But the Lord works in mysterious ways!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

Texas Pastor Arrested for Robbing Parishioner's House on Christmas Eve

Texas Pastor Arrested for Robbing Parishioner's House on Christmas EveSandy McGriff, pastor of Church of the Living God in Dallas, got caught apparently trying to pull a reverse Santa Claus hauling away $10,000 in computers and furs on a member of her flock on the day before Christmas.

McGriff was apprehended by police at about 5:30 p.m. at the home of one the members of her church after a neighbor reported a robbery. Officers saw McGriff walking out of the house's back door carrying two fur coats; they found a laptop and several purses in her Jaguar parked outside.

The victim, according to the Dallas Morning News, was ambivalent the whole thing:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2010/12/custom_1293638223146_mcgriff.jpg    On Saturday, the woman whose home was burglarized said she had mixed feelings about the incident because McGriff was her pastor. Agnew had known McGriff and her husband for about 10 years before joining their church.

"She really seemed to be this woman who had a connection with God," she said. "I still really can't believe it."

But the Lord works in mysterious ways! According this kind of amazing video interview with McGriff shot by the Dallas Morning News, the whole thing was a misunderstanding: McGriff was in the neighborhood to pick up a pie someone baked her, got an inexplicable urge to drive by the victim's house, saw two strange men leaving it, and broke in to safeguard her parishioners' valuables lest the robbers return.
    theres a video
    http://gawker.com/5720508/texas-pastor- … istmas-eve

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The most inportant thing is to find the right excuse and on time!
      It reminded me about my childhood's episode that took place in my old country. A vice-president from my mom's school went to the big department store. She stole two stylish night gowns and had been caught. The school did not want all that shame, the explanation was that this lady suffered from kleptomania. How convenient!  It was a small town, everybody knew everybody. No one believed that explanation. Everybody laughed. They never even fired her.

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As a Christian it is not my right, nor is it my duty or obligation to stand in judgement or to point an accusing finger. The Police will accuse and only God can judge and or condemn this person.

It is well known that in every case of wrong doing there is three sides to any situation the right, the wrong, and the truth,God's truth. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish all self-proclaimed "christians" had that attitude.  I mean of course, not judging others if they do not believe like they do.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We were told two thousand years ago that all would be wandering after the beast. Christians are too. We have all become convinced that to be happy, we have to fill other pockets with cash, to purchase garbage, most of which, we don't need. We are confronted by advertising for those same products, that in order to pay for that advertising, we must pay more. Given so many choices of this crap, or that crap, and to have those choices, we must pay more, then to get all the bells and whistles, we must sign away all chance we have of ever convincing ourselves that a man's razor doesn't work well once it begins to resemble a threshing machine, with semi-annual improvements that are merely designed to get you to spend more, more on an education system designed to not educate, a health care system more interested in keeping you coming back, than healing you permanently, a military so specialized that it can't even effectively fight an enemy in rags, and science that cares so little for you or me, that we are veiwed by them as a means of keeping them alive.
          If in judgement you see remarks aimed at you, first ask yourself why you take generalized statements so personally.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I only take things personally if they come from those who know what they are talking about.  I take very few things personally on the religious threads.

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's corruption in every arena.  The "church" is no exception. 

However, innocent until proven guilty.  That's the law, whether you're a Pastor or a layman or a known criminal or whoever.

2. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

If I'm understanding the claim regarding the robbery- are we some how excusing God for the actions of the pastor?

3. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Does god's truth make everything right or wrong,Dave? Isn't it too convenient?

4. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I meant to say:

are we some how accusing God for the actions of the pastor?

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

she claimed to see two men leaving the house and wanted to save the woman's valuables!

why didn't she call the police?
    why didn't she call the woman?

using religion to steal is what she is doing..roll

"a wolf in sheep's clothing"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)