jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

was the holocaust the rapture?

1. stclairjack profile image79
    stclairjackposted 5 years ago

this is a purely hypothetical question so dont buy a gun, stock pile canned beans or start a prayer circle for little ol' me,...

what if the rapture occoured with the genocide commited against the jews in WW2 europe.... the old testament asserts that the jews were gods chosen people and its been said that god will take his chosen people home in the blink of an eye,.. 6 years (1939-1945) is a blink of an eye in historical terms...

could we be living in the post-rapture period and not even realize it?

(watch the right wing good book flingers go crazy on my for this one!, they hate it when i make 'em think)

1. 69
      paarsurreyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

God's chosen people don't committ evil deeds and don't kill fellow human beings. If Jews were God's chosen people; why did the Jews try to kill Jesus on the Cross? Jesus was God's chosen messenger/prophet.

stclairjackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

prety strong words for describing gods chosen people, by those standards none of us would measure up,...

let me say first that i dont buy the rapture theory at all,... and i also dont think that the jews are gods chosen people any more, because they failed to choose him when he came to them and the rest of humanity,...

that said, the jews killed jesus because it fullfilled prophesy wether they understood that at the time or not.

2. 0
        just_curiousposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Jews did not crucify Jesus. The religious leaders are responsible. It isn't fair, or right, to blame an entire group for the heinous acts of a few.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image86
      DoubleScorpionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well if Revelations is correct.. I would say that the 144,000 of the chosen ones could have been taken at this time...but we still have alot of "gentiles" to still be accounted for...so who knows...it is an interesting theory though...

that was my point exactly! thanks for gettin it man! i only wanted to throw out the notion to see who would bite,... my great grandmother got very quiet one night at bible study and asked the question,.... the room was quiet for a bit then they glossed over it and moved on,... but the question stuck with me for all these years,.... and when  ask it, people always say it stuck with them.

2. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 5 years ago

Don't think so for there are few things that need to take place and I believe one of those things is preaching the word to the rest of the world.  To what degree this needs to take place I don't know.

When the rapture comes it's my understanding that people want to be in that line because in Revelation I believe the last seal open will bring about such horror that even Heaven looking down on these events they can't believe it.

Revelation 8:1
    [ The Seventh Seal and the Golden Censer ] When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

there are those who will look at the last 65+ years and point to things that fit the "signs",.... im not one of them.