A few questions in the Bible, I do not understand.

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 13 years ago

Every word in the bible is said to be true, I've got a hundred more question like these. When Christians do not follow these rules to come true, then what is the purpose of being a Christian or having  Religious sector and religious organizations

1. What is the penalty for working on the Sabbath?

You will be stoned to death. -- "Six days shall work be done, but on the Seventh day there shall be to you a holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the.
    Lord: who’s over doeth work therein shall be put to death. Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the Sabbath day." (Exodus 35:2)

Do Clergy and entertainers count?

2. What is God's name?

Jealous. --. "For thou Shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." (Exodus 34:14)

I am never jealous, I am happy, if your happy

3. How should parents treat a stubborn and rebellious son?
    He should be stoned to death. -- (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

I punched my alcoholic Dad once and it all worked out, should I get stoned now along with my Adultery?

4. What happens if you are not a virgin on your wedding night?
    You will be stoned to death.

" Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she dies . . ."Deuteronomy

Who is virgin before the wedding night, Today?

5. What does the bible say about witches?

Witches should be killed. -- "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."(Exodus 22:18) " (Leviticus 20:27)

I dated a few witches in my time, never went as far as thinking about killing them.

6. According to the bible, who created evil?

God... "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:  I the Lord do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7) Genesis 2:9, "the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

How do we know who is to blame, If God is all loving, who need hell, demons when evil that only exist in the mind or does it?

7. How did Gideon demonstrate his family values?

He fathered 71 sons through many wives plus a mistress in Shechem. --.Name he called Abimelech." (Judges 8:30-31)

So much for monogamy and fidelity, do you agree?

8, How many regular sexual partners did King Solomon have?

One thousand sexual partners. --"But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites,Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites . . . And he had seven hundred wives,princesses, and three hundred concubines." (I Kings 11:1-3) Notice that this lifestyle is never denounced by God, Jesus, or the biblical." (Luke 11:31)

Is Solomon’s really the wisest and over sex Man who ever lived? Do you think this is an example of family values from one of God's?

It’s often said, the Bible never contradicts its self, how can that be?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sin is still sin.
      We all deserve those consequences, yes, even being stoned to death!  But Jesus died for us so that we can get forgiveness if we repent.
      What we deserve isn't always what we get.  Thanks to Jesus's sacrifice.

But be aware that the spiritual consequences are just as eternal.

2. graceomalley profile image84
      graceomalleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am planning to write a hub on the passage about stoning a disobedient child. I think there is alot going on there. Will try to let you know when I do.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my child would have been stoned many times over

1. graceomalley profile image84
          graceomalleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Human beings would have died out if they actually did stuff like this.

3. create a page profile image60
      create a pageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have many questions and that is good because it means that you are searching.  I have one question for you though.  Did you ask God to answer the questions Himself?   You might be surprised to know that He knows the answers to all those questions and if you ask Him He may very well give you answers that may change your life permanently.

Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I must believe first or brainwash myself into thinking that only few people go to heaven and the rest burn in hell. I do often ask God questions like these, yet because they are so silly and violent, I get the same silly answers back from God. I don't care much of wasting my time and God's time and silly stuff. I'm a co creator with God and so I ask him better questions and you have the same powers.

You Christian out there, if you can't answer any of these 8 questions, I got a hundred others for the hell of it.

1. profile image0

maybe you could write a stack of hubs on this?

I better not, being an over ego world, someone ego may want revenge because it make them madder than hell.

I wrote Save Satan as humor hub, yet I can fell the cyber space hate

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
              Jean Bakulaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel your pain. I wrote a hub last night about how there is no place for women in the Church, and really got going. It was really about spritiuality in women, but I got off course. You know, about the same stuff you mentioned, plus more. Women must suffer in childbirth because Eve sinned. There's only one pathway to God. People should be stoned for ridiculous reasons. It's all a circular argument. I toned down the hub some, and am still unsure if it must be trimmed more. We are writing to a very Christian audience here, my friend. I don't want to antagonize anyone for their beliefs, but don't want every other hub I read to be about Jesus either. In my opinion, this is not the place for all this religion, unless someone writes a hub that actually has something to say about how somebody learned something of value in a scripture and how it helped them, or found a new meaning in one.

