Christians: Who is the author of Gospel of Matthew?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (79 posts)
  1. Ahmad Usman profile image67
    Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years ago

Sincce Christian friends claim that bible is the inspired word of God, even though there is no such book as "Gospel of Jesus". All we find today are the Gospels written by those who didn't live and know Jesus at all. The earliest of them wrote 40 years after Jesus while the last of them wrote 80 years after Jesus. But even these Gospels are doubtful. Lets take this Verse:

"And as Jesus passed forth from there, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom and Jesus said to him, "Follow me!" So Matthew got up and followed him." (Matthew 9:9)

Did Matthew wrote this about himself? If YES, why then Matthew didn't write like this: "Jesus saw me while i was sitting at the receipt of custom and told me to "Follow". So I got up and followed him." If NO, then who is the author of Gospel of Matthew?

1. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

matthew...for why he didnt write like you think he should have written, you need to ask matthew smile...on serious notes , who is matthew??...

by the way there are 400 religions which claim to have writeup inspired by god...god must have been busy all these years inspiring people , here ,there every where but forgetting that book is last thing he should have inspired...i guess he didn't realize what HE is upto....

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Gospel is named after the writer and author.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's what unsuspecting people like you have been led to believe

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he was writing in third person.  Yeah, that's it.  Very professional.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

people on here write in 3rd person all the time- in thier profiles Lol

1. Julie2 profile image58
          Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why... sad

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Bible is the story of God/Christ.  Inspired by Him (the Holy Spirit).   So, yes it makes sense that it's written in "third person" viewpoint.  Actually I see it as "First-Person" viewpoint since God is the Alpha and Omega.   It's not really "about" anyone else;  it's all about Him, as it should be.

5. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahmad Usman wrote ...

Did Matthew wrote this about himself? If YES, why then Matthew didn't write like this: "Jesus saw me while i was sitting at the receipt of custom and told me to "Follow". So I got up and followed him." If NO, then who is the author of Gospel of Matthew?

= - - - =

Does anyone know how this was reitten in the origional text ? 
        Maybe Matthew did write as you suggest that he should have, ..
      but then when it was being transcribd into it's next re write ; the scribe made an error.

6. LeeWalls profile image60
      LeeWallsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Author is Jehovah God who used Matthew under inspiration.

2 Timothy 3:16, All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LeeWalls, Beautifully stated. Amen

2. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, WOC is right. You said it beautifully.

3. Ahmad Usman profile image67
        Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LeeWalls

If God is the author of Bible, then why there are so many errors and contradictions in it? God's word must be free of ERRORS just like the Quran. The Bible itself confirms this fact that it is CORRUPTED by people.

"How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it ( BIBLE ) INTO A LIE!" (Jeremiah 8:8)

smile

2. profile image0

Sorry, but that's not what Jeremiah 8: 8 even says.

It says

"How do ye say, 'We are wise,  and the law of the Lord is with us?'  Lo, certainly in vain made he it;  the pen of the scribes is in vain."

Better look at the King James version instead of reading any of those new supposedly-easier-interpreted" versions, 'cause those versions contain erroneous interpretations like you quoted.

"In vain" doesn't refer to the Bible being erroneous; it simply refers to the people who don't follow law of God correctly.   The previous verses talk about how God's people were unwilling to REPENT.  (There's that nasty little word again! LOL).

AND the verse following that verse further expounds upon that principle.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quite right.  It's a well known fact that Jesus spoke 17th century English just like the bi-sexual king who authorized the printing of his holy word.

1. profile image0

Hey, I dunno much about King James himself, but I do know God can use even the devil to get His point across, any ol' time He wants to.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

2. Ahmad Usman profile image67

In Vain

1. Unsuccessful: failing to have or unlikely to have the intended or desired result.

2. Empty of substance: devoid of substance or meaning

Vain = unreliable, ineffective, hopeless, unsuccessful, unproductive, futile, useless, abortive, worthless, wasted, hollow, empty, idle, pointless.

