Sacrilage at HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Kdban101 profile image60
    Kdban101posted 13 years ago

I noticed someone has posted a particularly blasphemous hub, here is the link:
    <snipped link>
    Blasphemous is a strong word, I don't use it generally, but what do you all think about this case. This fellow has even monetized his hub with amazon.
    Awaiting your opinions.

1. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read it. Doesnt bother me. Everyone has the right to publish what they want. Also it wasnt inflammatory and if you read it you would see the disclaimer at the bottom that says only for informational purposes. Besides blasphemy is only relevant if you believe in an intelligent entity overseing the world which I do not.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for advertising this. Good job. Voted up! lol

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
        Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Likewise.

Whether you agree with the content or not is irrelevant - It is a well put together, well written Hub, and certainly much better than the countless two-hundred word, crappy, spun Hubs about acai berries. smile

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do any of these acai berry hubs comes in 'diet' type yet, as in diet coke ?

3. Brooke Lorren profile image61
      Brooke Lorrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Freedom of Speech?

I won't up a hub that I find offensive... I generally just avoid it.  I'm sure that people think that some of the things that I write about Christianity are offensive to them too.

4. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kdban101 on HubPages

I love writing and hoping to make a contribution in the intelligent community of hubpages .

Thanks for visiting my page... roll

- I think perhaps You Need To up your level of hope after making such a frivolous attack on a well written and informative hub!
      - And perhaps such an 'intelligent' attitude could be contributed with less intimation that your basis of opinion has some relationship to Freemasonry!

Doesn't it concern you that so far it is Senior Hubbers who have shot you down on your less-than-intelligent post? hmm

Interesting attitude.... Sure to gain the support of like-minded newbies!!
      Open your minds - If you are going to attempt to influence the world! roll

1. Kushal101 profile image59
        Kushal101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Evidently even HubTeam is supporting this ridiculous view and have shot down my hub. Huh, funny to see still serious and talented writers are ready to lay down their lives for this HubPages hmm

1. Shadesbreath profile image79
          Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How are any hubbers "ready to lay down their lives" for this?

1. Kushal101 profile image59
            Kushal101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

not literally of course tongue Only mentioning the fanatic support HubPages Team enjoys among the authors here.

1. SiddSingh profile image59
              SiddSinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, almost "religiously" fanatic!

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So why should this person's hub or how they use it bother me?

6. Shadesbreath profile image79
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would have read it if the link weren't snipped. So, instead I'll just LOL @ the idea of "blasphemy" being taken seriously still in modern times.  I have to LOL because otherwise I will puke.

Usually what follows the use of that word are calls for stoning, torture, mutilation or bombing.

Great mindset.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

And what do you care? hmm

3. xixi12 profile image68
    xixi12posted 13 years ago

You will be surprised how many people are interested in such information. Such is the world we live in. Its called freedom of ...

4. DoubleScorpion profile image77
    DoubleScorpionposted 13 years ago

To each thier own...Not my place to pass judgement...I must say not something that I am into though...

5. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

It's very imformative and the pictures are great. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

6. KHP101 profile image61
    KHP101posted 13 years ago

Yeah, unique no doubt. The guy can claim credit for that.

7. KHP101 profile image61

Anyway, feel honored to see a discussion going about me here:))

8. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Sacrilege and blasphemous against whom? This is not a religious site....

9. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

I don't like the subject.  Slitting childrens throats is horrible and the pictures are sad.  poor women.  But people really do this and the hub itself was put together in a decent informative way.  So I guess good hub about a bad topic.

10. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Not a subject I am fond of but well written, nonetheless.  Sacrilege is in the eye of the beholder.  I had rather decide for myself other than have someone decide for me.

11. KHP101 profile image61

I can see Hubbers are much more open minded than I had guessed. Anyway, I have decided to write at my own name, and not at some obscure KHP pseudonym. So the hub is being temporarily deleted. Will be back very soon. Thanks

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't use us as typical of everyone here.  There are some who do not have the same sense of "artistic license" as we do.  You'll see what I mean when you've been here longer.  LOL!

12. Kushal101 profile image59
    Kushal101posted 13 years ago

If anybody is still interested, you can check Black Mass article by going to my profile.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You said above you had decided to write with your own name and not some obscure new name. Changed your mind?

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

My only problem with the hub in question is the partial nudity. One of my hubs was unpublished by HP because it showed a thong above a pair of jeans, with no nudity involved. Other than that, I think the hub is covered under freedom of speech.

14. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

I have a feeling that at least three protagonists in this discussion are in fact, one person. An attempt to beat the rule regarding "no self promotion in forums".

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Possibly right Sidd smile
      If that is the case... the best that the party can ever expect to be seen as a writer of substance would be: desperately persistent - the most desired attribute for a professional spammer! hmm

15. Kushal101 profile image59
    Kushal101posted 13 years ago

I know two profiles of same person shouldn't take part in same forum, but since I have abandoned the KHP profile, don't consider this a spamming effort ( and anyway I won't try to promote a hub by spamming while it is flagged).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)