1. profile image0

Jean, I've written some controversial hubs about the ugly side of christianity.  They have been generally well received.  Very few viscous attacks (from a couple of very hostile hubbers).  Some christians actually thanked me for getting them thinking about how they treat people

4. mecheil profile image60
      mecheilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i wanna try answering these questions with my little understanding of the bible. first of all, christians focus mainly on teachings of jesus, which are written in the new testament. the old testament is used to verify the relevance of jesus' teachings to the faith of his human ancestors as well as to see if prophecies about him have been fulfilled. jesus is believed to be the fulfillment of all that the prophets prophesied, the end of prophesying. i included these because jesus made so much changes in the mosaic law; such changes that christians are practicing.

1. sabbath penalty. no longer practiced by christians. why? because even jesus himself have done healing on sabbath day, with the reasoning that showing mercy is what the real message of sabbath.

2. god's name. bible name of god is yahweh or jehovah. bible scholars no longer argue of this, but with how the name should be pronounced, they do.

3. treating a rebellious son. jesus never raised his hands against his those who opposed and killed him. he said love your enemy. he said people must repent from their sins. why not love your son, and allow him to get the chance to repent. so forgive the rebellious son. this is the reason why jesus was sent by his father, anyway.

4. no longer virgin before wedding. --> #3 answer. jesus & his disciples made clear about morality, though.

5. killing witches. --> #3 answer.  jesus & his disciples also emphasized the need to stay away from any form of spiritism.

6. creation evil. Isaiah 45:7 does not pertain to satan or demons, but to the consequences that people faced for every punishment he gave. Genesis 2:9 indicate right & wrong. (god sees those consequences as evil because he knows and he feels the pain of having to deal with it all.) i can't remember the specific verse saying that god felt hurt when his intelligent creatures' heart was filled with nothing but evil things.

7. monogamy & fidelity. there was no specific verse in the bible that says god approved of these. we can draw conclusion regarding it with the repercussions that involved people have suffered. lea & rachel treated each other as rivals (not a good example); solomon lost god's favor (a sad ending for a known wise man)

8. solomon's hundreds of partners. losing god's favor should tell us that having such a lifestyle is not approved by him, which is why christians today should only have one wife.

2. simeonvisser profile image69
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

"Any contradiction only exists in the mind of a non-believer. The Bible has no contradictions."

There you have it, the religious answer.

We the people live healthier and wiser today, then in the Biblical hardship days, that's non sense

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

The bible is a book which is a very altered from the original text. The Hebrew it was written in was manipulated by vested church interests early on.

The original story was a compilation of the beliefs and ambitions of a few old goat herders in the bronze age to enslave the ignorant masses and gain from their fears and existing belief in gods.
    It is a mishmash of stories and fables, many of which were lifted from previous religions.
    Consequently it is not only contradictory, but can indeed be used to contradict most contradictions it makes! lol

Christians mental self-defense is like a huge numbness when they use OT Bible to back up all pre NT human, earthlings and all natural history events.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Numbness eh? You know, that is a pretty good description of what I have seen too. Some will go to extraordinary lengths to protect a "truth" which is in reality a fable.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Can't answer you, I think that we are all adapting to the changes in the structures of society which could be a result of technology and economic transformations -  which change our lifestyle and that values we upheld are forever changing in different times. The bible should be interpreted within a specific time frame.

Or Until the Bible becomes totally unrecognizeable and no need to admire or relive their extreme biblical hardships.

It’s hard enough getting over world war two, yet we are slowly.

5. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

god'S name is Jehovah, even though most religions have chosen to remove it....

Dont believe anything Earnesthub says.... he does not know the answers to your questions.....

Cant you look these answers up yourself?????

What would you use to disagree with me. Let me guess.... that would be the bible right? lol

1. Joy56 profile image67
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

we have all moved over to the who wants to go out with a hubber for a meal....... everyone wants to go out with you Earnesthub......

I find that a bit hard to believe!

1. Joy56 profile image67

go take a look.......

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

I grew up with Bible studies, later on, I ask challenging question why this why and why that? They most often their answers me with - you got to have faith.

