Was Jesus’ God-the-Father husband of Mary

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (127 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jesus prayed to the Creator-God whom he used to call God-the-Father; was this God-the-Father husband of Mary, his mother.

I don’t think so; he just showed his love to the Creator-God in this way.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No Joseph was the Husband of Mary. God was believed to be the Father of Jesus because Mary was apparently still a virgin.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean that God the Father was not literally or physically husband of Mary; so Jesus only metaphrically said God the Father; meaning the Loving Creator-God. Am I right?

Yes

2. libby101a profile image59
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paar: No offense but why are you hung up on God being the husband of Mary? Even the Qu'ran says Mary was a virgin! Therefore never had sex with anyone!

I think you should worry more about Muhammad and "Allah"!

Peace

1. profile image51

Quran does say that Jesus was son of Mary.
        But the Christians say Jesus was the Only Begotten Son of God; that expression means the Christian-God-the-Father was husband of Mary; this needs to be corrected .

The Creator-God Allah YHWH does not have a wife or a son or a daughter; he does not need one:

[112:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
        [112:2] Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
        [112:3] ‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
        [112:4] ‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
        [112:5] ‘And there is none like unto Him.’
        http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … php?ch=112

So Jesus was not son of God; he was only son of man/woman called Mary.

Quran corrects the Bible.

1. libby101a profile image59

Paar-- Actually the the Qu'ran does state Mary as the virgin mother of Jesus! the Bible says that Jesus is the son of God!

I think you need to think... does God need a son? no... but who are you to say what God has or had?

God was not the husband of Mary...nobody but you have claimed that!

God didn't have to have sex with Mary... he is the almighty God--Mary was still a virgin when pregnant with Christ! You are way off!

Quoting from the Qur'an doesn't prove anything! That was all a human's words--Muhammad!

Prove Jesus was not the son of God without using the Qu'ran! Jesus said he was the son of God! And God said Jesus was his son... and that he sent his son into the world so that the world may be saved...that whosoever doesn't believe in him is condemned! John 3:16!

Can you explain one thing to me Paar: Why is it that there are five different versions of Muhammad's vision? All tell a different story.  (1) In Suras 53:2-18 & 81:19-24, Allah personally appeared. (2) In Suras 16:102 & 26:192-194 he was called by "the Holy Spirit". (3) In Sura 15:8 the angels announced his prophetic ministry; and , (4) The angel Gabriel told him of his ministry and hands him the Quran. Who were Muhammad's first supposed converts? Genies! Muhammad supposedly preached to & converted genies in Suras 46:29-35; 72:1-28. How convenient that there was no one around to confirm his calling to be a prophet. Obviously there are some major flaws in how Muhammad was called to his so-called prophet-hood. Genies?

1. libby101a profile image59

The Qu'ran corrects the Bible? LOL. On whos authority? Muhammads? LOL!!! That is nonsense! This book was written by a man who claimed to have visions, but what most people don't tell is he also said he saw genies! And he foamed at the mouth! Sounds like a madman to me!

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
          Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Bible is nothing but a hodgpodge of fairly stories aimed at providing hope to for people under Roman occupation.  To take any of it literally is obserd. There's no historical proof that Moses, Jesus, or most of the other characters mentioned in the Bible ever existed.

3. profile image52
          ddlg1958posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to differ, but the Bible is not in need of correction. The spirit of the Lord moved over Mary and she became with child. I'm sure there are those that will have a field day with that one, but whatever. Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, Jesus was the visible image of the invisible God, so it is probably more confusing to you still. Peace be upon you.

3. Dian'swords4u profile image61
      Dian'swords4uposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is God the Father, God the Son in Jesus Christ and God the Spirit in the Holy Spirit.  Mary;s husband sas Joseph the carpenter. God is three in one called the Trinity.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the 'others' version ... abstain from such calumny.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Actually, it might be best if you stuck to your own religion and beliefs.

When you start discussing Jesus without the research of Christianity, the time when he lived and those who ruled at the time, then you are completely distorting Jesus' work, for your own gain.

Just a thought.

