jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

On the second coming of Christ

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

Being nailed to a cross must have been traumatizing, don't you think? Dying so painfully, while your mother watches, helpless to do anything. Sounds pretty awful to me.

Do the Christians out there really think that Yeshua Ben Yosef (you may know him by the name Jesus) is going to return to earth with Crosses being worshiped at so many alters? Yeshua Ben Yosef would likely have bad flash backs seeing those reminders of his painful death all over the place. It may be that there will be no second coming so long as people are worshiping the trauma of his death. It may be that a second coming would be more likely if people started celebrating his life and teachings and stopped worshiping crosses?

Just a thought smile

2. Joy56 profile image59
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

great thinking.... I mean if your friend died on a motorbike, would you wear a motorbike round your neck for the rest of your life.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They guy taught some great stuff, about being nice to eachother, not turning spirituality into profit with money changing in the temples, stop throwing stones at that lady, you know, nice stuff. Even if he didn't exist the teaching do and they are pretty good. Why focus on the horrid death details and down play the stuff about  being nice and not using religion to create wealth stuff.

I often wonder if the cross itself is not unlike the golden calf, worshiping a thing, or false idol, instead of the spirit and essence of the God concept hmm

3. Joy56 profile image59
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

http://www.gods-word-first.org/jesus-ch … auros.html

this makes interesting reading on this subject