jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

The dynamic of Forgetfulness in the Human Species

1. 0
    luabuposted 5 years ago

Welcome,give this your best shot Please!

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The two main things leads to happiness is

1. Health

2. What I can forget

I don't understand why so many people want to live in Med evil Times rather than living in the now, first.

1. 0
        luabuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Castlepaloma
        On a personal level of well being your attitude makes sense.
        Young people today seem to be avoiding the inquisitive stage of aquiring knowledge as they predict the necessity of having to forget it later.
        Knowledge seems surplus to requirements for them.
        It seems like a silent electorate to me and may perhaps create an arena in which undesirable activities will thrive in the future.
        I wish I could remember all the good things that I have learned.
        I know it's in my hard drive somewhere but the question is Where?
        Forgetting is /inevitable/intentional/necessary/?
        Your guess is as good as mine.

2. bewilderize profile image71
    bewilderizeposted 5 years ago

It's ability of the human to forget that continues the birth of children smile

1. 0
      luabuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

hi bewilderize
      you have me bewildered?
      why not have a go at explaining your theory to us.

3. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago

Forgetfulness can sometimes be useful, sometimes not. I sometimes forget the time when I am flowing in the moment. It is useful when you are writing in this zone. When you have a meeting however it is not so useful.  If I eat an apple that is bad, it is useful to forget that experience because not all apples are bad.

Perhaps forgetting occurs when we do not form paradigms or perceptions about this or that. Perhaps we do not place any importance on this or that and would rather file it way back in the cellars of our minds? Meaning if I do not place any importance on the quality of the apple I am experiencing now, I do not form the belief that all apples are bad so it is better to disregard and file away in the one time experience file. My next experience with an apple will then not be a preconceived experience.

4. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Forgetfulness is based on one's own internal priority for remembering. If you truly want to remember, then you will. If you find something meaningless or non-useful, then you'll likely to forget it.

5. 0
    luabuposted 5 years ago

Thanks to all from Luabu.Keep going.I have a hub for this if you want to tease out this subject in more detail.
    All Welcome.

6. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

The true act of forgiving another for their wrong that was done unto you  is like spitting out the poinon which was inflicted upon you.

To not forgive them is to be consumed by their poison.

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
      pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago in reply to this