jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What Changes Do You Want to Bring in the New Year?

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

A lot of people have resolutions so I thought it would be fun to do something a little different.  To tie that resolution more closely to living as a Christian.  So for me, I want to be more proactive and I'm tying that to one of Jesus's teachings "Ask, and you will be given what you ask for.  Seek, and you will find.  Knock, and the door will be opened."

I figure that if you make the effort to knock on so many doors, someone will open it.

1. manlypoetryman profile image72
      manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's awesome, FK!

I woke with a thought to remind myself this morning...and my attitude...before making resolutions. And that thought for me was that for the approaching New Year, I must also change my current mindset or have a spirit that welcomes whatever new is coming my way in the New Year. Otherwise, without doing that...all I'm really doing is going out and popping fireworks at New Years arrival...and changing the calendar....which I do every year. What significant has changed if I am not geared up for it!

Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Manly!  So good to hear from you again.  With the habit that you are forming of being open to everything that's coming your way, it sounds like you'll be well prepared for and enjoying the changes and challenges coming your way.  Wonderful!  Have a great New Year!

2. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 5 years ago

I promise myself….
    To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
    To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet,
    To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them,
    To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
    To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best,
    To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own,
    To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future,
    To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.
    To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.
    To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
    To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in just words, but in great deeds.
    To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.
    Christian D Larson.

Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like a great code to live by Shaz. Thank you for the inspiration.

3. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 5 years ago

I want to walk humbly on this earth and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with all who do not know him.  This is one reason that I have started writing online.  I want to be what God wants me to be.  My life is His.

1. Beelzedad profile image61
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Did it not occur to you that there are those who may not wish to hear about it, regardless of whether they know your god or not? Wouldn't it be better to not "share" your beliefs with others and let them find out for themselves? If that's what they want?

You see, when you "share" your beliefs with others, you are not showing any respect for them because the sharing becomes more about what you want as opposed to what they want. smile

1. 60
        C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Based on how the Forum was couched. I would think that she's in good company. Would you go into a church and rail against their god? A time and a place for everything. Does your timing meet the standards you require of others?