ATTACK, ATTACK

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image58
    exorterposted 13 years ago

I have seen here on these pages that most people want to judge others by another.  Seams the opinion of Christians, non believers, Muslims, Catholics, who ever is being talked about, who ever is doing the talking, seems to want to believe they are all the same.  A lot of people want to see Muslims as non peaceful, haters of Christians and anyone that is not Muslim. some believe Christians as seeing themselves as better than non-Christians.  people will not actually look at what is being said, instead most people wants to attack the other with words.  Whether you are speaking about Hindu, Muslim, Christian, non-believer, or anyone, shouldn't we accept the others' belief or opinion about what ever with a little kindness, even if we do not agree.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Strange how it is always (and only ever) people who believe god hates what fags do that want to "accept" other's beliefs with a little kindness. As long as they are free to tell us what god hates, of course. lol lol

God hates hypocrisy. Hates it and will burn those who practice it. I love you and do not judge you, but god will surely punish you for eternity unless you mend your evil ways.

And before you start persecuting me for telling you what god hates - remember I am just the messenger and I tell you this with with love and kindness and acceptance. This is what you do un-wittingly - because you are incapable of discerning what god wants and have free will to make god angry with you.

It is for your own good.
      Because I see you hurting god.
      And I love you.
      And accept what you do.

All I ask is that you look at what I have said and see that I speak for god and tell you what god hates without judgment. wink

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

lol

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@ts

i dont find anything strange in that...as humans we tend to believe that what we believe is something which everyone must and what others believe is something which they must not believe in...reason we have religious scriptures promoting my daddy strongest theme is just because of these human nature...humans at core are same...whether one is atheist or muslim or hindu or christian or jew...behind all superficial layers in end we are all one species...

1. profile image58
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

to many times many want to look at Muslims harshly. If they buy or rent a building any where for their worship, let them, they are not the ones that crashed into the twin towers

3. Pearldiver profile image69
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"shouldn't we accept the others' belief or opinion about what ever with a little kindness?"

Not if They Can't Spell Properly!!
      That shows that there are Flaws in their opinion! big_smile

Don't you mean Seems... rather than Seams? hmm

And as far as 'opinions' given that rely on quoting the unverified text of a book - In my Opinion.. Such Opinions should carry as much weight as it does in a Court of Law... Absolutely None... as it amounts to:
      THE HEARSAY OF PARTIES UNKNOWN!!!

Of Course most Bleaters that I have met in forums like this, tend to overlook that fact for some reason! hmm

1. profile image58

I know of no one that does not have an opinion about something that is not verified.
        everyone has opinions

1. Pearldiver profile image69
          Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If that's the case... then you must get out more and talk to Real People instead of unverified imaginary ones! big_smile

For whatever reason.... You Are Missing (Or Dodging) The Point that I made! hmm

2. profile image58
    exorterposted 13 years ago

I agree with you 100%, God hates all sin, we are all sinners, and it is our responsibility to each other to speak the truth as well as we know it to each other, we should do it with love and understanding, by talking to each other we have a chance of seeing what we so wrong, because it is so easy to see the faults of others but many times so hard to see our own faults. some Christians do seem to believe just because they believe in Christ, that makes them perfect,and that is something none of us is

1. profile image58

Mark, I was replying to you on the 100% agreement

3. Abbasangel profile image65
    Abbasangelposted 13 years ago

I don't understand why Christians talk about what God hates or whatnot as most things in the Bible require "specific" revelation from God and we should not determine the time when they are ready for a specific revelation.. God deals with each of us where we are at and THE ONLY thing to be done FOR SALVATION is Romans 10:9 - but always deviating from that one fact makes Christians a very easy target for attack...

As for the attacking and hating on, that is never going to stop, because each party believes for the most that there way is the right and for whatever motives they have they will continue to do that....

As you do, encourager, because you don't want people to end up where you think they will without JC as Lord and Master.

1. profile image58

Rom.10:9 is just the first step, the word is full of instructions to follow after you do Rom.19:9
      it is a long walk full of joy after you accept Jesus, but that is not all you have to do

Here is the problem - your hypocrisy. You cannot quote the bible and tell everyone what they have to do - and then claim to be "accepting" of other people's beliefs.

By doing this - you make it clear that other people's beliefs are garbage and wrong.

Tell you what. When you have removed the beam of hypocrisy from your eye - you can start removing whatever you see in mine. Deal?

And for the record - I am not a sinner. I do not recognize that concept. Jesus Christ was not a real person and I believe your religion is war mongering hatred spread by homophobes and misogynists.

1. profile image58

I have never said any one has to do anything.
          God gave people free will, that means they do as they please as long as it does not hurt someone else

There is no god. Please accept my beliefs and stop telling me there is. And telling me what I have to do. Thank you. wink

1. profile image58

I believe, you do not have to,
              I know there is one foe me
              you do not have to believe

So - why do you feel the need to tell me what he wants me to do - seeing as it does not exist?

How is this "accepting" of my lack of belief?

1. profile image58

I do not believe I have ever told anyone that God wants them to do something since we do have our own choice as to what we do or do not do

1. profile image58

I am gone for the night

4. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

Love thy neighbor! Unless they're gay, liberal, non-Christian or not the right kind of Christian.