Vain (Antonym) = Reliable, Successful

New International Version (©1984)
            "'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

New Living Translation (©2007)
            "'How can you say, "We are wise because we have the word of the LORD," when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies?

English Standard Version (©2001)
            “How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
            "How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
            " 'How can you say that you are wise and that you have the LORD's teachings? The scribes have used their pens to turn these teachings into lies.

King James Bible
            How do ye say, We [are] wise, and the law of the LORD [is] with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he [it]; the pen of the scribes [is] in vain.

American Standard Version
            How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of Jehovah is with us? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes hath wrought falsely.

Bible in Basic English
            How is it that you say, We are wise and the law of the Lord is with us? But see, the false pen of the scribes has made it false.

Douay-Rheims Bible
            How do you say: We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Indeed the lying pen of the scribes hath wrought falsehood.

Darby Bible Translation
            How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of Jehovah is with us? Behold, certainly the lying pen of the scribes hath made it falsehood.

English Revised Version
            How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes hath wrought falsely.

World English Bible
            How do you say, We are wise, and the law of Yahweh is with us? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has worked falsely.

Young's Literal Translation
            How do ye say, We are wise, And the law of Jehovah is with us? Surely, lo, falsely it hath wrought, The false pen of scribes.

So In Vain refers to Bible being UNRELIABLE, if not a LIE. Hope this will help.

1. profile image0

(sigh) wrong still.

I'm amazed at how complicated people try to make the Scriptures!

Maybe I can explain it in simpler terms even.....

Suppose...just suppose you told someone a truth, but someone else interjected with a retort that made it look like you were lying.  The old expression "make me out to be a liar" comes into play.  Yet you are NOT a liar;  you're only being "made out to be" a liar; it's the lying person who inserted his/her false accusation into it that IS the liar.
              Same with that verse in the Bible.   The Scripture is true; it is Truth.  But those who wish to twist the Scripture are trying to make it into a lie.  They cannot, however.  The Scripture stands proven over and over.

Brenda, Exactly right.

2. Ahmad Usman profile image67

Well then the same ARGUMENT and SUPPOSITION should be used for the WHOLE of the Bible. Why use it only for that Verse.  Whoz that LYING person then in this verse??

e.g suppose Jesus (Peace be upon him) told some one TRUTH, but someone else interjected and made it as Jesus (PBUH) was lying, right? So this is EXACTLY what i am saying again and again and again that most part of the Bible is CORRUPTED in this way. we don't have any Gospel of Jesus (PBUH), all accounts are written by people who didn't live and know Jesus (PBUH) and thats why we have MANY MANY contradictions in the Bible.

I have SIMPLE question for you, Do you believe that the Word of GOD should be FREE of ERRORS??? YES or NO

1. Beelzedad profile image59
                  Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All accounts of the Quran were written by people who never saw the angel Gabriel speaking with Muhammad. Many contradictions. Same thing. smile

Allah is sufficient as a WITNESS.

"And those who have disbelieved say, "You are not a messenger." Say, [O Muhammad], "Sufficient is Allah as Witness between me and you, and [the witness of] whoever has knowledge of the Scripture." (Quran 13:43)

3. LeeWalls profile image60

I agree with you, that's why when I explain something to someone using the scriptures and they continue to contradict me and come up with something else, I know they're wasting my time and just want to argue.

I don't have time for bitter or negative people. I rather they go on their way and believe whatever they want to.

3. LeeWalls profile image60

I'm not going to argue with you nor will I use caps as if I'm screaming.like you did.  If I were to explain it to you with scriptures you still wouldn't believe me because you've already arrived to your own conclusion just with the way you came at me wtihout knowing me so I rather wish you well.

4. Beelzedad profile image59

You mean like these 200 or so well researched contradictions in the Quran?

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/#internal

Good luck with that. smile

7. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why does it matter?

8. Dian'swords4u profile image61
      Dian'swords4uposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The book of Matthew was written by Matthew by the inspiration of God.  the Bible is the inspired word of God.