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how do you know about somebody who never lived?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear Christians ... I celebrate Chirst's birthday with you and
      I wish you a Happy Christmas... I am a Muslim.

I request you to spare a moment, and listen to a Muslim.

The correct Islamic Belief, about, Jesus, the son of blessed Mary, Peace be Upon them, is ... That Jesus, the Christ, Is Born of The Word of God ... he is a Sign, of Allah's absolute Power over Creation.

That any joker, "posing' as a Muslim, and asking silly questions, about  the Truth of Christ,  is not a Muslim.

I am a Muslim, and I sincerely apologise, for any such comments or questions, that may ever be posted on the Internet, by ones hiding behind icons, or under pseudonym/s, which has hurt, or may hurt the Religious sentiments of anyone, including Christians; the Followers of Christ. Peace be on him.

I believe in Jesus Christ, as much as I Believe in Muhammad ... Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon them.

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why do you say peace and blessing be upon them? 1. jesus went back to heaven so peace and blessings are a given. 2 mary is dead and in the grave and sleeping peacefully. Jesus and allah are opposites so you have a dual god worship going on which is frowned upon by the God of the bible.

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
        Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the Muslim faith, is Jesus simply regarded as a profit? Christians believed that he was the son of God and son of a virgin, got himself exectuted, resurrected, and went to heaven. Common sense says that's the most ridiculous story ever told. If Jesus actually existed, chances are that he was a faith healer (who had his hit and misses when treating people), followed the teachings of John the Baptist, got himslef in troublw with the Jewish authorities over the money changer incoident, handed over to the Roman govenor, Pontius Pilate (sent to far reaches of the Roman Empire because he pissed off the Emperor for being too cruel to the occupied Jews in another region) for execution because only the occupying Romans had the authority to execute anyone, and Pilate had him crucified for something. The who story of Jesus' trial and resurection is totally flacky. All the stories of miracles and so forth were written 30 years after Jesus' death by biographers who never met him.

1. profile image0
  3. pennyofheaven profile image79
    pennyofheavenposted 13 years ago

Jesus may have referred to God as Father not because of his birth. But because of the realization that God was the beginning of creation. Therefore the Father of all things.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus only discussed "GOD" because he had to speak in the primitive language available. His parables contained metaphors, so he would hide his work from those who practiced religion at the time.

Yes I agree, it looks that way.

1. profile image0

Cagsil wrote:
          Jesus only discussed "GOD" because he had to speak in the primitive language available. His parables contained metaphors, so he would hide his work from those who practiced religion at the time.

the blind leading the blind lol

Yes, it is more than obvious that you are blinder than that of a bat. But, I don't hold it against you, just like pointing it out.

Next time, it might be helpful if you didn't follow along the "church" you've obviously believe. But, do try to have a nice holiday. lol

1. profile image0

you're a riot also. If you examine my hubs you will find that i, like yourself, deter from some common teachings of the church. More precisely the 'catholic church doctrines' of hell, satan and a few others. But unlike yourself, i have not totally rewritten the bible. The majority of my beliefs are scripturally sound as i worship GOD continually and am sensitive to his spirit working in my life, therefore, i can concur with much of the bibles truthfulness and try to align myself to its teachings. Unlike yourself who has to rewrite everything until it makes no sense to christianity. I know you pride yourself on your rendition of the bible but that in itself is sin and i dare say, God is far from you.
              try to have a nice day with that.

1. mom101 profile image59
                mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What, may I ask is your stance on hell?

1. profile image0

i have a hub on that

2. pennyofheaven profile image79

How so in your opinion?

Deleted

Haha oh ok

2. profile image0

if you can agree with that.. then my statement holds true. Jesus did not "only discuss god" jesus was God. This is a very important fact in christianity. The catholics like to divide him up into 3, which is really just what all of paganism was doing, serving many gods, but catholicism likes to say these three are one. And indeed they are, but they are not a separate one; they are one. I am a father, brother, teacher for example but there is not three of me being one, just one of me functioning in three parts and perhaps more parts. I do not separate my teacher aspect from my father aspect or my brother aspect... but i digress. I find it hard to imagine that jesus is sitting in a comfy chair on the right hand of God because where is gods right hand? Jesus' work is finished, he has done all he (god) set out to do; i rather think that jesus reemerged with the father and they much like the holy spirit which emanates from God, are combined into one again until such a time when God will come back in earthly form, which is jesus.

