jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Logic and scripture?

1. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

Do  believers use their logic when reading the bible?

Rev. 1:1    …(these) things must  shortly come to pass

Rev. 1:3        and   … THE TIME IS AT HAND

Rev. 5:4   John wept cause no one in heaven or on earth was worthy to take the book.

Rev. 5:6   Jesus suddenly appears in heaven. And immediately takes the book and begins opening it.

Rev. 8:1   after the seventh seal is opened there is a separation of time between the seals  having ALL  been opened and the trumpets haven’t even been handed out yet  ??????   

How do we reconcile the multitude being seen in heaven    long before the trumpets even begin sounding????

This is possibly the most serious question that it seems,   no one wants to think about.

There is a logical answer.

1. pennyofheaven profile image82
      pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is? Would you like to share your logic?

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does it really matter? lol

Haha I am a curious person!

1. Cagsil profile image83
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why? Paul was wrong in his own interpretation of Jesus' work. He didn't translate any older scripture, he interpreted them. Hence, so many contradictions in the NT to the OT.

Not to mention, the OT should have been thrown out the window, once Jesus came on to the scene. Jesus' teachings were only religious in the manner that we each should religiously heed our thoughts and actions.

Jesus' message of Love, Compassion and Mercy is all about caring for those who don't understand how to do it. Accept them for they are a flawed being, so you can tolerate their lack knowledge.

There is no god. God is a metaphor in Jesus' metaphoric parables. He had the insight to see what was wrong and was killed because of it. What is it? Religion and it's teachings.

Why am I curious, are you asking? Why not?  One can learn form contradictions no matter what the source is. A bad student is sometimes a good resource for a teacher. and vice versa.

If Jesus God is metaphorical and he teaches unconditional love. It will work for me.

2. Jerami profile image78
        Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From the Christian prospective.
           The concept that the second coming is to be at some time in our future is something that believers just will not relinquish.
           For some reason they feel that they are missing out on something if they are not part of the first resurrection.
           When in fact they are not.   Immediately after the first resurrection took place, from that time forward when a person dies in the Lord; they go to heaven.

BUT, Irregardless of everything that Jesus said, religion teaches that the second coming hasn't happened yet   
             Regardless of what Daniel was told by Gabriel, religion teaches that the children of Daniels people (12:1) hasn't happened yet.   
              Regardless of how clearly stated those verses recorded by John are, people would rather interpret scripture as if they can not possibly mean what they say. 

This misinterpretation of what Jesus said is at the center of most every misconception of the NT scriptures..."Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled."  And, Jesus said  "there are some standing here that shall not taste of death till they see the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven, sitting at the right hand of Power."
        IF   these things happened exactly as Jesus so clearly stated that they would ???   And I believe that they did.
            This would mean that religion has not been teaching Jesuss’  messages as they were intended. 
        And no one wants to admit that.

Ah makes sense to me your logic! So it is still history in a book not prophecies as it is commonly taught.

2. 0
          Twenty One Daysposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Johns expression clearly shows events leading up the the ascension.
          Those events explain, in quite large and colorful detail, that the first resurrection --multitude-- had happened and was witnessed throughout Judea ad Jerusalem. Aka people saw formerly dead folk alive a breathing.

I think, those holding on to the concept of a 2nd coming do so because of mention of new bodies and new heaven/earth. But if you read the entire synopsis, from start to end, you find all the events within, lead up to that point of ascension and the coming of the new era --in men-- where that righteousness dwells.

Y`shua clearly stated --if you truly believe-- you will not perish (die in body) and have eternal life (in body, complete with full spirit power, as Adam had). That would mean "Christians would have to get off there lazy, sappy little tooshie's and do some work versus leaning on someone else' staff/testimony and calling it their own. This is also where I think S/Paul missed the point when he mentioned the "twinkling of an eye". It was not a global singular event, but an individual event for each who has the faith to believe.

2. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but it is a system of reasoning spawned from both a belief system and indoctrination and not from thinking.  smile