What is the Root Cause of Intolerance

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (429 posts)
  1. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I've been here longer than I probably should have been, reading a lot in this forum.  I have come to the conclusion that I have found an answer or two, so I don't begrudge the experience.  I have, at times, been as intolerant as the next person.  It seems to me that the following holds true.

belief= yes to a true or false question.

non beleif= no to a true or false question.

religion=an emotional need to fill in the blanks created by an emotional reaction to a perceived incident.

atheism = an emotional reaction to the action of a person with religion.

evangelism= an emotional need brought about by the arroganct assumption that everyone should have the opportunity to share your perception of reality.

aggressive atheism = an emotioinal reaction brought about by the arrogant assumption that everyone should share this perception of reality.

No one could possibly explain to either side how emotional their argument is.

I have come to the conclusion that both ends of the spectrum are too emotionally attached to their arguments to listen to the other half of their brain.

Does anyone have a different take on this?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Emotion is mostly a good thing, really.
      God is an emotional Being.
      So is Satan.
      Jesus came to divide!  To challenge!  And indeed He has done so.

1. vector7 profile image60
        vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes He has.

smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
          Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And to reconciliate smile

2. dingdondingdon profile image60
      dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you've got atheism wrong. Aggressive atheism is right, yes, but not all of us are atheists because of something a religious person did.

3. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is the (prime root) of 1??

4. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you look at people who ostracize homosexuals, for example, I'd say the root cause of intolerance is a combination of fear, ignorance and narrow-minded clinging to a rigid view.

Many believers believe incorrectly that atheists are evil.

And the other way around ,ok different word, but the animosity is always close to the surface like a volcanic mountain waitin to spew...

I dont think anyone is evil until they commit evil.

Well, we all have sin in us through the bloodline of Adam... Hence the reason Jesus was born by a virgin. The details get complicated but it roots in what God told Satan in Genesis about putting enmity between 'the woman's seed' and him:

Genesis 3:15

15 "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

May have to do some googling.. I'm not an expert, but that's how Jesus was COMPLETELY sin free.

Unlike the rest of mankind as Paul states:

1 Corinthians 15:22

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

smile

1. profile image0

presumably Mary was still a 'sinner', despite being a virgin

1. profile image0
              Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've said my piece in this forum, but I just wanted to offer some clarification of this point...Roman and Eastern rite Catholics for certain (and I believe possibly Orthodox Christians as well [Eastern, Russian, Greek]) believe differently about Mary's sinful nature than Protestant denominations do.  The mainline, NON-Catholic Christian believes that Mary was a virgin, but just like everyone else otherwise, i.e., born under original sin and all that. 

The Roman and Eastern rite Catholics believe in the Immaculate Conception - which means that Mary was conceived without sin.  Since she was intended from conception to carry the human incarnation of God, it was imperative that she be free from all stain of sin, so by grace, God conceived her that way.  She was sinless, like Christ, but by GRACE from God - not by nature as Christ was.

1. profile image0

Thanks for this explanation.
                Are you sure that's what it means?
                ...I always thought that the Immaculate Conception was referring only to Jesus's conception, not Mary's!  That's how I believe it anyway, as does the Christian community.

You said they believe "God conceived HER that way".......
                How can that even make sense to even a Catholic?   Because wouldn't that mean, according to Catholicism's view, that Mary's parents (or at least her mother) was...sinless...?  And/or that she also, like Jesus, had no earthly biological father?   And by that, her grandmother would've had to have been sinless, correct?

This doesn't compute!  Not even in the wildest imagination....

1. dingdondingdon profile image60

Oh dear. No. The Immaculate Conception refers to the conception of Mary. She was born without any sin on her. That's why she is sometimes referred to as Immaculata.

It's quite bad when an atheist knows more about your religion than you do. sad

1. profile image0

You wrongly assume that I'm Catholic.  Well, I'm not.
                    The Holy Bible says nothing about Mary being sinless nor divine.

Why don't you save your insults for someone who wants to hear 'em?

