jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

Someone please explain?

1. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The below is a post from another hubber as you can tell by the quote, however, explain to me how a god is incapable of anything?

This was taken from the Satan is the father of all lies, yet god tells lies forum thread.

If a god has the capability of doing everything, then how is that it would not be capable of lying?

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Only with 13 year old virgins!  lol

Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol lol

2. micadeolu profile image69
      micadeoluposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You see, talking about God is like clothing a dream girl you dated yesterday while sleeping. There is no amount of words or expression you can use to explain or qualify the greatness of God.

1. simeonvisser profile image87
        simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This may be closer to the truth than you intended. Doesn't everyone just believe that their God is perfect?

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes God is all things and can do all things including Lie humanly speaking.

For example, God lokks at the white kettle and says that it us black.
      to men this is a lie.....
      But the same kettle became black just as he had said....this is bcause the word of God is ways Truth...and he cannot Lie...

conclusion God can do all things including Lie which he cannot do...

This is so just so to accommodate the carnal mind so that it may understand the way and nature of Truth.....which is a strictly spiritual concept.

4. aka-dj profile image80
      aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The real problem lies (ha ha ha) in ones perception of God.
      If He is a reflection of human traits, you could easily be excused to saying He can tell lies.

If He is perfect, then He cannot lie. That would be breaking not only His Laws (rules, whatever you want to call it), but would go against His very nature, character and perfection.

Let's face it, something is either perfect (meaning, NO FLAWS) or it is im-perfect, (blemished, stained, dirty).

Another reason He cannot tell a lie is due to His creative power. Using kess's example of the kettle being white, unlike his conclusion, it would be something like this.

Kettle is white>>>God "tells a lie" and calls it black>>>because of His creative power, the kettle instantly turns black>>>making the "lie" true.

I have no idea why people have such a problem seeing such simple concepts. hmm

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

aka-dj, Very well stated.

5. Beelzedad profile image61
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If we look at the definition of 'capable' we find in this case that a god has the "capacity or ability" to lie. In other words, a god can indeed lie, but perhaps never does.

I have, as does most anyone else, the capacity and ability to murder someone, but most likely, we never will.

2. 0
    just_curiousposted 5 years ago

Hey cags. I doubt any reasonable person, who believed in an all powerful God would say it is incapable of lying, in that it couldn't. Maybe common sense would tell you the deity would be smart enough to know it shouldn't. Just a thought.

3. 70
    paarsurreyposted 5 years ago

The Creator-God is All-Praiseworthy and Truth; no blemish could be attributed to Him; lie is a blemish and from devil.

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image60
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It can work both ways. For he who does not believe in God, is at liberty to attribute anything to him. To him God is a robber and maybe even a killer. For he who believes in His mighty, there is no need to believe so. Since it is Him who causes day into night. A lie is a factor of time.

4. 0
    Over The Hillposted 5 years ago

Cagsil, you know in your heart that there is a god. You`re anxious and striving for comfort and peace. All the wisdom of the world will not let you sleep peacefully at night. You ask what no other man can give you, lest you find" THE ALMIGHTY HIMSELF." I truly hope you find peace and satisfaction that only God can give you.

Ironically, believer always have those thoughts about other people, but fail to realize that it's their language that screws them up. Go figure.

This post was in jest, because I really didn't give a damn, just wanted to see what people were going to say. lol

1. 0
        Over The Hillposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I`m sorry you took my true intent as you did. Seek and You shall find.

2. 0
        Over The Hillposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Friend, you don`t know how hard it is to love some people. You probably sat at home watching Tom and Jerry cartoons while I flew in a B-52 over the end of Vietnam. Do you know how frightening it is to drop 13,ooo feet in 40 seconds. I also served 9 months in Desert Storm in full combat, so don`t be so righteous  about what other people think. You are only being snotty. For once in your life give thanks to someone besides yourself.

Well, that post definitely agrees with your username "Over The Hill". lol

As for giving thanks to other people other than myself? I wasn't aware I was giving thanks to myself. But, come to think of it, I give thanks to many others, almost on a daily basis. Probably, more than you do. wink

5. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 5 years ago

Cags are you feeding the bears again??? smile

6. skellie profile image67
    skellieposted 5 years ago

I think that God invented the little white lie, to prevent people from anguish and hurt. I am sure that God would tell a white lie, if it meant not hurting someone. Why create suffering if there is another way around it.
    I believe if God was standing right next to me, he would agree smile

Closed to reply