5. Kushal101 profile image58
    Kushal101posted 13 years ago

There are reasons for such "unjustified" beliefs.
    Come to India( or go to Israel) and you will see all the terrorists
    are muslims. Terrorism may not be a problem in the west any more but try preaching these to people who have lost their near and dear
    ones in terrorist attacks.
    Every person believes that his/her religion is the true one, but
    muslims are very assertive about the "only true" nature of their religion. Read what quran speaks about idol worship. Pretty evident
    what Hindus can feel about them.
    I have only spoken about Indians, same sort of problem exists everywhere.

1. profile image58

a true Muslim believes their book which says to love the Christian

1. Kushal101 profile image58
        Kushal101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

But not Hindus, the idol worshipers isn't it hmm
        Hinduism is a very complex religion, and when people call us names by saying idol worshipers, cow worshipers etc we certainly don't like it nor we take it lightly.

2. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There were a few events, nine to be precise (called the Crusades), several hundred years ago where "Christians" invaded the middle east andraped, robbed, pillaged, and murdered by the hundred of thousands of innocent Muslims, Jews, Orthodox Christians, etc. They did far more damage than any modern terrorist group.

That does not justify or anyway dilute the acts of any modern terrorist group, and frankly why should Indians worry about what happened in crusades.

In India, sometimes Christians also get a bad rap because of the outrageous conversion efforts of missionaries. However, Indians don't generalize Christians since they are as a whole modern and progressive, generally.

1. CorporateBoss profile image61
          CorporateBossposted 13 years agoin reply to this

People refuse to see what is right before their eyes.Their eyes are closed to the truth because they feel that they have done so much wrong that they are going to hell anyway so they don't want nobody esle to be saved.People have forgotten that you can repent your sins and start anew.
          Matthew 4:16-17
          16".The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light,and upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death light has dawned.'
          17.From that time Jesus began to preach and to say,"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

I don't believe in bible so its useless lecturing me about it. And as long as other religious groups try to convert Hindus or malign our religion or culture in any way they should be prepared to face some serious resistance.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61
            Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

CorporateBoss, Exactly!

1. profile image0
              Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I Amen that.

3. Shadesbreath profile image78
            Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uh... lol. Let me see if I have this right:

You are suggesting that people DON'T believe in your Christian god because they DO believe in the Christian hell that only the god they DON'T believe in can send them to. You further reason that because they DO believe that the god they DON'T believe in is going to bring people to live with Him in heaven--a place they DO believe in--they are angry because the god they DON'T believe in is not forgiving them for their sins.

So, because they can't escape the wrath of the God they DON'T believe in, they seek to sabotage others from getting to His kingdom, which they DO believe in. Basically, following your logic, because these bitter unbelievers want to get into the heaven they DO believe but can't since the god they DON'T believe isn't going to let them, they respond by actively working to make it so that the god they DON'T believe in will send other people to the hell they DO believe in.  By doing this, they make it so that nobody gets to go to the heaven they DO believe in and enjoy the love of the God they DON'T believe in yet desire to be with anyway.

Yep, makes perfect sense to me. 

How can anyone forget with all you guys telling us all the time, over and over and over.  Especially when you make your case so compelling with awesome reasoning like the stuff I pointed out above.

I know I'm going to be looking for my car keys soon as I finish up here and go find me a church to visit.

lol lol lol lol  voice of reason at last.

6. Kushal101 profile image58
    Kushal101posted 13 years ago

lol lol really can't stop laughing.

7. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Hmm...Must be the word "Repent" that gets 'em so riled up.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It could be that a thread pretending to be about tolerance is really about why atheists are the one group this shouldn't apply to.

1. profile image0

If you're saying athiests are intolerant, then yes I agree many of them are indeed.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, Yes it was the word "Repent"

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Repent? Isn't what inflames others. It's the wrongly formed belief and use of belief that inflames others. Those who lack understanding "how" to form a belief are the ones doing the most damage.

The fact that most people lack this simple understanding is why so much garbage in this world happens.

People seem to think that a belief is to be solidified in stone, and that is simply not true, because as Life moves, so does change.

Those who do not change, or adapt, are left behind and discarded just like waste.

The problem is not enough people truly grasping Life. They rather not even consider the thought, because they have always been told that it's complex and no one can possibly understand it. Since, no one can completely understand life, then they are to be made to answer to a higher authority, either a god of some sort or a government.

If the truth were accepted, then peace could be achieve, however, "truth" has also been corrupted to make you think that what "truth" is real. This has been done on purpose, so control can be maintained.

Truth- Life does not require a god, either to be lived or understood. Therefore, any belief formed about such is a lie to oneself.

1. profile image0

It isn't life that people cannot understand.
          We live, we die, and yes, change is inevitable.
          It's the afterlife that people refuse to try to understand, and all the while claiming to know the truth.   And yes, the word "repent" is once again relevant to the afterlife, ya know, the one you refuse to talk about or acknowledge.
          Easy to talk about life and repeat Obama's phrases, isn't it, like "change the foundation of America", while you overlook Jesus's offer to change your afterlife.  I admit it's not for the faint of heart.  Much easier to live under the delusion that this life is all there is....

Useless to talk with misinformed fanatics like you....

1. profile image0

You say that like it's a bad thing.  lol

(I think that's gonna become my new catch phrase.  Now, don't nobody steal it, 'cause my old phrases have become rather worn out and I need a new one.) wink

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
                Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's odd watching them make all these exertions about something they don't believe in.  At the end of it all, they're not any closer to what it is they want. hmm

I think you hit it Brenda, now you've reduced them to name calling. smile

1. profile image0

You say that like it's a good thing! LOL  wink
                  Sorry, I'm just practicing the catch-phrases!  big_smile

(The ones who name-call simply reduce themselves to that;  always have.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)