2. profile image0

Yes, I'm certain I understand it correctly.  Very few Christians (or even Catholics) actually do understand it that way.  Jesus did not need to be immaculately conceived, as He was sinless by nature.  Mary's earthly parents were indeed sinners (as the definition is traditionally understood by believing Christians).  But, God, by grace - removed from Mary the stain of original sin passed down through human parentage to cleanse her and make her a fit vessel to hold the His human incarnation in her womb.  As to that meaning that her earthly parents would have had to be sinless, this isn't the case.  It computes because it is God ultimately responsible for the act of conception - therefore, despite the sinfulness of Mary's earthly parents, it is quite possible that the God of the bible, known to often do the impossible, created Mary different from the rest of us for His express purpose.  Much like when a Christian is saved, she is made sinless in the eyes of God, due to accepting the gift of God's grace - same here.  Only this gift of grace was given to Mary prior to her birth. 

And God's indeed is the wildest of wild imaginations.  smile

Immaculate Conception=Mary
                  Virgin Birth=Jesus

1. profile image0

So, that theory of her sinlessness (not just her virginity) is why Catholics tout her as the "Mother of God" and worship her?

And yes of course God's doings are the wildest! ha

But there's no valid reason that He would've had to make Mary sinless, since in fact Jesus's Father (God) is sinless, but Jesus's human side WAS subject to temptation of sin.  Jesus was sinless, yes, because he resisted temptation in every way.  Remember, he had the opportunity to sin if he wanted to.  God led him away to be tempted by Satan.

The whole concept of Mary as touted by the Catholic Church has served only to (in their eyes) elevate her above Jesus!

2. profile image0
                    hemustincreaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There has only ever been three sinless human beings. Adam and Eve, before the fall and Christ Jesus, God incarnate.

Mary, the mother of Jesus was a sinner no less than any other.

Did you know that God places emphasis upon the ‘blood’ as being the life of a person? It is through ‘blood’ that sin is inherited and it has been through blood that sin is cleansed. Ultimately the ‘blood’ of Christ. (There is so much to be said about ‘blood’ from the Scriptures which add greatly to this discussion, but i am going to pass it all over for the sake of brevity and concentrate upon Mary alone.)

For Christs ‘blood’ to be capable of cleansing us from sin, it had to be sinless. Did you know that a pregnant woman does not give a single drop of her blood to the unborn baby? The babies blood supply is 100% separate to the mother. She passes essential nutrients to the unborn baby but all of his blood is developed in the embryo itself. From the time of conception to the time of birth, not one single drop of blood passes from the mother to the child. An egg by itself cannot develop. Only when a sperm enters the ovum and a foetus begins to develop does blood appear. It is the sperm which brings the ‘life’ (blood) to the egg.

Mary was created the exact same wonderful way as all the rest of us ladies. But a sinner the exact same as us too. In all other human births a sperm from the father is required in order to create the blood of the unborn babe. And through this blood ‘sin’ is inherited. The Lord Jesus inherited NO sin whatsoever, because there was NO sperm involved. His blood came from His Father. It was nothing to do with His earthly mother and He had no earthly father. God created women in truly amazing ways. Through a woman sin entered the world. But through the miracle of pregnancy which only a woman can achieve, salvation came. Mary was a sinner. But her sinful blood never touched the sinless baby in her womb. The virgin birth is a miracle. But the reality behind the Lord being sinless is scientifically proven (for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see).

5. tritrain profile image69
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ignorance and lack of empathy are the root causes of intolerance.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, I was simply referring to the intolerance in this forum. In my opinion, you are correct; in your statement as regards intolerance, in general.

1. tritrain profile image69
          tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oops.  My mistake.

smile

1. profile image0

No.  My mistake.  Thinking that pointing out the obvious in the religious forum might do some good.  I think they simply enjoy the conflict.  If they're having fun, who am I to judge? smile

Hey JC youre lookin pretty darn cute these days -cool pic!

