jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Do you ever dream about hub topics?

1. Sunnyglitter profile image84
    Sunnyglitterposted 5 years ago

I had a dream about fruits and vegetables the other day, and it helped me think of a bunch of articles that I'll be writing this month.

Does anybody else get ideas when they sleep?  If not, when do your topic ideas usually come to you?  Do you think of them at random times, or use keyword tools to research popular topics?

2. Pandoras Box profile image81
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

I have very long and incomplete lists which in fact I never seem to get around to referring to.

1. Sunnyglitter profile image84
      Sunnyglitterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a lot of lists as well, Pandora.  Lists and half-written articles.  Sometimes I get bored with a topic and can't seem to finish writing about it.  I hate when that happens.  I envy some of my friends; they can write about anything, even topics they find dreadfully boring.  Sometimes I wish I had that type of discipline.

3. manlypoetryman profile image69
    manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago

Always...My stuff comes from all that I ever dreamed of!

4. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 5 years ago

I have dreams and write them down if they're any good. Thoughts will come to me when doing other things, and I make sure to jot them down too.

Some articles I'll write non-stop until I'm just about done, save for some editing. Others, just like Sunnyglitter, I'll write and I just can't get everything I want down. Eventually I just end up abandoning the article. It seemed like a good idea, but it was different actually writing about it.

One thing I want to get into the habit of doing is actually recording my thoughts allowed. Sometimes I do that, and afterwards I usually wish I had recorded it. Then it would make it easier to pull ideas from when writing.  I find that talking about something actually helps me write.

5. Docmo profile image94
    Docmoposted 5 years ago

I dream vividly ( when I do get some sleep) and I can always remember their content when I wake up. I tend to scribble down ideas from my dreams and they have helped form nuggets for stories , poetry and even hubs now.

I used to keep a small notebook but now record the dream /ideas onto my iphone notes app as I always have my  phone charging on the bedside cabinet!

6. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

I also dream pretty vividly but forget most of the stuff.. i have had some lovely poetry come to me and then I just cant get past a few lines .. working on it seems some how contrived and unnatural.. I am too lazy to getup in the night and write it down sad

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Yes! I actually compose hubs in my sleep.

8. tlpoague profile image88
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

I agree with Habee. I have caught myself writing hubs in my sleep. Or waking up with the inspiration to get out of bed and write one. (Which is why I am up now.) I just posted my third day hub for my 30/30 hub challenge. I am still running a hub behind, but hope to make up for it soon.

1. Jean Bakula profile image98
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am not dreaming about hubs yet, but find I usually end up writing them at 3AM, and am getting sleep deprived, lol. I am finding that I should wait until the next day to publish, and proofread them when I'm more awake!

9. Nathan_U profile image85
    Nathan_Uposted 5 years ago

Oh my, honestly my entire dreams are great subjects for hubs smile. Anyway, yes, I do get inspiration for hubs in my dreams, mainly because I dream about many different topics.

10. spookyfox profile image80
    spookyfoxposted 5 years ago

I recently wrote a hub mentioning 5 reasons to take your shoes off before you enter your room or house, and thought the concept, 5 reasons to do something instead of 5 tips, 5 steps, or a how-to guide was good. So last night around 5AM I half-woke up, and had an idea that I thought it was perfect for a hub in that format, but I was too damn tired to write it down. Now I have no idea what it was hmm

11. evvy_09 profile image87
    evvy_09posted 5 years ago

I have dreamed  up a good idea for a hub but more often dream of work.  Whenever my husband tries to wake me up, I'll usually tell him to hold on untill I take this order, or I've gotta count inventory. It can get annoying and very unrestful.