jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

Lets partake in some religious discussion Shall we?

1. Bredavies profile image72
    Bredaviesposted 6 years ago

Fate: What is everyones view on this topic. I got into a heated debate with who of my friends about it. I beileve in karma an fate. What you do in this world comes back to you and is meant to come back to you. He beileves that there is no such thing. That if there was there wouldn't be children in third world countries dying. I agreed with that strongly. But beileve that some people get karma so they can become better human beings and help people like those children

What are your thoughts?
    Do you agree with me?
    Him?
    Or do you have your own ideas. I am very intrigued by this topic. smile

1. princess g profile image60
      princess gposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How about we talk about anything BUT religion? Please.

Bredaviesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

haahaaha! I just think its interesting when people have so many different views. I am ok with any view. beilevers or not. smile

I am a believer, just hate talking about religion. It should be a personal thing in my opinion. It starts too many arguments it seems.

I am also and that is true. I just wanted to know stances on karma and faint. I was thinking about writing a hub on the topic and wanted to take some notes. I know not all beilevers beileve in those two areas.

2. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's under "religions and Philosophy". hmm How can you ask someone to not discuss religion when they purposely came to a religious forum to discuss it? Your action makes no sense.

@Bredavies, fate is nothing more than a thought. Those who do good for others are rewarded always in some manner. Those who do bad things to others, reap the rewards(consequence) of their actions.

You can call it whatever you like and believe however you want.

Just my thoughts on it. smile

Because I'm a big whiney baby:)

2. Bredavies profile image72

But what about those who do good and get bad done to them?

1. Cagsil profile image59
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Bredavies,

What about those who do good, but bad comes to them? I would then say that the perceived good might have been not so good. Good always has rewards and Bad always has consequences.

You do something good, and it's truly good, then only good will come from it, even when pushed.

You do something good, you think is good(because you have faith in yourself to distinguish between good and bad), yet only reap the consequences and no rewards, then it would be wise to realize that one's understanding of 'good' and 'bad', might be wrong or off kilter, leaving someone out of balance. wink

2. getitrite profile image80
            getitriteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't suppose you would consider the concept of chance.

2. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fate is...I am where I am because of the choices I made both consciously and subconsciously.

Our choices are perhaps like ripples in a pond. For every thought or action (good or bad) we make ripples. These ripples affect everything within our pond (universe if you like). Now if there are other humans etc in our pond (universe), those ripples are more than likely going to hit some of them on the way out and ripple all the way back to us perhaps hitting others on the way back too!

What happens then? The initial ripple while hitting every one else there and back gains more momentum before it came back to hit us.

This is perhaps what it means by,it will come back 10 fold (or whatever).

Cause and Effect, Reaping what we sow, Karma whatever. The thing is we don't know who we are affecting and/or how many so we do not realize the effect of our ripple till it hits us in the face with more force than was originally sent out.  (Good or bad)

How long those ripples take to get back to us is any ones guess. Could be a minute or an aeon depending on how intense it was at the time.

Imagine the infinite amount of ripples we are sending out in a day with our thought processes alone not to mention our actions. Both great and small ripples.

If we had a mind archive that could keep record we would probably be surprised. Mindfulness is useful but who can stay mindful every second of the day and remember?

So when our many ripples come back we often don't know they are as a result of the ripples we sent out.

3. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Reality presents mankind with numerous problems and challenges to overcome. Children who die of starvation is clearly a massive problem with overwhelming challenges, none of which can be solved with the wave of magic hand.

So, there is no reason to toss in the myths and superstitions of religions and nonsensical concepts of karma to further the challenges and problems of our reality. smile

2. OpinionDuck profile image59
    OpinionDuckposted 6 years ago

What faith do you have in fate?

3. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

Fate supposes that there is some kind of pre-destination - which in my opinion is total bull##it.

We make our futures by our actions in the present, there are no fate-way lines on the ground - we act as a mass randomly within the stream of life and we are subject to chance that we can affect by our actions.

Thats where I have trouble because I do make my own luck. But what about when I do something and it comes back to me ikn the same way?

1. getitrite profile image80
        getitriteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Again, I wonder if you would consider the real concept called chance?

4. OpinionDuck profile image59
    OpinionDuckposted 6 years ago

No good deed goes unpunished

5. iantoPF profile image86
    iantoPFposted 6 years ago

My view is more on the lines of Cause and Effect. Everything done has consequences. I find myself convinced of the arguments for reincarnation so it would seem to follow that actions in past lives would have their effect in this one. By that notion, there can be no "Day of Judgement" because each life gives us an opportunity to remove the effects of a previous cause.
    From my own, Pagan, perspective every action has its reaction even "Good" actions. So every life we live draws us back. Only when we can live without footprints can we move on to the realm of Gwynfydd.
    But that's just one perspective on it and perhaps it will give Bredavies something more to work with.

working