Whats the meaning of life?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (42 posts)
  1. tgopfrich profile image69
    tgopfrichposted 13 years ago

What is your answer!

1. speedbird profile image61
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Life is what you make it smile

2. Dovay Lee profile image41
      Dovay Leeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

get what you want and live a happy life.

3. Van Lal Hmangaih profile image69
      Van Lal Hmangaihposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The meaning of life is to meet the creator of its life and to walk together with Him. It is not for just to enjoy luxury but for worshiping the Lord with whole heart, mind and strength in being. It is for serving and leading the people toward the originator of life.

1. Van Lal Hmangaih profile image69
        Van Lal Hmangaihposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only by having connection with the originator (God), the lives that we live now would find satisfaction. Life without God is like falling down in the big hole which can not find real peace and purpose in life

1. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure that's the case for many religious people, but it's not always the answer to a life of fulfillment. There are those who believe in God, and live to serve him, and find no real meaning to their lives, and no happiness.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62
            Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I disagree. Believers who are serving God have true meaning in their lives. Life is without God is empty. God did not create people to only live, enjoy life and die. No matter how much wealth, and knowledge a person may have, their lives will never be fulfilled without God.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image62
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The meaning of life is to live for God by serving him

3. Donnie Lifer profile image66
        Donnie Liferposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bacon.

4. profile image0
        bolt1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

To live as best and happy as you can, and most importantly Love. No religion no politics just enjoy the experience as best as we can within all this madness. Stay clear of confusion and keep a clear mind. This is a short ride so just trust your heart and nothing else.

5. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whats the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is to enjoy and experience the attributes of the Creator-God Allah YHWH who is unigue.

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

The Bible says we were created for God's pleasure.
      So, the purpose of life is to live for Him.

5. profile image0
      Neville Walkposted 13 years ago

Ever since man learned to walk upright, he must have looked at the stars and wondered what he was here for.  Nothing has changed.  The human mind needs meaning to make it feel important.  But evidence would suggest, that life is not designed for a purpose, but the result of millions of years of evolution.  The human creature will not last for ever; we will go the same way as all of the other species before us, and the universe will never have been aware of our being here at all.  Realising this, then the only answer for me to the question, is that there is no meaning to life, and any meaning we give it, is purely the invention of our evolved brains.

1. Haunty profile image74
        Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Neville. What evidence?

2. tgopfrich profile image69
        tgopfrichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really like your answer Neville Walk. That is a wonderful way to think about it. So thank you for your insight big_smile

6. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

The meaning of life is to have fun, leave others alone and help those you can.

Oh, and have lots of sex! big_smile big_smile

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would have to agree with this!

I was more or less going to say. I don't know if there is a meaning or not. But I believe you should do everything in your power to be happy and stress free.

2. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto smile

7. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I think we each get to decide for ourselves, but Bill's answer is very good.

8. Smart Rookie profile image60
      Smart Rookieposted 13 years ago

The answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42, and the Ultimate Question is "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"

I'm certain that someone here would eventually respond with this answer; I just wanted to get it over with. lol

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess I shouldn't point out that 6x9=54.

1. Smart Rookie profile image60
          Smart Rookieposted 13 years agoin reply to this
      2. tgopfrich profile image69
        tgopfrichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Touche!

9. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
      Mikel G Robertsposted 13 years ago

"Seasoning"

10. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years ago

to be happy and to strive for a higher spiritual plane.

11. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years ago

To never stop the search for the answer.

12. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

What is the meaning of life? It is a decision made by you that gives other people a specific understanding of your purpose in life.

You set your purpose and your actions dictate the meaning you convey to others. It gives them and yourself, a unique understanding/connection.

The meaning you create should be positive and/or good, so as to not harm self or society/humanity/human species. wink

13. knolyourself profile image60
      knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

There is meaning for mathematicians, which is anything done should make a profit. And there is meaning for aesthetics, which is preserving what is already perfect, like nature or great institutions. Or there is meaning in the absence of meaning as anything can mean anything.

14. know one profile image61
      know oneposted 13 years ago

To live a life full of wonder and passion, free of hostilities, judgement, greed, and prejudice signifies hope for the future of the human species. The more that live this way, the more hope I feel. But I can only act for me, and as best I can, guide my children similarily. For me, religion doesn't cut it - it fails on all counts.

15. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 13 years ago

A life without meaning is nothing more than a waste of space, energy & resources.

For life to have  (at least some ) meaning, it must contribute constructively to society at large, to some extent.

You either add something, or you take away. I recon we should add more than we take away. IMHO

16. char4u.com profile image57
      char4u.composted 13 years ago

Seeking happiness and spreading such kinda happiness to people around you! My version!

17. Alhamora profile image53
      Alhamoraposted 13 years ago
    18. Dale Nelson profile image39
      Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

19. zeusspeak profile image67
      zeusspeakposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/question/108106/wha … ction--etc

I am also searching answer for this question.

20. zeusspeak profile image67
      zeusspeakposted 13 years ago

Life may be name of "Art, entertainment, game, happiness, status, money, family, friendship, ambition". So it may be relate to you, what do u want to ur life?

21. profile image0
      jomineposted 13 years ago

the meaning is what you want it to be. nobody can tell you, what the the meaning of your life, but you yourself!

22. Bellamie profile image60
      Bellamieposted 13 years ago

depends on how creative you are.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the cutest baby I've ever seen! Gosh! That's the meaning of life right there!

1. Bellamie profile image60
          Bellamieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thankyou so much!  she's my granddaughter!  spunky little baby, too.

23. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years ago

what ever meaning which we attach becomes meaning of life...

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is the prerogative of the Creator-God to fix meaning of our life.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats meaning which u attached and if it works for u , its fine...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)