the old man is dead

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image52
    insun kimposted 13 years ago

Jesus was crucified on the cross and resurrected from the death:
    because he overcome the world of crulty in evil, he is no longer dragging by devils advocate; Jesus is not interested in worldly thing because world give us all vanity. everthing will vapor into the thin air.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Vaporising into thin air! Then what happens? We are back to our original state!

If everything vaporised. Where did it come from? Where does it go back to? From where it came from right.

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So then give away all your belongings, and become like Jesus.

1. profile image52
        insun kimposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you give away all your belonging would you be able to survive without?or you are trusting Jesus to take resposibile for your life?

3. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That never happened; Jesus did not die on the Cross to start with so there is no question of his resurrection from the dead.

the old man is dead

Who is that old man that is dead?

1. profile image52

OK. because you did not agree with me that does not mean you are wrong and I am right. It only reveals your opinion and mine.

2. aka-dj profile image64
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please READ the New Testament.

Then, you will see for yourself that the whole message is about Jesus rising from the dead.

I know you don't like Paul very much, but even St.Peter declared Jesus as heaven been risen from the dead.

1. profile image50
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The scribes did not describe the events correctly; and none of them was an eye-witness of the events; so the account of Bible should not be taken on its face value.

1. aka-dj profile image64

What scribes?
            I was talking about Peter.
            If, according to you, the writings are unreliable, why bother quoting them, questioning them, or arguing about them? Why not just dismiss them, or ignore altogether? You have a strange outlook!

1. profile image52

almost all the times, naturally we are reflexing our souls by looking at each others point of view;
              the view of what is bring you out both from the intellectual and from the deep in your soul.

2. profile image0
            SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

John was an eyewitness.

1. profile image52

eye withness of what?

2. profile image52

you mean the apostle paul? or the songwriter paul simon? what about paul?
          but I am not ignoring you am I? aka-dj so who are you really? in aka-dj's body.

1. aka-dj profile image64

Seeing as you are new to Hubpages, I can tell you that paarsurey disproves of the Apostle Paul.
            Hence my mention of it.

As to who I am really, doesn't matter. Does it?

It's like asking you, who you are? Does it matter?

We are individuals making an impact on our world. That's it.

2. profile image52

back to the orginal state? it depends how you look at things in life generally? or quick answer? just to gratifying momentum of curiousity? I guess everything I mentioned above already vaporising into thin air? is this answer make sense to you?.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As to the lead in to this forum: Not on your everlasting life.

3. profile image52

of course, in this physical realm there is no everlasting life but
    in the spiritual realm you and will I live forever!

There is perception of that which is eternal  in our physical life yes. When we die our perception dies not the eternal us.

1. profile image52

a human body simply represents images of God through us perception was born, is born will be born again again and again even after body dies and became dirt; life goes on and on and on.

If I am understanding you correctly. I agree.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)