I agree Jesus was God. I just don't think you and I understand it the same way. Neither are "we" (you, I or anyone else) separate from God. What Jesus was trying to point to was that which is in us. How he chose to describe it was the point Cagsil was trying to make. At least that is how I understood Cagsil to mean.

Jesus spoke in parables for the various reasons, some of which, has already been discussed. Much of what he was teaching went against the grain of established religion of the times. These parables are still subject to the many different interpretations that are available now. Your understanding is different to mine illustrates this.

When Jesus said I am the way the truth, the way and the life and no one gets to the father except through me (or something like that) was a parable that pointed to inside each and every one of us. We cannot have that relationship with God unless we go within other wise it is purely an intellectual relationship.

Many have understood the above verse,t in a literal sense. That in order to know the father one can only do this through acknowledging Jesus. Nothing wrong with that as Jesus is now part of the whole again.

Where he goes, we know according to Jesus. That too says we do know where to go.  It is in learning self mastery we will remember where to go.

2. profile image51

What work did Jesus hide and why? Please elaborate.

Do you know that Jesus wasn't a religious person? If you didn't, then I'm sorry.

Jesus' teachings were about Life, about how one goes about self mastery, so as to enable them(his followers) to provide for themselves, while understanding that others will not know how, and to have love & compassion for self and others.

Jesus didn't teach religion, but made his work appear like religion, so he would not be bothered by those who ruled the lands where he did his work.

Yes agree

1. profile image51

It will be interesting to know about it. I request both the friends here to provide details in this connection, if possible.

A lot of the stories surrounding Jesus suggested that he did not follow the norms of the religious societies of those times. He did not keep to the sabbath. He did not worship in the temples as religious folk did. He did not worship false idols.He did not segregate the perceived sinners from the sinless. He advocated the temple of God is within. Those are just a few things that came to mind

1. profile image51

He was a reformer; and this task was assigned to him by the Creator-God Allah YHWH; he wanted to enforce the spirit of the teachings of Moses which the clergy had distorted.

That is what I understand.

The clergy didn't distort anything, they were using it the way they were taught to. That is what you are failing to see. It's not about returning to the teachings of Moses.

The rulers at the time were "religious" leaders. They ruled the people and were using "religion" mystic god-oracles and the like, to enforce.

2. profile image51

Well I never heard this before.

Where from you get this idea, please?

Of course not. No one researches religion looking for answers to questions, because they are too busy using faith.
              Where did I get the idea from? By doing in-depth research of religions of the world, the ideology of them and the historic avenues which have led to today's day and age.

When you really want to find answers, then you will. It will help to have an open mind.

Jesus despised religion, which was the rulers at the time. He told them and his followers that religion followed a false god or idol. And he warned his followers against doing so.

The only reason for him to speak as he did, was so to confuse the rulers, so he was able to do what he wanted.

The fact that Jesus' work is included in religion to begin with is only to keep his(Jesus) followers unaware of what happened.

The Truth that Jesus was really executed because he threatened the ruler's ability to control the masses, for which, they had enslaved.

Without Jesus' teachings of self mastery, then the preconceived notion of the rulers at that time, would have seriously ensued and most likely destroyed humanity. However, in today's day and age, with consciousness being what it is, it is easy to understand Jesus' message about self mastery, love and compassion. On the other hand- it's the mystic B.S. coming from religion that which holds the world back from the peace it seeks.

As it did way back then I do agree.

1. profile image51

It is alway good to have two opinions. Can you provide more details to establish the view point expressed by our friend cagsil, to which you have agreed.