1. profile image0

Thanks. I started coughing up hairballs. Thought the change of avatar would more accurately reflect my mood. smile

6. Cheeky Girl profile image67
      Cheeky Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The root cause of Intolerance is Ignorance. The root cause of Ignorance is Fear. The root cause of Fear is lack of Love. The root cause of Lack of Love is bad parenting - or Ignorance, rinse and repeat...

The root cause of...

Hey Cheeky where have you been!!!!

Good logic (as always) short n sweet smile

2. Joy56 profile image66
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi cheeky girl, i totally agree, you just saved  me lots of time typing my answer

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
        Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am intolerant of religious teachings that teach you to hate others not because of ignorance but because of the harm it does to society.

7. Jesus was a hippy profile image61

Religion is following doctrines.

Atheism is the lack of belief in any religion.

Agressive atheism? what the hell is that?

Are you just talking about agressive people that just so happened to be atheist? I think you are and I think you are confused about what atheism is.

It is simply the lack of belief in any god. You dont believe in Vishnu so that makes you an atheist to vishnu. It doesnt mean you have emotions about Vishnu. That would be silly since you dont even believe he exists.

1. profile image0

Not confused..I see you are new here. Wait a while. It will all become clear. smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

I agree with you ,since I have met aggressive and angry people who happen to be Atheists or Christian.

I dont know whether its a Hubpages thing or an Internet thing ,but people who dont like what you have to say seem to be alot ruder than I suspect they would be in real life ,perhaps thats an incorrect assumption on my part.

Lack of maturity ,name calling,mockery etc.

3. profile image0

Aggressive atheism appears to me to be the flip side of  an agressive evangelical. It seems to have an unhealthy emotional interest in the subject that leads it to argue ridiculous points with a vehemence that defies the notion that it is looking at the problem pragmatically.

Lighten up. Sheesh. I know you probably feel the butt of some cosmic joke. Who wouldn't? I mean, if I was a polar bear with the head of a duck I'd be mad about it too. Have a little faith. You might get to be a centaur in your next life. That would be cool, and well worth the embarassment suffered in your current incarnation. Don't you think? smile

8. profile image58
      JackSummersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ignorance.

9. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is true; the atheists often resort to ridicule and derision which proves that your above comments are true.

2. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I disagree. The lack of tolerance from those who don't accept the invisible entity story has come about from seeing religious fanatics start post after post for years now, with titles that were so loaded itwas like being asked "Are  you still beating your wife?
    It eventually infuriated many people who tried to stop them spreading their hate.
    No "atheists" (another loaded word) has ever told a religionist they are going to rot in hell.

Also there is the quality of the 2,000 year old fantasy itself.
    Of all the stupid stories that could be concocted to support an omnipresent omnipotent omniscient god the bible is pitifully out of step.
    In reality it presents a neurotic psychopathic murderer of most of the human race, who has made thousands of threats throughout the book, and for some unknown reason goes bananas when he is not being idolized, adored and prayed to, has never appeared at any of the catastrophes the bible claims he makes to help those dying in agony because of what he has done, which is explained away as "they were the sinner", not one prayer answered out of billions daily for 2,000 years, no reason for any god anyway. Gee I wonder why we get fed up with getting fed this tripe?
    Not intolerant, just sick of megalomania posing as love by those who wish to live in the past and pretend to be more important than those who don't believe it.
    Just my take on it. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnest you wont rot in hell but you might grow mold in heck wink
      (was told that once a very long time ago now)

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol I found that very funny! lol lol lol
        Needed a good belly laugh thanks!

Glad I could be of assistance big_smile

2. dingdondingdon profile image60

I agree with the majority of your post but I disagree that atheist is inherently a loaded word. It just means "one who is not a theist (believer in deity/ies)". I feel that describes me pretty accurately.