I said, that’s not good enough, they threw me out on my ear.

1. Joy56 profile image67

on your ear or took hold of your ear and threw you out..... god bless you

More like screaming into my ear and low browing me for uncultivated tastes or like I am vulgar.

I went on to being a professial artist and mixing well with most of the world.

1. profile image0
            BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Luckily they threw you out!
            Thinking is not allowed!!

6. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 13 years ago

The law is fulfilled through Christ Jesus. The nation of Israel was the only nation held to those standards in order to bring the messiah into existence, and as the chosen people of God had higher standards imputed to them. After Jesus, the law was fulfilled and grace put in place for those who follow the two laws that determined all the rest.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

Love your neighbour as yourself.

Evil is the hatred of good, Satan hates God because He wants God's position, and God threw Him out. Evil hates people, because God gives people chances to repent.

The Bible is also a historical account, not just a "All these men are super holy." The rise and fall's of nations, kings, and people are recorded toward the understanding of man's place in existence and the understanding that man is not greater than God. As your questions point out.

Enjoy your mockery.

smile

vector7

I hope we never mock the bald head of a bald headed Priest, because so far I have been lucky with bears.

vector quotes -Evil is the hatred of good, Satan hates God because He wants God's position, and God threw Him out. Evil hates people, because God gives people chances to repent.

Hell of a hate and evil festival you got going there, you don’t mind, if I don't join in.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I only see a mockery of the human intellect. smile

7. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

It is written,He that is not with me is against Me.If we make choices contrary to His will,we get zero progress in spirituality and ability of spirit.
    You have a lot of things that was misinterpreted in translation of scripture. You have to know the whole story in order to know what is and what is not in perspective of integrity.
    You have to go by the process:
    http://www.hubpages.com/hub/Spectivity

1. Beelzedad profile image58

ANAKIN: If you're not with me, you're my enemy.

OBI-WAN: Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes.

smile

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
        Apostle Jackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Matt 12 v 30...is where it came from,...just for the record.I speak the words absolutely because that is the way it was given to me.

Yeah, I get that, hence my quotation. Your god is quite evil if he speaks in those type of absolutes. smile

Not so..Anyone that is against you can only bring you down.Anything contrary to you can only hurt you,no matter what you are or believe in this world,as far as principals go.I say yes,and you say no.They are a conflict of interest and an enemy to the cause.Can you see that?

What about those who are not against you or with you?

Then, reality must be against you.

Yes, you consider me your enemy simply because I don't share your beliefs. That is why your religion causes so many wars. smile

What you believe in is a conflict in the world.There are Atheists that take part in the same wars.Don't exclude your own belief as a conflict and addition in the matter.

So, what you're saying is that atheists participated in holy wars? lol

No,the spiritual warfare of principles and beliefs apart from holy wars...That are just as negative,contending, and ill will as any other belief.

8. superwags profile image66
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

For anyone reading from the UK, the BBC's "The Bible's Buried Secrets" has proven to be an excellent series thus far. Get it on iplayer if you're interested in this kind of thing...

I have seen this and several other series of a similar type on the BBC. We get all the world channels in Australia too. smile

1. superwags profile image66
        superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this where my licence fee goes?! lol

2. Joy56 profile image67

are they upside down, when you get them

9. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

1. What is the penalty for working on the Sabbath?

You will be stoned to death. -- "Six days shall work be done, but on the Seventh day there shall be to you a holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the.
    Lord: who’s over doeth work therein shall be put to death. Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the Sabbath day." (Exodus 35:2)

Gods day was a day of rest. God did not institute this day for himself, rather, for his creation, humankind. In 1960 sunday was still recognized as a day of rest, unto the Lord - Today this is a forgotten value. God continually sets his standards and He means for His people to obey them. If the price for speeding was death, would people speed? The amount of people who are recorded in the bible as having been stoned to death for working on the sabbath - 1. You can think this tyrannical, but the day of rest is a very important rule as it provides health to the bones, unity in the family, its a simple rule that anybody can do.

Do Clergy and entertainers count? I don't know but i do know that since Jesus christ this sabbath day can be any day of the week. It doesnt have to be sunday or saturday. It can be a thursday. We can now adjust our sabbath days to meet our personal agendas. Having one day off a week, or 4 days at the end of a month if you are a trucker doing long hauls is vitally important.

