jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Will going to church save you?

1. profile image60
    haj3396posted 6 years ago

No!!!!!!!!!, but not going to church can help you be lost.

1. pisean282311 profile image58
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well you are already saved...with or without church...

1. Onusonus profile image85
        Onusonusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Saved, verb- 1) The preconceived notion that one has already received a free ticket to heaven.

2. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Too late for me !

2. profile image61
    factasyposted 6 years ago

And how is that possible?

1. simeonvisser profile image88
      simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The basic idea is that the church helps you to stay on track and to stay with your religion. The outside world might do you harm, you know.

3. profile image61
    exorterposted 6 years ago

the Bible says go to church more often as the evil day approaches, look at the world it is getting more evil as the time passes
    that gives the idea that the time spent in the world, you are exposed to more evil, you need more church to help build the right spirit

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger...or so I've heard. lol

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I think if you go to McDs often enough, it does make you a hamburger.  Or a hamburgler.

2. nell79 profile image85
      nell79posted 6 years ago in reply to this

But I have heard that you are what you eat! I guess at this time of year that would make me a cookie! lol

5. profile image61
    exorterposted 6 years ago

a Christian needs the church to help him or her build on their spirit. if some one can not understand that, their path can not be to straight

1. simeonvisser profile image88
      simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is what the church would like you to believe.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Churches are for learning, fellowship and worship but not necessary to the faith.  There is strength in numbers no matter what the endeavor but according to the Bible, no one gets to the Father but through Him, the Son.  And it must be confessed with the mouth.

6. evvy_09 profile image79
    evvy_09posted 6 years ago

Just showing up at church won't save.  Not even the Pope can decide that you are saved.  A person's soul is between them and God, no one else.

7. nell79 profile image85
    nell79posted 6 years ago

I look at it like this: going to church is like spiritual exercise and can help you be stronger in making good choices and living a moral life. It's not a guarantee and only gives you as much as you take out of it.

working