I was not clear in saying that I feel it is a loaded word. I should have said the word has become loaded in the way religionists misuse it.
        I don't call myself an atheist, it gives weight to the arguments of those who see it as a counter religion. I am a simple non believer in my eyes, I don't need to be anything else to see the bible the way I do. I know it well, and I would rather trust the data in Alice in wonderland. smile

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

What is the root cause of intolerance?

I strongly believe the root cause is the desire to tell someone else how to live, what to think, and how to feel. Control. The desire to control another leads to intolerance. Oddly that sort of thing is met with what? Intolerance! Tell me why I should believe blah blah blah and I will tell you why blah blah blah is wrong, and around and around we go, ain't this ol merry go round fun!

Thing is, on this forum for instance I have never asked what anyone's religious affiliation, yet for most people here it is impossible not to know their religious affiliation. I am told they are not pushing their religion yet post after post is put up airing their religious views for all to see, then complain when anyone says they disagree. The desire for some to be victims is sadly high, just what God needs, another victim!

1. Moonchild60 profile image74
      Moonchild60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fear plain and simple. It is at the root of most irrational behavior.

4. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

Intolerance comes from emotion part is right...but i believe intolerance comes from insecurity...

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image61

So secure people would have been tolerant of hitler and saddam hussein?

5. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

@Just curious.

I agree with your summation of the reasons for religious intolerance.

With regard to antheism, I don't agree.

The anger of atheists has come about, not because they want to convert religious people to their thinking, but because they are constantly bombarded by religious people who want to 'save' them. Everywhere they go, they see this message. Every forum they join is dominated by religious people spouting what should be a privately held opinion. Of course, they can't do that because their religious says that they won't be saved unless they witness! So, they have to bombard everybody who else who head the same thing from 30 people the day before (well, just using hyperbole here to emphasize my point).

And, yes, it is an emotional reaction. I know that I have it. I'm sick and tired of the perpetual bombarding of Christianity. They have no respect whatsoever that other people might like to stop hearing from them, and it never, never, never, occurs to them that they might be mistaken.

1. dingdondingdon profile image60

I actually think that it does occur to them that they might be mistaken. I think that's why atheists and agnostics make them so angry, because the more militant Christians struggle quite hard with doubt and our existence just reflects their own doubt right back to them.

6. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

lack of fairly distributed alcoholic resources to the masses causes frustration and man's hatred for man

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

insightful and accurate.
      but no solutions in sight.
      The nature of many disavows alcoholic beverages for the many - least they too feel that delicious feeling... smile

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i have a dream...

a chicken in every pot...

and a bottle in every hand

1. profile image0

Mmmm. Coq au Vin? I could live with that!

2. profile image0

I'm with you Greek.  If everyone could just get a damn beer and a place around the firepit, life would indeed by much better and man would indeed be less hate-filled.

3. earnestshub profile image81

I reckon we should bring back prohibition. It solved the distribution problem for 13 years!
      See religious beliefs do work! smile

7. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years ago

trolling = the emotional need to create conflict and discord by posting inflammatory nonsense.

Little wonder your religion causes so many wars. sad

More accusations? I thought those created conflict?

I love you Mark..

big_smile

8. Vala Faye profile image61
    Vala Fayeposted 13 years ago

Fear.

Simple, instinctual, self-preservative fear.

Kept us from getting eaten by predators who aren't known to us,and out of harm's way by distancing ourselves from those who were behaving in an to us incomprehensible way.

Intolerance stems almost from xenophobia.

Tolerance is the result of demystifying your fear and enlightenment.

1. Maembe profile image59
      Maembeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed Vala.  It really doesn't have anything to do with religion.  People simply use religion as an easy way to justify their hatred.

Wisdom there.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
          Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.

Precisely.

smile

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

My 2cents worth : Forum Headings

There is a Religious and Beliefs Category, along with several other catergories.

Not sure what the percentage/stats would be for any one catergory ,but I would think if Atheists were feeling intolerant of Christians ,then they would start their own post ,or use some logic and just not visit the threads they dont like?

I know I usually only frequent threads that interest or titilate my senses.