Really? Perhaps then, you can tell me which of the following three verses is correct as they all seem to contradict one another. They are all verses indicating the last words of Christ on the cross. Which one is correct? smile

Mark 15:34-37, Matthew 27:46-50 - Jesus says: “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”

Luke 23:46 - Jesus says: “Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit.”

John 19:30 - Jesus says: “It is finished.”

1. Dian'swords4u profile image61

All three of these verses are correct.  The first one is where God turns away from his son because God cannot not look upon sin because he is without sin and Jesus was bearing all the sins of the world on himself.  The second verse is where Jesus is just before dying and he is giving himself back to the father.  The third is the last words Jesus ever spoke before he died.  These verses do not contradict each other.  they are in sequence to Jesus death.  They all happened at different times during this period just befoer he died.

1. profile image0
            jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what about " my god , my god why have you forsaken me?"
            jesus misunderstood Mr.God? or simply making a drama?

2. Beelzedad profile image59

No, all these verses are considered the very LAST words of Christ, they did not happen at different times, they were his alleged LAST words. smile

If you would read my post before you open your mouth, you would see that I did not say that all these words were the VERY LAST words he said.  They were words that he said while he was on the cross.  The words " It is finished." were the last words he said just before dying.  For someone who does not believe in God you sure want to spend a lot of time splitting hairs over a book that you don't believe in or that you say is a myth.

No, the bible claims these to be the last words of Christ, depending on who it is that wrote them. As you can see, they come from three different sources and none of the sources agree.

You need not focus on me, but instead focus on the subject matter.

There are 4 gospels in the Bible.  they are Matthew, Mark Luke and John.  Each one wasw written by a different person.  Matthew wrote Matthew, Mark wrote Mark, Luke wrote Luke and Joh was named as the One Whom Jesus Loved.  All these sayings were said at different times while Jesus was on the cross.  the very last words were IT IS FINISHED. Jesus asctually spoke 7 times while he wason the cross. These are found in Matthew 27:46, Luke 23:34, Luke 23:43, Luke:23:46, John 19:28 and John 19:30.  If you read each of these accounts you will see that these were all times that Jesus spoke while on the cross.  No these were not all the very last words that he spoke.  These as you read were the last words that Jesus spoke during the time he spent on the cross.  He did not say all these things at the same time.  They were at different times during the time spent on the cross. Each book gave reference to different times and words spoken by Christ.

Mark 15:34-37

34And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

35And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.

36And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.

37And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.

Luke 23:46

46And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

John 19:30

30When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

smile

9. profile image0

Hi ahmad. I don't think it is possible to name whose hand the pen was in. it is probably correct that it wasn't held be the apostle. It doesn't mean they were not his words. It does seem odd to me that you follow a religion that claims an angel squeezed a man until he could read and find that more plausible than someone writing down what another human said. I guess each to his own.

2. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image88
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

Most scholars believe the Gospel of Matthew was created somewhere around 50 or 60 AD, and was originally written in Greek by a non eyewitness, whose name is unknown.

Maybe that's why the Xtian gospels are described as being "of" rather than "by".

Also, the Xtian books in the Bible underwent a selection and editorial process several times, to suit the politics of various times.

Like Pisean# wrote, all religions claim Mr God told 'em to do it.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

how do you know there isnt a book of jesus????? Theirs over 100 books of the bible and some weren't printed because of the catholic church or simply didnt survive time.

The Bible is God's word given to men by God.  It is the inherent and infallible  word of God.  There may have been other books written during the time that the Bible was written, but this is what God deemed to be his book and we are to read it, study it and believe it and this I do with all my heart.  You and no one else will ever change my mind,.

Yes, we can see that, despite the fact that discrepancies and contradictions from your holy book have been presented to you. There are many more, of course, but you don't appear to want to hear it.

Seems that we know your bible better than you. smile

2. getitrite profile image71

I see from your profile that you are from North Carolina.  That pretty much explains it all.  I grew up in North Carolina, and it is one of the most religious places I have ever seen.  Most people there are hopelessly brainwashed, ignorant, fearful, people, including all my childhood friends.

