jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

is it any worth?

1. profile image0
    jomineposted 6 years ago

there are so many discussions in the forums regarding the existence of god. but no theist was able to prove the existence of god and they run away or side track the questions when confronted but never think rationally. the atheists even after hearing repeated rhetorics never turn blind and follow any god.
    so is it worth the time and effort to further discuss this?
    has anybody changed their way of thinking because of the forums?
    if nothing has come of all these i'm out off here....

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you here to be convinced yourself
      or to convince another?

find the answer and you find your answer...

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 6 years ago in reply to this

its not about convincing or getting convinced,
        will all these make anybody think or view others any differently.
        if not this is not worth the time...

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

and as we will see the great wheel of never ending questions roll on and on.. and on...and...on...and on...

thenin lies the "Wisdom" of the man who insist of searching for his lost coin only where light is, when he knew he lost it in the dark....

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they have changed. I have seen people begin to think about their belief systems and begin to question them and eventually do in fact change, giving up their beliefs and understanding they were indeed indoctrinated. smile

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Name one.

I didn't think so.smile

1. Beelzedad profile image59

I'm sure the opportunities will present themselves. smile

1. profile image0
            just_curiousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Opportunities knocking now. Answer the door.

2. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Beelz, you're correct in that. I have seen a few theists and atheists question their beliefs, giving up their narrow minded science and sensationalistic expressions --even to the point of becoming -dare I say-- free thinkers. So, I suppose --for once-- you are on point. Well done.

James.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Where would be today without that kind of narrow mindedness?

1. profile image0

THAT, isn't a question, is it, really?

3. Insight1987 profile image61
      Insight1987posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used to be religious, a long time ago.

Discussing things with people DEFINITELY changed my mind. But, it doesn't happen spontaneously. A person has to be receptive and open-minded to new ideas, and, at his core, RATIONAL. If you have someone pre-disposed to superstition, etc., and locked to only one point of view...... it's over, man.

2. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is worth it. Sometimes it's fun. When it isn't,  we glean a little of another person's point of view, which helps us ponder our own. Conversation on differences of opinion is always good. It's when people stop talking that I worry about things.

1. profile image0

nice.

3. arthurchappell profile image61
    arthurchappellposted 6 years ago

Totally with Just Curious here - and if pro-religionists were not counter-argued they would be able to more easily persuade the young to take their beliefs for granted. I was 12 before I discovered God was not a fact - my parents did their best not to show me any alternative point of view - I felt betrayed and decieved by that

4. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

If you work online or work-from-home then you need a place to vent. In offline world we find bars, pool tables or video games to do that. But when you're stuck in front of computer working for clients or for yourself then taking your cells out of routine task is refreshment.

That aside, forum gives you chance to see how a person thinks, depending on their thread title, replies etc. I mean if you want to see real hatred in heart of people, just click on anti-obama threads, you'll find height of hatred, cheap language that you'll never see on religious threads. Only exception in religious thread is that- frustrated Christians attack opposite view points with some threats etc. Otherwise there is always good dialogue between believers and non-believers.

working