jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

It is wrong to blame religions for the majority of wars, racism

1. profile image69
    paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

Mick Menous wrote:

I believe that it is an absolute abomination to lay the blame for the majority of wars, racism, and perversion in the history of humankind on religions. For example, religions did not start The American Civil War, World War I, World War II, or the Cold War. Those wars were all started by political tensions.

Paarsurrey says:

I think the atheist would agree on this point.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70755?page=2

1. NateSean profile image81
      NateSeanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Probably shouldn't post your hubs in a thread, as HP tends to look down on that.

However, I have always held to the belief that it is the people that cause the wars, not the religion.

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Nate, look closely at the link. It's not a Hub, it's another forum thread.

2. profile image69
        paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very truly.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

"It is wrong to blame religions for the majority of wars, racism". Religion in general is used by thieves to motivate
    the minions. But the old colonial cliche went something to the extent: 'take their gold and give them God'.

3. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 6 years ago

I agree with NateSean. People cause conflict and hate, and they use religion as an excuse. Yes, the Bible for instance does spout some rather hateful things (for example, that women are inferior, and so on) but I think it's telling that the same people who cite Leviticus to justify their homophobia ignore the fact that Leviticus also condemns polyester and priests with sight problems. It's just an excuse.

1. profile image69
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

working