2. What is God's name?

Jealous. --. "For thou Shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." (Exodus 34:14)

I am never jealous, I am happy, if your happy

Names in the hebrew culture meant a lot. The meaning of names intentionally described the situation. The hebrews camped at mara which means bitterness and the waters there were undrinkable, etc for examples. Since God has declared his name to be jealous you can bet he is not kidding and that he is jealous. God says he is jealous about his people in a number of places in the bible.

3. How should parents treat a stubborn and rebellious son?
    He should be stoned to death. -- (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

I punched my alcoholic Dad once and it all worked out, should I get stoned now along with my Adultery? congrats.

Stubborn and rebelious are not just flippant, occasional occurances. this is a continuous situation where the child is constantly being in this state. There is much history and seriousness about male children in the hebrew culture. Families were tight back then, a real family unit, closeness was the norm. A child who was rebellious (against what?) and stubborn (about what?) was to be erradicated like evil was to be erradicated. There was very little difference between evil and a disappointing son. Again, a stiff penalty and number of people recorded in the bible for this transgression - 0 of course many stubborn people were killed for their rebellions in the bible... the sons of korah for example.

4. What happens if you are not a virgin on your wedding night?
    You will be stoned to death.

" Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she dies . . ."Deuteronomy

Who is virgin before the wedding night, Today? Exactly but if they were to be stoned for not being a virgin i gotta feeling men would be marrying virgins. Again this will take a long time to explain but hebrew culture necessitates virginity on both sides, its just easier to see with the female if she is or isnt. There are obvious good reasons for this rule and its of tantamount importance in the sanctity of marriage.

5. What does the bible say about witches?

Witches should be killed. -- "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."(Exodus 22:18) " (Leviticus 20:27)

I dated a few witches in my time, never went as far as thinking about killing them.

congrats again. the witches being talked about here are actual witches though and not the point of your failed sense of humor. Witches are selfish. Witches practice evil rites for power to do things that they want done, not for the benefit of others, unless they are hired to do so and then it is still a selfish endevour. Israel was to have a pure and unblended religion and witches in the religion, well, they blended the religion. Remember, you cannot serve God and mammon.

6. According to the bible, who created evil?

God... "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:  I the Lord do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7) Genesis 2:9, "the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

How do we know who is to blame, If God is all loving, who need hell, demons when evil that only exist in the mind or does it?

God is all of everything. He is 100% love and 100% justice and 100% of other emotions. I have often said God does not need a satan to produce saints and this is a catholic doctrine that is still alive today but is absolute rubbish. The bible is full of instances where God does this and that and never does God call upon Satan the prince of evil to help God out in a matter. God creates the evil to do what he wants to do because God is in full control of the world. He rises up kings and causes them to fall, if you feel comfy in saying that he sends satan do to this then, whatever. lol.

7. How did Gideon demonstrate his family values?

He fathered 71 sons through many wives plus a mistress in Shechem. --.Name he called Abimelech." (Judges 8:30-31)

So much for monogamy and fidelity, do you agree?

During times of war the males were killed off, leaving behind females without hope for husbands. So the eligible males living at the time would marry more than one wife. This is not what God prefered but this is rather an example of mankind solving their problems without following Gods laws. today this is not necessary and Gods preference is one man and one woman till death do them part.

8, How many regular sexual partners did King Solomon have?

One thousand sexual partners. --"But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites,Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites . . . And he had seven hundred wives,princesses, and three hundred concubines." (I Kings 11:1-3) Notice that this lifestyle is never denounced by God, Jesus, or the biblical." (Luke 11:31)

Is Solomon’s really the wisest and over sex Man who ever lived? Do you think this is an example of family values from one of God's?

Solomons downfall was his wives. God states in genesis 6:4 that we (the sons of God) are never to take wives of the daughters of men. Solomon did just this and eventually God dismissed solomon and put David in his place as king. You might consider that God has denounced this lifestyle by this example of polygamy. He was wise but when the blood stops going to the brain, men become stupid. lol.

It’s often said, the Bible never contradicts its self, how can that be?