Just curious , in reply to your OP though ,I think the root cause of Intolernce is evident in both camps and probably has its roots in 'doesnt play well with others'  lol

1. profile image0

There's a difference between intolerance and anger as a result of intolerance. Religious people don't tolerate (i.e. allow people who are not believers to live their lives in peace without interference). What is happening now is a backlash against it, i.e. anger.

The worm has finally turned.

Maybe worms should stay clear of high flying birds then wink

1. profile image0

Difficult when the high flying birds keep pursuing the humble worm...

Humble lol Oh missed that worm,wasnt on my shift.

1. profile image0

It's difficult to see, I agree, when one is perched on such a dizzy height... smile

2. profile image0

Ah.  There's that vengeance again.
        You sound like Reverend Wright.  Taking pleasure in seein uncalled-for vengeance being reeked upon people who are doing nothing wrong.

The root cause of anti-Christians' intolerance is rebellion, pure and simple.  The root cause of conservative/Christians' intolerance is common sense.  There are things we should not tolerate, as individuals and as groups and as a Nation.
        But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you, Sophia, seeing as how you claim no allegiance to any Country?

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doing nothing wrong? Interference in someone's life isn't your place. It's wrong. What part do you not understand about your own actions?
          It's not rebellion at all, you dress it up as that. Those who are non-believers want to be left alone. Get it?

1. profile image0
            SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really?  The list of the most active in this forum is below.

MOST ACTIVE IN THIS FORUM
            just_curious
            paarsurrey
            Beelzedad
            Mark Knowles
            Castlepaloma
            vector7
            Cagsil
            earnestshub
            Eaglekiwi
            pisean282311

How many of these are believers and how many are not?  If they truly want to be left alone, they would stay away from where they feel they are not wanted.

In answering the OP.  Many are intolerant because they feel they are superior in some way.  Some believe themselves to be more intelligent and think others are fools.  Some think their life experiences apply to everyone and should be followed.

Not many are intolerant of sin. Only believers are.  Most who post here believe they have no sin.  In other words, everything they do is good and will always be good no matter what it is that they do.  They believe themselves to be perfect while proclaiming humility.  Reminds me of an old song I used to hear on the radio.  "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way."

It's a public forum, something you seem to overlook? Nice try.

1. profile image0

Yes it is indeed a public forum.  But look over their posts.  Constantly accusing believers of posting hatred and being condescending when they are doing the attacking and making condescending remarks. Passive aggressive posts come from non believers also while accusing believers of being passive aggressive. 

Constant insults come from some non believers and when someone raises up and calls them on it, that person is spreading hate and fear.

Definition of HYPOCRITE

1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Not all hypocrites are believers.

I post more than anyone else in the forums, and you're telling me to look over their posts, like I don't already do that. lol
                  I've read my share, however, believers don't help themselves.
                  What is it with people and the usage of "passive aggressive" wording- it's an oxymoron and an illusion. It's either passive or aggressive? One or the other, but cannot be both.
                  Insults? Are subjective based on one's inability to deal or accept self.

Again, it's a public forum. It's part of membership of Hubpages.

Anything else? If that's all you have, then you have nothing.

You digging more holes Cag??

You're something else.. Conflicts just follow you everywhere.. lol

I love you Cag..

smile

Sir Dent calling it like he sees it smile

2. profile image0

Trying to answer a question like the OP - "What is the Root Cause of Intolerance?" is not well served by simply providing an example of it - intolerance, I mean, not its root cause.  <Sigh>

This is exactly what keeps any of us from ever being able to have a conversation.  We can only ever debate, argue, discuss.  We can never simply exchange thoughts or ideas, as conversation is meant to do.  The minute someone offers an idea or a thought contrary to one of our own, we attempt to eviscerate them verbally.  Or, like children often do - stomp our feet, glare at them, and tell them we don't like them anymore and they should go away.

1. profile image0

If you look at my previous post you will see that is part of the answer I gave to what Cagsil wrote. 

My answer to the OP was below it.

