mermaids!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (30 posts)
  1. meglyn profile image60
    meglynposted 13 years ago

have anyone seen a mermaid for real?

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not technically, but I did once know a girl who could hold her breath for 15 minutes (as if she was swimming, that is)

1. danicah lopez profile image57
        danicah lopezposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes i have experience about mermaid and this is true im 16 years old when i seen the mermaid at the sea but im not see her  face what look like only the body with half woman and half fish....

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

where did you see it Danica? mega1 is a cute mermaid!!

1. danicah lopez profile image57
            danicah lopezposted 13 years agoin reply to this

in Phillipines,me and my father was boating and catch some fish and we were shock when we see the mermaid and  dissapear very fast.,

are u familiar in DUGYOT??DUGONG?what can u say about  this??
            what they called a little or baby mermaid..

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
              prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

COOL!!! dugong in Sorsogon, I saw it ten years ago. I'd like to see sirena though - mermaid.
              dugyot for us in Ilocano is "dirty"
              this is dugong,

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4817132_f248.jpg

Source :: http:   imgres?imgurl=http://www.prlog.org/10721467-dugong.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.prlog.org/10721467-where-have-all-the-dugongs-gone.html&h=307&w=470&sz=23&tbnid=wb0yQid06kE_yM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddugong&zoom=1&q=dugong&usg=__3isVmtBKDpN5p7IIBGIdX33ASDg=&sa=X&ei=p4iLTf_WKYmE0QHKvLHzDQ&ved=0CCwQ9QEwAg

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well ABC's 20/20 had a news show on this one.  wink  lol

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/real-life-me … d=10771939

3. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I keep several in my pond out back. smile

4. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A mermaid is a mythological aquatic creature with a female human head and torso and the tail of a fish. Mermaids have a broad representation in folklore, literature, and popular culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid

No, I have not seen it.

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have bee a fisherman, all my working days ... and never saw one ... though Fishermen, who usually have good health and diet ... start seeing the mermaids, when they've been out at sea for too long ...

The too long ... can vary from a week out there, to a few months out there ... but it depends on the health of the individual fisherman, his appetite, and the ship's fish-hold capacity ... what makes the Mermaid  ... a Political question.

A good Captain, therefore, knows when its time to head back home.

2. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

I saw the movie Splash with Darryl Hannah and Tom Hanks, does that count?

meglynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that dosent count dear, i m sure  the question was, have you seen a mermaid for real and not have you seen an imaginary mermaid from a movie.

3. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Hi melglyn. It's not a mermaid of the sea, and call me crazy; but I have a picture I took of a deep brook in Ireland, and when it was developed there was something in the grass under the water that looks exactly like a little water nymph. I know it isn't, but it's fun to think it might be.

4. meglyn profile image60
    meglynposted 13 years ago

well thats good to know as i have only seen them in the movies, and have heard mysterious things about them belonging to the water spirits and would occasionaly seduce and drown sailors on the sea. I am curious as to what they really look like, excluding the beautiful faces, long hair, perfect figure, and colourful fish tail as i see on tv, and then throwing in a bald head, fish eye and shark teeth, scally gray skin, fins and gills everywhere and a giant fish tail.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Contrary to popular belief, the top half of their bodies are a fish while the bottom half are human legs. smile

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, if something like that is seducing sailors, that's just creepy.

lol. Creepy indeed, because i have never heard of mermaid upside down.

Perhaps, if you thought for a moment, what exactly is at the top front and middle of a woman's legs and see if you find the same thing on a fish? smile

does it not make more sense when there is a supposed topless female with perky breasts smiling at you on the sea than a fish swinging human legs at you.

Doesn't matter, I was merely pointing out that if one were to attempt to make love to a mermaid with a fish bottom, they should just make it with a fish, instead. Same thing. smile

ok now i get your point dear.

Cheers! smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Why is it creepy? Are you suggesting it isn't creepy for a sailor to make love to a mermaid with a fish for a bottom half? Where then, would the sailor put his willy? lol

1. profile image0

Now you're being coarse. Who was thinking willies? They jump in chasing the beauty of the mermaid. Who sees a fish as beautiful. But, I see your point. Some guys are into legs.

now when would the sailor have the time to see those legs since its down part is usually under water, the fish might as well be swimming upside down too, to show case the legs.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Actually, I think you missed the point. smile

whats the point then?

5. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

This 30 second video should explain nicely my point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc20oTkd1S4

Enjoy! smile

1. profile image0

Cute video, but I still say any guy that would go that route is creepy. Pretty legs or not.

6. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

of course there are mermaids - how do you think I got here?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)