Because God is truth and any contradiction would be a lie.

brotheryochanan

What you posted does not make anything better; no man could live up to everything in the bible, very few to heaven.

What a fearful and flight club way to live, and living in such dark ages

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

interesting point.
        The point is not that we live up to everything in the bible. The bible is Gods tool to show us God and help us understand afterlife and other cool things.
        The point is relationship to jesus christ. I am very confident that i will:
        1) not have any other God become more important than Yahweh
        2) not carve any graven images of God
        3) not take the name of God in vain
        4) not forget the sabbath
        5) honor my mother and father
        6) not murder
        7) not commit adultery
        8) not steal
        9) not bear false witness
        10) not covet my neighbors house, wife, etc.

flight club? i don't understand this term.

As i have mentioned before, its not about living up to a bunch of rules. Its about the spirit of God teaching the individual how to live in the spirit of God. I recently have changed my stance on a certain understanding and i will tell you of it for the example of growth and revelation purposes only.

There is a theology of dispensations... the law (past) and grace (present) and wrath (future) dispensations.... i now purport that grace has always been around. As i read the OT i see God forgiving sins of saints and even in times of judgment, God always says, but if you will turn from your ways i will receive you (generalization). Gods grace has always been around. The rain falls on the saved and unsaved for example. So i reread joel 2:27-29 and acts 2 and a few other places and realized, that which is called the dispensation of grace is really the dispensation of Spirit.
        I enjoyed that correction. My salvation does not depend on whether i know this or not but it is information that i can use. When christians grow we need to be open minded about some of our theologies being improved or expanded upon over time.
        My point i guess is that, its the relationship with Christ that makes the difference not the rules or the congregation around you. Let me give an example: when we get called to the judgment seat of christ ( a god of love also judges) that gathering should be like a family, at the airport shall we say,  reunited with love, glad to see each other, finally.

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That should be one's primary focus.

10. profile image53
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 13 years ago

We only try to live as best we can or know how to, according to our heart beliefs.

11. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Ya' know...you could go straight to any pastor of a Bible-believing church to ask these questions. They are actually trained to answer these type of questions, in order to give you the best answer and a better understanding.

12. Amber Mandala profile image60
    Amber Mandalaposted 13 years ago

You really have to ask, if God created hell, who did God create it for? Those who were creating hell? Which came first?
      If I chose to believe everything that was indoctrinated in me, from my childhood up, I would have to believe.
       1- God is love but is willing to send me and fellow citizens of the earth to hell because I didn't do what a certain belief system told me to do, or simply because I was born here.
       2- Jesus loves me but his dad thinks i'm a s**t for being who he created me to be. Double s**t for being created woman.
       3- It's okay to murder and break that commandment if it's done in the name of God.
       4- I'm not responsible for my decisions because it's either God or the devil making me do it. But will suffer hell if it's the devil making me do it.
       The list goes on and on.
       It might surprise many to know the Bible does contain great truths but also has flaws like most of the human experience does.
        Truth- Luke 17: 20 & 21.
        Flaw- Matt: 28-34 then read Mark 5: 1-20 and Luke8: 26-39
        It may be surprising to know that in the beginning male and female we both created together, in the likeness of God, and both were named Adam, by God. Talk about gender bender. Gen.5: 1& 2.
        Enlightened is not a new age term. It come straight from the Bible. Heb.6: 4
        I'm splitting hairs here to make a point. We are created in the likeness and image of God. Luke 17:20 & 21. Look again.
    We are not poor pathetic humans trying to have a religious moment. We are the spiritual children of God having a human experience.
        As for hell, and this is my opinion based on my beliefs.
    Hell falls under the Law of Attraction. Like attracts like. If you create it you will experience it. It's your creation.
       You can run from heaven and hell but you will never escape you. Ever.
        I have a saying, I've been to heaven and I've been through hell and they have both been powerful teachers.
        Namaste

1. Amber Mandala profile image60
      Amber Mandalaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah, God's name, is Love.  Can it be uttered?

We all can feel love and animal all love too.

Give me the church of love and I will stay and play forever.

1. Amber Mandala profile image60
          Amber Mandalaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, me too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)