jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Babaji of the himalayas and his great sacrifice.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
    mohitmisraposted 8 years ago

Babaji the Maha avatar  considered to be over two thousand years old has made a great sacrifice.What sacrifice has he made?

mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It is considered the ultimate sacrifice to make.I bow to him.

2. weblog profile image60
    weblogposted 8 years ago

I'm waiting smile

3. perfumer profile image61
    perfumerposted 8 years ago

Are you gonna say it Mohit?
    I mean the sacrifice.
    what was the sacrifice?
    you got me really curious now:)

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think his great sacrifice is that he has chosen to stay involved with the earth and the people instead of going into Nirvana. because of his great love and "oneness with the universe", staying here provides a certain point of "holding the balance" for the evil stuff that people do on the planet. when there is so much evil, it can destroy a world. When an avatar/greatly advanced being, such as Babaji, stays, his love keeps the world from being destroyed.
      something like that...can you expound upon that Mohit?

4. perfumer profile image61
    perfumerposted 8 years ago

Thank you SparklingJewel for your reply.
    If this is out of his love for us, then it is not sacrifice, it is fun.
    And he said death is a joke for him. That's why he used the word joke.
    He can manifest and unmanifest at will. That means he brings back his Nirvana to this earth.

mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What Sparkling Jewel said is correct he has promised to remain on earth until all humans have attained enlightenment-moksha.He will not go to the light -Nirvana till this happens.Death is a joke for all realised souls. It is both love,work and the fact that he represents the supersoul and without every soul he-supersoul cannot be complete.He is the one who has passed on the lost art of Kriya Yoga to the world ,Paramhansa Yogananda is in his leneage.Kriya yoga is considered the final yoga and one must practice it in ones last life if he doesnt want to come back.The philosophy of Kriya yoga-the sages realised if one controls or plays with his breath up and down his spine it hastens the evolution of the soul.

working