jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Which Event From Biblical Scripture Intrigued One's Most Interest.

1. 59
    Elisah1957posted 5 years ago

Mine being the events of Ruth and Naomi from the book of "Ruth", the events of "Judah and Tamar" (Genesis 38) and the events giving the vengeance against the tribe of Benjamin for their horrible deed. (Judges 19-21). There are many more but I was intrigued by those three.

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus according to Matthew,Mark,Luke, and John. All four apostles relate of this.

1. 59
        Elisah1957posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dave Mathews,

I feel so deeply sad in my spirit for the many people of this world that do not know of the G-d giving gifts which has been offered to them by works of events from those since before themselves. These being not just stories but instructions to teach one how to live and the consequences of all behavior. As G-d in scripture reveals when said (Hosea 4:6...) “My people are destroyed because they don't know me”.

Those responsible for this have a great wrath from G-d against them.

It is my task as a servant to continue to instruct those, even though I myself suffer greatly. I'm affirmed that all will not receive salvation but I pray for those who cling to the shirt- tail of G-d truth, will by His strength prevail.

2. 0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

something I still remember from the bible is how foreskins were hacked off penises of  men killed in battle to use as bounty - totally revolting

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It's oddity of a god concept.

3. 59
    Elisah1957posted 5 years ago

The history of King David is very beneficial revealing the trauma caused from those close to you and demonstrating G-d wrath against those whom harm the innocent. The life of King David is one that can be of learned value.

It is very of necessity that one knows of the events partaking from the bible, for they reveal and instruct those whom want to understand what G-d want from man. They are giving as a gift from G-d to teach one how to behave and the consequences of behavior. They are not just mere stories.