Paar, rulers and religion, the beginning is part of history. wink

My opinion does not differ that much from Cagsil. I agree with Cagsil in that Jesus was teaching self mastery.  From what I can remember...in the days, the King, (who whatever he was) feared what Jesus was teaching. Not because he understood Jesus teachings. His fear came out of what some of the religious leaders were advising. Religion taught in the days, and still today, that you must fear God. In my opinion Jesus was not teaching that.  The fear of God was advocated by the rulers of the day because it helped to rule the nations. If more people were aware of Jesus teachings they were afraid that they would not be able to rule.

2. profile image51

That would mean that the whole mankind were sons of the Creator-God; those who obey Him.

Yes even those that don't

4. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Cagsil wrote ...
    Where did I get the idea from? By doing in-depth research of religions of the world, the ideology of them and the historic avenues which have led to today's day and age.

When you really want to find answers, then you will. It will help to have an open mind.

Jesus despised religion, which was the rulers at the time. He told them and his followers that religion followed a false god or idol. And he warned his followers against doing so.

The only reason for him to speak as he did, was so to confuse the rulers, so he was able to do what he wanted.

The fact that Jesus' work is included in religion to begin with is only to keep his(Jesus) followers unaware of what happened.
    - = - = - = - = - - - - -

ME .... 
    This much I would have to say that I agree with ...

I must add that Jesus did in fact speak of a creator which he called his heavenly father.  You have always left that part out.
    =======================================================

Cagsil wrote ...
      The Truth that Jesus was really executed because he threatened the ruler's ability to control the masses, for which, they had enslaved.

- - - = - = - =

The reason Jesus was executed is because Jesus came into this world to fulfill all prophesy concerning him.

The MOTIVES of the  Religious leaders of the system at that time was as you say.
    ====================================================

... in today's day and age, with consciousness being what it is, it is easy to understand Jesus' message about self mastery, love and compassion. On the other hand- it's the mystic B.S. coming from religion that which holds the world back from the peace it seeks.
    - - - =  - ==   -=

Ya come Ssooooo close and then ya fall way off track just before ya make a complete statement of truth.

Actually, it is "religion" and it's false ideology that is truly holding back the world. If you cannot see that, then it goes as an example.

1. Jerami profile image57
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YES  ..   that may be one way to put it.

But as Mark K. once said ...  If there is a God, his representatives aren't going such a good job. 
            YEP  I paraphrased it.

lol

So if you have bad representation , does that mean that you do not exist?

If I have bad representation, which the only time that is required is if I happen to break the laws of man, never mind a god, which then I would probably end up not existing, because being put into prison(with the nutcases already there) would most likely end my life.

Otherwise, I represent myself. (Yeah, I know, he who represents himself has a fool for a client) But, what can I do, I do love myself, what I stand for and my message is clear to anyone willing to listen. wink

I as well.

I should have said ..   As we  ALL  do!!

5. Jerami profile image57

Jerami wrote:
      Just another over simplified observation.
      Jesus did teach that there was a path to "God" and if you didn't go that way in your search for him, that you were not going to find him.

Actually, this is not true. As I said earlier in this thread- Jesus used the language of religion to hide his work. Him speaking about "God" is metaphoric. Meaning it stands for something else. Not once does Jesus ever admit to a "god" on the external side of Life. He speaks about being "god" in oneself. Full control of love and compassion. To become one with oneself, allows for freedom and love.

Jerami wrote:
    To bad that the bible doesn't include more about the teachings of Christ.

Christ? Is made up for Christianity. Christ was not his name. Only according to religion.

Jerami wrote:
    In my opinion the bible should have been filled with nothing but quotes of the teacher and not so much about the perceptions of what the disciples perceived that the teacher would have said. Just my thoughts,   should have been more quotes.

The vagueness is on purpose to force one to use faith in the wrong manner.
    ===========================================================

As I said before...   You are soo close yet so far away.

Religiosity has given Jesus and God a bad rap. 
    This doesn't really speak of the truthfulness of which was poorly represented.

6. Jerami profile image57

Everyone on earth are prisoners of our own mind.

Some of us are lonely.

Yes, you would think more of us would venture out! (well in really)

We would do that more .. , But    we don't see any side walks.  LOL

Yep the mind is a faithful clinger.

