there is no reason for so much discourse. Certainly not proof of existence or non existence, but, proof that the existence of the question proves, we have not yet, proved that He doesn't exist. If proof lies in personal knowledge (met God) then the opposite must hold true (those who have not met Him) prove that He does not exist. Obviously, He exist for those who have met Him and does not exist for those who have not met Him. It appears that the proof lies within each of us and whatever proof we hold will manifest itself only in the end. But, does someone cease to exist merely because someone hasn't met them? If someone has then - well you answer the question.