jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How can we discern truth?

1. 59
    haj3396posted 5 years ago

God said this is the way you discern truth, John 17:17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"How can we discern truth?"

Actually, all we can do is assign a probability to it.

1. 59
      haj3396posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not if you have faith. Faith is the substance of thing hope for... When you step on your brakes you don't assign a probability to it, you believe the car it going to stop.

1. Abbasangel profile image82
        Abbasangelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is a probability to the car not stopping when you put on your brakes, depends on speed, weather conditions, how quickly you want to stop if you have ABS, how regularly your brakes are serviced and lastly of all if anybody dislikes you enough to cut them.

You can't tell non believers that your word sanctifies them and is truth and Heb 11:1 doesn't work either. Why don't you answer their questions in a SCRIPTUAL fashion as those are more than likely the areas they are seeking in. Not how do we discern truth and I would actually say that the Holy Spirit helps us Discern what is true not the words on the page that say the bible is truth --- stick with me here...  --- Because that has nothing about discernment which is what opens your eyes to seeing the truth in the bible. I can't remember where the verse is about that I think its in the Spiritual Gifts 1 Corinthians 12.