I'm goina say good night.  broke a bone in my wrist a week ago.  Tis starting to hurt again.  this typing is  SSssooooo  much hard work.

7. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

Mary was an incubator. That is all.

Luke 1:35   And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall OVERSHADOW thee: therefore also that HOLY THING which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

OVERSHADOW... obscure, diminish, hide.  Marys egg was not used. The power of the highest and holy ghost are the key factors here. All God needed was a the fleshly husk into which He (GOD) would pour himself into.
    Jesus was neither half man, half God nor fully God AND fully man.
    Jesus was fully GOD.

Matthew 1:23   Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, GOD with us.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is odd though that a human would be required at all if not for just show and effect. Seems god can create a fetus from nothing yet can't just create a new born baby from nothing. What was the point of Mary having a pregnancy if not for the sheer purpose of creating a facade meant to fool the gullible?

Again, it seems odd that a god with so much power would need a "fleshy husk" other than for creating the effect of a real birth. God could have just as easily created a full grown version of Jesus.

Here we have an interesting contradiction. If Jesus was "fully GOD" how is it that he died on the cross? Does that mean gods can die just like humans die? What was the purpose of this death other than for show? It never really happened if we are forced to consider that gods cannot die. No death means there was no resurrection, thus completing the facade.

smile

1. profile image0

Again your lack of understanding prevents you from being anything other than negative therefore i erase your negative bits for a much more civil post. Now here's my rant. The cross as i am sure you must have encountered talk of this before is the most important aspect of christs ministry. Christ did not die he gave up his spirit. If you read scripture you will note a few cool things about the death of christ on the cross. None of which i will go into now. How can one believe that GOD cannot withdraw himself from the husk, hence death, and then go back into the husk when tucked away in the tomb, rise again and do what he had to do during those three days and then walk about to do what he had to do after his resurrection.

In other words, it doesn't matter what anyone says, you are right and they are wrong and you will change their words to suit your agenda. Yes, I get it now.

Of course you won't, it is a contradiction of biblical proportions that you are unable to explain.

You equate "withdrawing himself from the husk" with death. Once again, your god did not die if all he did was "withdraw himself from the husk" - nothing but an act to play out for mortals to gobble up.

Why use Mary at all if her egg was not used? To hide the power of the highest? What is the purpose of hiding anything when the whole point of Jesus birth according to scripture was to bring about awareness?  Or to save us from our sins in the generally accepted way of understanding.

I suggest the egg was used because that is how we bring life into this world. Otherwise the highest power could have been hidden in a tree.

1. profile image51

Yes.
        There are some females in life/insects who have off-springs without mating with the males. I think Mary's egg was used, that is the reason Quran mentions "Jesus son of Mary".

1. profile image0

Luke 3:23   And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, [no emphasis added the above is cut and paste.]

There is one instance where unbelievers were dissecting the heritage of jesus or rather unbelieving that God, whom they knew from birth was among them and they knew him.
          Mark 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him".

the above scripture is not disciples endorsing jesus the son of mary but unbelievers are mentioning this.
          to which jesus says:
          Mark 6:4 "But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house".

2. profile image0

didn't you read my post? Scripture outweighs your suggestion. God is not limited to how we do things in this life. Parting seas, calming storms, healing, being raised from the dead. And you suggest that God had to use mary's egg because you suggest this is how we bring life into this world.

not impressed.

Yes I read your post. Using your logic why then would God need a fleshy husk? God created man. God therefore is not limited. You are also limiting God by declaring God needed a fleshy husk. To have people present to witness the birth does not make sense. Since God could have just created Jesus from the dust in front of whomever.

Now if the purpose of Jesus birth was to demonstrate how we each come into this world through the normal bat channels and can rise above the limitations of our finite mind. That makes more sense why God did not form Jesus in a miraculous way.  If normal every day people like you or me were witness to a miraculous kind of coming into being, it is less likely that we would believe we are capable of the things Jesus as a super being could achieve. We would never believe we can overcome the limitations of our minds. Since Jesus was a normal human being all things are then possible because he demonstrated this.

8. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

This just got me thinking, why didn't God choose a single woman to impregnate? I mean, Joseph just has to grin and bear it as his wife is chosen to be surrogate for someone else's baby? And then they have to raise the child? Imagine if this happened today. Mary and Joseph would be hounding God for child support payments.

Haha you are too funny

2. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

god did choose a single woman, after she became with child, she married,
      in those days a single woman who became pregnant would be stoned

But, a married woman getting pregnant NOT from her husband was perfectly acceptable?

1. profile image57

no a married woman getting pregnant Not from her husband was not acceptable, she would be stoned

Then, Mary should have been stoned for getting pregnant. smile

1. profile image0

Luke 1:27   To a virgin espoused(engaged) to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Luke 1:34   Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

I dont recall people getting stoned for pregnancy, adultery yes, fornication was frowned upon but i cant recall a scripture of stoning someone for being pregnant.

If mary were single with no man then the evidence that pregnancy would show would make her a transgressor of the law and she would be shamed. The bulk of the problem would be josephs and he wanted to put her away privily( Matthew 1:19) but in the end joseph made allowance in his life for this miracle birth and wedded mary, thus all was okay because joseph was the (supposed) father of jesus.

Isn't that why they left their home town?

9. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Was the Elephant God jealous of the Tiger? smile

10. profile image29
    shanishposted 13 years ago

Concept of God In Islam

Say: He is God, the One and Only!
    God, the Eternal, Absolute;
    He begetteth(give birth to) not nor is He begotten(birthed).
    And there is none like unto Him.

1. profile image57

in Islam, God's name is Allah, the God of all creation

I know his name to be Jesus

It is the same God we worship, we call Him by different names

Can we judge others for worshiping God even if we know Him by a different name?  we are still worshiping the same God,

So when we get to Heaven God will let us know if He cares or not.
      I do not believes He minds

It's interesting that as the persona of Jesus, the message delivered is so much different than from the persona of Allah, being that they are in fact one and the same entity with a split personality. smile

1. profile image57

It is so easy to understand if someone is willing to search for the truth,
          In my life I have adjusted by belief as I gain knowledge of the word

2. Frank Menchise profile image50
        Frank Menchiseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exorter you are right, if we assume that there is only one God, then it does not matter what we call this God, as he/it would be still the only God.
        Jesus was the son of God, one has to keep in mind that even today we do not understand how the spiritual world and the physical world can link together; but God the Father knows how to link them together, so, everything is possible.
        Anyhow, I imagine that we are all part of God of the universe at least spiritually. So, Jesus is the son of God at least spiritually.

11. profile image51

Was Jesus’ God-the-Father husband of Mary?

1. profile image57

no god overshadowed Mary and she became with child,
      the spirit of God came over Mary, when that happens you can be delivered from cancer or anything, but instead of curing Mary of something, she became with child

Jesus was the son of Mary

1. profile image57

"and His name shall be called Emanuel ( meaning God with us)

God was manifest in the flesh

Or God within us?

1. profile image0

god with us, is God

is most accurate.

Ok that works for me too!

2. profile image51

That is correct

1. profile image0

not exactly. A cow will give birth to a cow. A human being will give birth to a human being. But in the instance of God being involved and mary's egg NOT used. Jesus was the child of God; and since no human dna was involved genetically jesus was not the child of mary but of God.

12. profile image51

Quran does say that Jesus was son of Mary.

But the Christians say Jesus was the Only Begotten Son of God; that expression means the Christian-God-the-Father was husband of Mary; this needs to be corrected .

The Creator-God Allah YHWH does not have a wife or a son or a daughter; he does not need one:

[112:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
    [112:2] Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
    [112:3] ‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
    [112:4] ‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
    [112:5] ‘And there is none like unto Him.’
    http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … php?ch=112

So Jesus was not son of God; he was only son of man/woman called Mary.

Quran corrects the Bible.

1. profile image52
      thewordofgodposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is able to change the DNA in the flesh of man so he changed the DNA in the seed of Jesus' parents before their seed conceived Jesus in the womb of his mother. Jesus was born a sinless body so the thoughts of God could control him for his own purpose. We're all created in the thoughts of God and our brain processes these thoughts to make our bodies function according to God's plans. The bodies are only built with atoms that will perish when God stops the flow of thoughts into the brains. So Jesus was like a puppet that God controlled at all times.