In answering the OP.  Many are intolerant because they feel they are superior in some way.  Some believe themselves to be more intelligent and think others are fools.  Some think their life experiences apply to everyone and should be followed.

Not many are intolerant of sin. Only believers are.  Most who post here believe they have no sin.  In other words, everything they do is good and will always be good no matter what it is that they do.  They believe themselves to be perfect while proclaiming humility.  Reminds me of an old song I used to hear on the radio.  "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way."

I remember that song, it was pretty funny. I haven't heard it for a while, but it was good for a laugh. smile
                  I don't think denying religion has anything to do with thinking we are perfect though, or that we are never wrong. smile

2. profile image0

SirDent, with very sincere respect, I read through every post on the forum prior to making my own.  I even read through your original response to the OP.  I pulled the particular statement that I did, though, because it sort of illustrates how an actual attempt at discussion becomes intolerant.  I had no intention of insulting you - just to show that even in talking of the root cause of intolerance, we can rarely be tolerant.  And she didn't ask about the intolerance of sin - she asked about intolerance in general.  Everyone's need to come out on top turned it into something different. 

Again, my apologies if my post appeared insulting in any way.  It certainly wasn't intended to.  The assumption that I didn't read the entire thread, though, was a bit unwarranted.

smile

3. profile image0

I don't believe I'm perfect.  I also don't believe I'm rotten to the core

1. profile image0

Anytime a person claims a moral high ground, they imply that they are perfect.  Anytime a believer is ridiculed for their belief, the person doing the ridiculing is making a claim to be more perfect.

No one said you were rotten to the core.  Christianity says all men  are sinners but God made a way out.  All one must do is believe in Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead while confessing it with your mouth.

3. Woman Of Courage profile image60

SirDent, You hit the nail right on the mark on both replies. This is a public forum, but no one has a right to barge in to attack chistians because of their faith. Everything the unbelievers are accusing christians of is a reflection of themselves. I have not seen one post where a christian have atacked a unbeliever because they do not believe that God exist.

1. profile image0

you can't be very observant then

I am more observant than what you think Bailey. Feel free to show me a reply from a christian who personally attacked an atheist for not believing God exist. Do you believe an atheist is entitled to attack a christian because of their faith?

1. profile image0

I've been called Beelzebub, schitzo, judgemental, hateful, bitter, unable to love, liar, Hitler by HP christians here because they didn't like what I said. Pretty sure you used some of those words too

2. profile image0

you asked for some examples:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/55350#post1259738
                    "Atheists are evil. Anyone who denies God is evil. I watch these forums but rarely comment and the Atheists are incredibly nasty. I rarely see a hateful comment from a Christian but the Atheists specialize in hate. Then by transference they accuse Christians of being "haters.""

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/55278#post1256761
                    "Hi sandra, you seem to have experience some painful things in your life, and it has cause you to be very bitter. "

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70468#post1542599
                    I can't take trying to explain things to someone who is so hateful towards God in the first place"
                    "et sometimes I hear you having the capacity to judge and denergrade Christians ,that you do not know either?"

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/50349#post1163379
                    Wonder which one of our resident Satan whisperers you are really?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/64181

"This is a shameful, demeaning section that smacks of being inspired by demons....This kind of thought can only come from the blackest of hearts." (to Joyous)
                    "Don't mind the insults from the demon-possessed." (on Magnoliaz's Hitler hub)
                    "Beelzebub wrote: (then quoted me)...You are not simply misinformed; You are lying throught your teeth...You have served your master well."

4. vector7 profile image60

"How many of these are believers and how many are not?"

I'm a believer!!

smile

I couldnt leave her ,if I tried (oops wrong thread) lol

I love God and Im not perfect (Hes not finished with me yet)

Yea I think I said before ' I go to the threads I'm interested in'

P.S Sir D, Do we get a prize smile

1. profile image0

Jesus has your reward waiting for you.  smile

Thank you very much Sir Dent for proving my point. I love it. lol

Does a lil victory dance~~~

Do I get a Amen!! smile

5. profile image0

half on the list are believers, but I doubt they believe exactly what you believe

6. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That speaks volumes for Christian intolerance, SirDent. smile

2. profile image0

@Brenda. Are you real?

