Salvation Is Extremely Selective And Limited

1. 0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 5 years ago

It is the practice of most ministers to assure the members of their congregations on almost a weekly basis that  their salvation is absolutely guaranteed. The senior pastor of the largest Protestant church in my city knocked  this spiritual head game up a full notch several weeks ago when the heart of his sermon instructed the lame of faith  that there was only one (yes boys and girls,just 1) thing they needed to know about Jesus.Well you'll never guess what it is and I'm certainly not going to stay here waiting for you to figure  it out.According to  what should be this disgraced minister,Christians must only understand that Jesus is very busy in heaven building mansions for them! Sure am glad he told me,I never would have thought of that!

If only most ministers were honest enough to explain to their congregations that salvation is a two way street;we must accept God through the Savior Jesus,but God must also accept us.The bottom line is that words are cheap and its all too easy  in this morally sick society to pretend to be a Christian,fooling almost everyone but God.

Matthew 7:22-24 (Contemporary English Version) 22 On the day of judgment many will call me their Lord. They will say, "We preached in your name, and in your name we forced out demons and worked many miracles." 23 But I will tell them, "I will have nothing to do with you! Get out of my sight, you evil people!"

It's not enough for us to make claims of faith in the Prince of Peace or even "preach in your name" if we don't follow His teachings which as the wars our nation is funding prove,few Christians actually do. When God selects us for salvation He will send His Holy Spirit to us through a miracle called the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" which Jesus talked about while He was explaining the requirements for salvation.

John 3:3-7 (Contemporary English Version) 3 Jesus replied, "I tell you for certain that you must be born from above before you can see God's kingdom!" 4 Nicodemus asked, "How can a grown man ever be born a second time?" 5 Jesus answered: I tell you for certain that before you can get into God's kingdom, you must be born not only by water, but by the Holy Spirit. 6 Humans give life to their children. Yet only God's Spirit can change you into a child of God. 7 Don't be surprised when I say that you must be born from above.

2. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago

This is not what I understand Christianity to teach. I believe that in the instant that we accept and believe in Jesus Christ as our saviour and redeemer and we confess our sins and repent of them, we become cleansed of all sin and we are ready to be baptizes. At Baptism the Holy Spirit of God indwells us and lives within us and we are bathed in the spirit of God and receive several or all of the gifts of the spirit, as the spirit discerns is required or needed. We are infact Born again and therefore joint heirs with Jesus and seen as such by almighty God.

3. kess profile image61
    kessposted 5 years ago

No man can teach another how to be saved.

Each one must teach himself the way of salvation.
    Otherwise one makes himself a slave unto another.

Whosoever will not or cannot teach himself, exclude themselves from the kingdom of God.