Pure conjecture and has no standing. But, nice try. wink

1. profile image52

No sinners can understand the truth. Nice try though.

You wouldn't know truth if it bit you in the behind. lol lol

Try living in reality for once. wink

1. profile image52

I said that sinners can't understand the truth. They have no authority from God to read the scriptures or teach from them. Only God can interpret the prophesies and scriptures because the inspired them.

You're a sinner who can't possibly understand the inspired writings of God because he inspires them by arranging the vocabulary words of a saint before he has him write or speak them. No one can touch those writings once the saint writes them. No one can translate them or use them in their pagan churches throughout the world.

You just challenged the wrong God because he's having me write this comment. Not only are you a sinner, you've very foolish with that sin of pride you have.

What a joke. lol

1. profile image52

You and most sinners think that God is a joke. I'll tell you something, the joke will be on you very soon when the earth starts to shake violently.

1. profile image0
                    jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should be nominated for the comedian of the year!
                    I certainly recommend you.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Give my regards to your god. I have a huge bowl of "Raspberries" for him. smile

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So your god Allah got it wrong the first time?

13. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"No one can touch those writings once the saint writes them."..."No one can translate them or use them "..."You just challenged the wrong God because he's having me write this comment." Is that
    an oxymoron?

1. profile image52

I'm the last saint to exist and the only one since the early fourth century. Whatever I write is directly from God. Sinners could careless about God's laws and commandments and that's why they die without knowing the truth.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who's sockpuppet is this?

1. profile image52

Someone you've never known before and may never get to know in your time here on earth.

14. profile image51

Quran corrects the Bible:

[5:49] And We have revealed unto thee the Book comprising the truth and fulfilling that which was revealed before it in the Book, and as a guardian over it. Judge, therefore, between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their evil inclinations, turning away from the truth which has come to thee. For each of you We prescribed a clear spiritual Law and a manifest way in secular matters. And if Allah had enforced His will, He would have made you all one people, but He wishes to try you by that which He has given you. Vie, then, with one another in good works. To Allah shall you all return; then will He inform you of that wherein you differed.
    [5:50] And We have revealed the Book to thee bidding thee to judge between them by that which Allah has revealed and not to follow their evil inclinations, and to be on thy guard against them, lest they cause thee to fall into affliction on account of part of what Allah has revealed to thee. But if they turn away, then know that Allah intends to smite them for some of their sins. And indeed a large number of men are disobedient.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=48

The correction of Bible was necessary as they have lost the original one and had the incorrect translation; even if a child studies the Bible himself, he would know that it is not in its original form and has nothing to do with Moses or Jesus. Quran did the necessary corrections for benefit of the humanity.

15. lionswhelp profile image67
    lionswhelpposted 13 years ago

Try this web page from a Jewish Messianic and see who is who from a Hebrew point of view? Check out;

www.yourarmstoisrael.org/Articles_new/n … age=whatis

Here Rabbi Joseph says It was the Father who came over Mary as the Holy Spirit was leaning on her in the receiving position. This certaily makes the Father , Jesus' Father and the Holy Spirit His Spiritual Mother. Mary was as a serogate mother for Jesus as a physical human but God the Father and the Holy Spirit are His real parents. See Genesis 1:1-3. The Word for God in these verses comes from the word Elohim, which can mean a family or group of God's. We have here Yahovah the Father, Yeshua the Word and Jesus Christ, both males and then we have Ruach HaKadosh the Holy Spirit. In Genesis 1:2 The Word Ruach is in Hebrew a feminine Noun for the Holy Spirit, who is seen here hovering over her empty nest. Does the Qu'ran say anything about this?

16. lionswhelp profile image67
    lionswhelpposted 13 years ago

That web page should read:

www.yourarmstoisrael.org/Articles_new/i … ge=what_is to get the right page. Sorry I left out that little dash between what_is.

lionswhelp

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)