jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Life ?

1. Jerami profile image79
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

I think that it would be safe to say that civilization has existed on the earth numerous times.
      Buildings have been found hundreds of feet under the sea.
      Human bones have been found that are 10s of thousands of years old and older.
      And science seems to agree that the beginning of civilization as we know it did begin less than 10,000 years ago.

Genesis does NOT say that Adam and Eve were Gods  first  human creations upon the earth.

Genesis also Does NOT say that Abraham was the first and only human that he reveled any aspect of himself to, after the flood.

There is as much or more truth revealed in what wasn't written, as there is in what is written.

I science and religion both accepted this lst scentence ? 

What do you think?

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think I'm so tired of this particular debate. It really is a hopeless debate. Nobody is going to win it. What I don't get is why people are so fascinated by this topic. smile

I have a question for you. I agree with you that people like to talk about this kind of thing. It always keeps them talking. But why do you think it fascinates them so much?

1. Jerami profile image79
        Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is a really good question and is due more thought than I am giving it in this quick responce.  But here goes.

I think that it all has to do with selfrightiousness.

Selfrightiousness is is not a religious condition. It is not a respector of persons.   Everyone is sucsceptible to it.

Until we can get past that...  there will always be conflict.
        and debate.
           Just my opinion.

1. michael's son profile image60
          michael's sonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree completely on this, which is why we shouldn't debate something to prove if anyone's  right or wrong. We should debate to better our understanding of others opinions.