1. profile image0

For sure.
            I even was listed on the latest U.S. Census, and for 50-some years before that.  The better question isn't whether I'm real or not; it's more like.....what about you?  roll

1. profile image0

I'm surprised.

2. profile image0

I'm surprised.

1. profile image0

I'm not at all surprised that, me having answered your questions several times on this, you have consistently ignored my questions.
                Whatever!  Silence is sometimes an answer in itself.

1. profile image0

@Brenda, I paid you the utmost respect (as I would anybody before responding to them) and going to your  hubpage profile reading up about you, plus reading a few of your articles.

My conclusion is that you are not the kind of person one can discuss anything with. You so completely believe the myths that have been sold to you that it is impossible to have a rational conversation with you. If you will insist that just because you believe something, and just because you have had certain feelings, and just because a 2000 year old book (that has been rewritten many times makes you right, then it is impossible for anyone to discuss anything with you. You're completely closed to questioning your own belief system.

Ergo, I'm sorry, i can't talk to you.

No disrespect intended.

I admire your zeal to do good for others, but I believe it is the bible that says that misplaced zeal is not the wisest thing on earth.

"My conclusion is that you are not the kind of person one can discuss anything with."

Nonsense.. Many, many of us discuss many, many things with Brenda and find no problems.

It's the accusations that we're fools because of our beliefs that makes things difficult for you. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

smile

10. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Root cause of intolerance: I am better than you.

1. profile image0

!!!!

2. vector7 profile image60

i.e. 

Pride??

Agreed.

smile

11. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I have never meet a person that isn't intolerant for something or someone.

Some people just like that feling SOooo much that this is where they focus all of their attention ... thus creating HELL for themselves and everyone in their immediate enviroment.

So,  Yes I would say that the fires of HELL are contained within the spirit of mankind.
       And just like a big ole belly laff; they can't controll it.

12. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years ago

My opinion is worth little in the grand scheme of things, and worth even less in the world of the HubPages forum, but personally, just_curious, I think it all boils down to our amazing ability as human beings to generalize.  I've seen it in this thread and countless others.  Certain posters responding to the posts of others generalize that because one person said such-and-such, then they believe all of this-and-that as well.  So, with no regard for what that person might actually believe about everything they believe, the posters argue, debate, accuse, ridicule, and yes - attack - the poster to whom they're responding.  My opinion is that most human beings do not want to understand.  They want to win.  They want to be right.  And, they will tell anyone at all who may speak or think differently about any issue at all that they are wrong - thus achieving their goal.

One of the posters in this thread, for example, is very adamant about how ALL of one group does a specific thing ALL the time.  My question is:  does that person know EVERY SINGLE PERSON who happens to claim a label that places them in that group?  My guess is no.  So, how is it then, that that poster is able to speak for not only all of THAT group, but all of the group he/she appears to claim the label of?

It's a generalization issue - and, in my opinion, an "I wanna win at whatever cost," issue.

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am guilty of that! My BF tells me all the time, "You always have to be right!"

Good analysis M2C!

1. profile image0

Thank you, lovemychris.  It just seems to make the most sense to me.  We're just people - all of us.  No better than anyone else.  I fear that's the actual cause of such behavior.  Some of us recognize that and try desperately to BE better.  Being better than someone else is often far less work than just being ourselves.

Motown, Agreed. I have read several posters on the forums stating that all christians think they are better than others. It's called sterotype, assuming everyone is just alike.

Did ya remember to water the spring frecks.

I think mine are spreading a little, so I figure by 2012, they will have all joined up an vola ,mercy me 'Im a new creation' smile
          Eat ya heart out J'Lo!

