Happy New Year fellow Catholics!

1. cceerpp profile image60
    cceerppposted 5 years ago

May King Jesus Christ be glorified and Mama Mary be honoured both now and forevermore. Amen.

Let's be ever proud of being Catholics. . .

As St. Pacian wrote:

"And shall the Fathers rather follow our authority, and the antiquity of Saints give way to be emended by us, and times now putrifying through their sins, pluck out the grey hairs of Apostolic age? And yet, my brother, be not troubled; Christian is my name, but Catholic my surname. The former gives me a name, the latter distinguishes me. By the one I am approved; by the other I am but marked." (Epistle to Sympronian 7 [A.D. 375])

1. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am a Christian first and formost, from a Roman Catholic background.
      Nothing of what you have written here makes any sense as either a christian or a catholic it is pure dribble with no point of view.

2. 0
    prayersposted 5 years ago

On the contrary, everything cceerpp wrote is Christian and Catholic.  St. Pacian was the Bishop of Barcelona, Spain.  He is also a Father of the Church.  St. Pacian wrote the Epistle to Sympronian and this quote that cceerpp mentions is the one St.Pacian is most noted for.

Happy New Year and Blessed Christmas to all fellow Catholics as well!  Let us remember to prayer for each other as we continue to follow Christ on our journey home.

Christianus mihi nomen est, catholicos vero cognomen.