The bible belt is at least 200 years behind modern thinking.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Which Bible do you mean?  Does God have multiple personality disorder.  Are Christians really worshipping Sybil?

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

All three of the synoptic gospels are based on gospel "Q'.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ron, you should explain that.
      Most do not understand the Q source or Dida Scalia --especially non seminal folk. smile

Cheers,

James.

Naaaaaaa, if they're too lazy to google it on their own I'll be happy to let them wallow in their creationist ignorance. wink

2. Beelzedad profile image59

The Q document is the alleged secondary source of the Gospels used in conjunction with the writings of Mark by both Matthew and Luke. No such document has ever come to light.

All that is listed below from the New Testament is believed to have originated from the Q. smile

* The Beatitudes
            * Love your enemies
            * The Golden Rule
            * Judge not, lest ye be judged
            * The Test of a Good Person
            * The Parable of the Wise and the Foolish Builders
            * The Parable of the Lost Sheep
            * The Parable of the Wedding Feast
            * The Parable of the Talents
            * The Parable of the Leaven
            * The Parable of the blind leading the blind
            * The Lord's Prayer
            * Expounding of the Law
            * The Birds of Heaven and The Lilies in the Field

5. Woman Of Courage profile image59
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

God is the author of the entire bible.

and god is also author of quran , torah...to name few...so many books and same author...god likes to write i suppose...

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

Only in the hearts of man. What man do with that knowledge is their choice.

2. profile image0

You do attribute some writings to the wrong author.   The quran is quite obviously a book of partial plagiarism.

that depends on whom do you ask...for christian ,yes quran as you said it is but for muslims bible is corrupted...for other faiths bible , quran mean nothing and no new thoughts...so it is from where one sees and it is view point...all three can be wrong , partially right or one of them may be right too...we have no consensus on this...

2. profile image0
      jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if god is really the author of the entire bible we should put him in primary class to study some basic physics, culture and biology!!

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

A man of many words seldom says anything worth listning to.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

yes

7. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

With God, all nonsense is possible.

If you really want to know God, then read the Quran.

The verses i QUOTED from the Bible are not the words of God. We Muslims believe in INJEEL revealed to Jesus Christ, BUT modern day GOSPELS are not what was actually revealed to Jesus Christ. The earlier FOLLOWERS of Christ distorted the TRUE teachings of God. That's why we find MANY errors in it.

Bible do contains SOME DIVINE inpirations. In fact we Muslims believe that Jesus (PBUH) PERSONAL quotes are the closest to the Truth. But however, Noble Quran is the error-free Holy Book that we all must follow.

Allah Almighty says in the Noble Quran:

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption)." (Quran 15:9)

"Nay, this is a Glorious Quran, (inscribed) in a Tablet Preserved!" (Quran 85:21-22)

1. getitrite profile image71

That might make sense to you, but I have concluded that all holy books---and that includes the Quran, are fraudulent nonsense.

I have battled with the same notion myself getitrite for a long time. And even though it hurts to admit, in my heart I agree with you. Nothing is sacred anymore. Was it ever even sacred?

8. sagar hubpages profile image62
    sagar hubpagesposted 13 years ago

yes..! you are right

9. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Brenda,

Be carefull because their are people here who will do nothing but fill up your day with semantics.  They are not looking for clarity, just an argument.

SpanStar, You are absolutely right.

10. Ahmad Usman profile image67
    Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years ago

QUOTE Beelzdad

Sure, along with the many many gods who are standing next to Allah, who will judge us all, as well.

UNQUOTE

God is ONE and only ONE in all religions. Just because of PAGAN Trinitarian concept of 3 gods in Christianity, doesn't mean that there are many gods. Although there is no such word "TRINITY" in the entire Bible but this is how the pedophile priests of the churches has made the innocent Christians to believe like this for over 100's of years. Lets move on to the teachings of Holy books of major religions and find out the concept of ONE God.

01). Hindu Scriptures:

The 'Brahma Sutra' of Hinduism, of the Vedanta - the main cream is,
    'Akkum Braham Dusta Nastim - Niya nastim Kincham'

'Bagwan Ek hi hai, dhusra nahi hai, nahi hai, nahi hai, zara bhi nahi hai'....

which means.......

