Life's Lessons : Christ Became a Curse For Us

1. DeaneMc profile image61
    DeaneMcposted 8 years ago

Through the eyes of Scripture we see what others missed but what Jesus saw. He canceled the debt which listed all the rules we failed to follow. He took away the record with it's rules and nailed it to the cross. ( Colossians 2:14 )
       Between his hand and the wood there was a list. A long list. a list of our mistakes: our lusts and lies and greedy moments and prodigal years. A list of our sins. Dangling from the cross is an itemized catalog of your sins. The bad attitudes from last week. The bad decisions from last year. There, in broad daylight for all of heaven to see, is a list of our mistakes. God...penned a list of our faults. The list God has made, however, cannot be read. The words can't be deciphered. The mistakes are covered. The sins are hidden. Those at the top are hidden by his hand; those down the list are covered by his blood...
       This is why he refused to close his fist. He saw the list ! what kept him from resisting? This warrant, this tabulation of your failures. He knew the price of those sins was death. He knew the source of those sins was you, and since he couldn't bear the thought of eternity without you, He Chose The Nail's. The hand squeezing the handle was not a Roman infantryman. the force behind the hammer was not an angry mob. The verdict behind the death was not decided by jealous Jews. Jesus himself chose the nails.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

An Enlightened master like Jesus had fused with the light,God or the Supersoul.In a way he comes from the supersoul and he or any other enlightened one understands he cannot be complete till every single soul comes home to the Light.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

You mean I'm going to have wait forever on you. I don't think so.
    How much patience do you think I have? Is it going to be my duty to mid-wife you into heaven, such that I am beholden to you for my own salvation? I am dependent on your facility. Not seeming to appealing to me. Of course from your point of view,
    you are dependent on me. Maybe I be a stick-in-the-mud.