jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (33 posts)

Apology

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

To all Non-believers, and Atheists I woluld like to apologize to any and all that I have been rude to, shot or abrupt with. It is not my normal way of dealing with things and I'm sorry. I ask to be forgiven? Also if there are any Christian Writers whom I have offended with my ways I am sorry.

1. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only persons forgiveness you need is your own. Asking others to forgive you is attention seeking.

Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have already forgiven myself. It was meant as a gesture of friendliness and sincerity for having offended some.

1. Hokey profile image61
          Hokeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Personally I think some people are just too thinned skin and look for reasons to be outraged.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it's nice that someone apologises, but then if you shot someone it's the least you can do.

Of course if they were shot dead, it would not be worth saying to a corpse now would it?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
          Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I assumed you'd just winged 'em.  Then maybe an apology would do.  If they were dead then maybe apologise to the family, make a speech at the funeral, that kind of thing.

Whenever I go down this road in an attempt to be mildly amusing a national hero gets shot and I am seen to be making a very bad taste comment.  Wish I hadn't bothered with your typo now.

2. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL Dave.
          'Most everyone gets a little SHORT with somebody, but I haven't seen you get outta line.   But you're very sweet to present an apology to whoever you felt needed one.

Brenda: Sometimes during the heat of discussion here in the forums I do manage to get a little huffy therefore if I upset someone, I feel I need to say sorry, if for no other reason then to show how a Christian should act.

1. Lisa HW profile image84
              Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dave Mathews, I think most people on here know that most (or at least "a lot of"  hmm ) other people on here (including you) are decent people who mean well - and who sometimes get a little "short" here or there, or once in awhile.  It's very "friendly-like" of you to apologize (to whoever was involved) and aim to set whatever you think went wrong, back to "right" (or, maybe, at least "neutral").   smile

3. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dave, that is so very big of you. I know God must be proud.

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I forgive you.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image87
        Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

nice.

5. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Forgiven. Very nice of you.

6. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No need for an apology. But, Thank you for the kind gesture.

7. CarolineVABC profile image76
      CarolineVABCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I understand what you mean, Dave! Sometimes, we get very passionate about our own beliefs, and just want to state our opinions, but as humans, we get a little bit excited about discussions, from time to time:-).  It was very nice of you to apologize, but personally, even though I do not engage in the discussions all the time, I do read them, and you have yet to offend me. I have a feeling that you won't because I have the same beliefs as you do:-).  I appreciate you apologizing, though-character counts!:-)

8. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think you get out of line as much as some, but thanks anyway

9. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dave, I hope my comment on your Almighty God forum the other day about sounding combative wasn't offensive to you.  I just feel like there's often a great deal of venom spewed from both sides of the fence on occasion, and frankly, as believers we ARE the ones who should be big enough to acknowledge when we may have offended others and ask their forgiveness. 

As for attention seeking, I'd suggest ignoring that remark from someone who seems also to be seeking attention.  If you aren't seeking attention, don't post on a public forum.  Just sayin'.

So, please accept my apology as well if you felt that I was being a bit harsh.  That wasn't my intention.  I'll personally be steering clear of the religion forums on HubPages moving forward, but I certainly enjoyed some of the civil and respectful dialogue with a good number of these fine folks.

:-)

10. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
      Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Truth does not come forth in pretense ...

Reality must be stated, in the simplest, and very straight forward terms ... I cannot understand, why are you regretting, having said something, which could have hurt the sentiments of Christians ...

Fr if you had said, 'I apologize to all Humans; the non believers, atheists and Muslims ... hurt by my Statings ... I might have considered agreeing.

2. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Good for you, Dave!

3. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

@ Dave - you've not offended me in the slightest, but I'm still glad you made the effort to apologise ... so thankyou.

@ Hokey - honestly I respect someone far more when they feel they're in the wrong and at least say the words 'I'm sorry' out loud. I hear ya about the thin skinned part though smile

4. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Dave, get this filter for firefox browser. Uncheck religion and politics forums using this filter. Unless you feel like venting don't modify the previous filter.

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

If everybody start to apologise for something they did not do...
    http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvgdaq_th.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvgdaq_th.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvgdaq_th.gif

6. Hugh Williamson profile image89
    Hugh Williamsonposted 6 years ago

Dave -

Gutsy post. A little civility on HP. Who woulda expected that?

Hats off.

7. aka-dj profile image78
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

Onya Dave. Thumbs up from me.

I have been on these forums for well over two years, and have seen several apologies expressed by believers/theists ( call them what you will), but I have yet to see one from an atheist. FULL STOP.

I'd say, they have been at least as offensive a lot of the time, (and more).
    But, k-se-ra-se-ra.. whatever will be will be.

PS, I am not seeking an apology for myself, because I have never yet been offended by any. I have learned a long time ago to "take no offence". Thanks all! cool

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Atheists do not need to apologize. We only ever tell the truth. Nice to see believers can occasionally understand how obnoxious they are and apologize for it. Pity they don't do it as often as they should. Maybe there would have been less religious wars?

I for one forgave him - he knew not what he was doing.

1. aka-dj profile image78
        aka-djposted 6 years ago in reply to this

SPEAKING the TRUTH???
        I would not expect an apology for that, even if it were a lie. (believed to be the truth).

It's the obnoxious way it gets delivered/said.

You(all) surely are guilty of that. More than once!

But, I don't see apologies for it EVER, from your camp. Sorry to be so blunt. hmm

Nice try though.

No dj. I am not. I am just honest. I know that is not a trait you hold dear, but still. sad

1. aka-dj profile image78
            aka-djposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see. So now you always tell the truth, never are obnoxious, nor rude nor condescending nor haughty, nor belligerent. WOW!

I'd say that's pretty close to perfection in human character.

Well done old son, well done. I applaud you.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image87
        Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought you had converted to Ignostic? wink

That was before. Now I am ignostic. Ignostics don't need to apologize either. We are right.

8. luvpassion profile image60
    luvpassionposted 6 years ago

I apologize for Mr. Knowles just to p@@ him off.... lol lol lol

9. Dee aka Nonna profile image83
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

The thing that makes HB a good place to write is that we can have an opinion and discussions...people can agree or not agree.  There are times that I've seen the discussions get a little out of control but within reason there is nothing wrong with that.

If we each make the effort to value the others peoples opinions then we won't ever get to someone feeling the need to apologize...  I think Dave doing that is honorable and admirable and it shows his growth as a human being.

We each come from unique experiences and backgrounds that, to a great extent, shape our opinions.  I think that is wonderful, don't you?

working