"There is only one God, not a second one, not at all, not at all, not in the least bit."

Chandogya Upanishad, Ch.6, Section 2, Verse No.1.

"GOD IS ONE ONLY"........"AKAM AVIDETUIM"......'not a second'

02). SIKHISM:

The best definition that any Sikh can give regarding the concept of Almighty God in Sikhism is called, the "MUL MANTRA" - the fundamental creed of Sikhism,

which occurs in the beginning of Shri Guru Granth Sahib...at the beginning, Volume No.1, Ch. No.1, Verse No.1:

It is also called as "JAPOJI MULMANTARA"

It says that... "ONLY ONE GOD EXISTS".

And He is called by 'Dadru', - the 'Creator', 'the One free from fear and hatred', 'the Immortal', 'Not begotten', 'Self Existing' 'Great and Compassionate'.

03). Zorastarnism:

He has been given several attributes and names in the 'Dasatir'. For example, -

"HE IS THE ONLY ONE." He has no beginning, no origin, and no end - He has no father, no mother, no wife, no son. He has got no image - He is beyond imagination. There is nothing like Him - No vision can see Him. He is beyond comprehension. He is closer to you than yourself'.

04). Holy Bible:

Hebrew: "Shama Israelu Adonai Ilah Hayno Adonai Ikhad."

Moses said: "Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord." (Deuteronomy 6:4)

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our GOD THE LORD IS ONE. (Mark 12:29)

05). Noble Quran:

Say: He is God, the ONE! God, the eternally Besought of all!. He begetteth not nor was begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him. (Quran 112:1-4)

"God! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (app eareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory)." (Quran 2:255)

God is He, than Whom there is no other god;- Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

God is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to God! (High is He) ab ove the partners they attribute to Him.

He is God, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

(Quran 59:22-24)

So Beelzdad, Only ONE God will judge you and we are all accountable for our actions. I hope you will read the Quran with rational and neutral mind. Peace

Sorry, but Zeus, Thor and Hades await us all for judgment, along with many other gods just like yours.

The Quran is a book of mythological nonsense, just like most other holy books, except the Quran condones violence against others. Much worse. smile

Well this is the 5th time i am asking, where Quran CONDONES violence?

Send me the verses and i will reply to your false accusation.

And during the 70's, when TOP Christian and Athiest scientists were invited by Egypt to examine the verses of the Quran related to Embryology, what they discovered and said, was non-sense? O' please, be FAIR! visit the link and just hear what all the TOP SCIENTISTS said about a FEW only FEW verses of the Quran.

http://www.scienceislam.com/scientists_quran.php

Yes, and automatically, you state it to be false.

I've seen oodles of Islamic propaganda just like that, it only serves to show just how dangerous your religion is to mankind. smile

Not more than Athiesm.

Adolf Hitler (Atheist): Killed 40 million Human

Joseph Stalin (Atheist): Killed 20 million Human

Vladimir Lenin (Atheist): Killed 200,000 Human

Mao Tse Tung (Atheist): Killed 30 million Human

Kim Il-sung (Atheist): Killed 4 million Human

Pol Pot - Cambodia Leader (Atheist): Killed 2 million Human

Fidel Castro (Atheist): Killed 1 million Human

wink

Is there some reason you felt compelled to fabricate that claim? Is it because you are unable to defend your religion? smile

2. Julie2 profile image58

Beelzedad you said, "Sorry, but Zeus, Thor and Hades await us all for judgment, along with many other gods just like yours."

You forgot Biggie and Tupac! smile

2. profile image0

Hi ahmad. I think I'd finally you figured out. You always post a forum's worth of information. Are you trying to see if you can post the whole Quran in a year? I think most people aren't reading the whole thing, so you might give your fingers a rest. Just a thought.

I'm going to have to get a book from these people to understand what all this hoopla is about.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/k … sheet.html

I need an advil, my head hurts... sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)