1. profile image0

Hahaha!  I have, in fact, with hubby's reminders, been watering them.  Growing quite nicely, btw.  smile

13. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

All I will say is this. I can understand where both parties are coming from on this, but the one thing that pisses me off is this.  It seems all these people whine and gripe about religious forums are always the same people who contribute to it more than everyone else.  Not only that, but their logic is too much of a double standard if you ask me.  As i seem to recite one atheist say it's their right to teach their belief in there's no god to others, as it spreads peace; while condemning other religions for passing their views onto others.  Can anyone besides me see the double standard logic besides me? I know I can't be the only one that observes this. Look, my thoughts are is this.  WHO CARES! You want to believe in a god, then fine believe in one.  If you don't, then don't.  Nobody puts a gun to your head to believe in god, or not.  And please don't bring up how over the years people have been killed for not believing in a certain type of god, as I'm well aware of it.  However, i'm damn sure it doesn't apply to everyone in this forum, as i'm sure nobody is putting a gun personally to YOUR head at this time, so it's irrelevant. 

Besides, what a person believes in is nobodies business but their own.  Hell, I'm a christian, and I've been friends with people that were into voodoo, wicca and various other religions, and it never bothered me.  the only thing we expected of each other was respect.  i don't think that's too much to ask for right?  Hell, i even met quite a few atheists in real life that i have a lot of respect for.  however, we never try to pass our beliefs onto each other, as we all respect each other's differences.  Get the point?

as one hubber eluded to, their right. it is an online public forum, where anyone can participate if they like.  however, it doesn't mean you have to.  if you don't like something, then don't participate in it.  this is just like the michael moore thread, where I told people that the more you talk about the man, the more you're giving him what he wants.  Want to know why?  because statistically speaking, the michael moore haters see his films more often than the fans do.  Therefore, you're actually helping him by talking about him.  however, everyone on that thread seemed to have ignored that comment and blew it off as nonsense.  however, it still reigns true.  for if we just ignored him, then he'd go away, and you wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. 

same thing with religious forums.  don't like it?  don't participate in it.  it'll die out with less followers of those threads, and you won't have to worry about them anymore. However, what do i know, right?

1. profile image0

Well said.

Bet that felt good to get off youre chest lol

Just teasin ,well written, and gotta love the logic.

2. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks motown. smile

"However, what do i know, right?"

I'll answer that.. You know a good bit worth sharing. 
      I think I'll second all of that except for three four letter words.. lol

Excellent post.

smile

1. profile image0

Thanks vector. I appreciate the high praise.  To be honest, I was kind of on the fence posting that, but I'm glad I did.

3. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bang on Steven.  Oh, I heard this works with trolls and sock puppets too.  smile  lol

1. profile image0

thanks beth. that means a lot coming from a lovely lady such as yourself. wink  yeah, you're right. i guess it can work for those things too, as that's a good point. lol smile

4. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Great points in your reply Stevennix. smile

Bet that felt good to get off youre chest

Just teasin ,well written, and gotta love the logic.

( posted this under someone else's post)

Got all befuddled lol

2. profile image0

Thanks WOC. I appreciate the compliment smile

@eaglekiwi

it's okay. i know you were busy doing your little dance, so there's no worries. wink

lol oh youuuu lol

For the record this ole girls still got some moves~

1. profile image0

lol I'm sure you do. wink

Kiwi is a nut.. 

wink

A Kiwi Nut, now theres a nifty spin for Planters lol

There's a new link to a page I found about Hell on my homepage.

Crazy...

14. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

root causeS of intolerance = ignorance, closed mindedness, control over others, selfishness, disrespect

basically it's all about the ME factor

1. profile image0

Pretty much what I said - just a much more condensed version.  Great answer.

2. profile image0

Yep, as always Beth, your responses are always spot on.  smile

15. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hmmmm...looks like everyone is happy with themselves. lol

What a priceless thread. lol lol Just too cool.

It certainly was a pleasurable learning event. I love it. lol

16. Cagsil profile image71

*basks in knowing and seeing....

Anyone else want to contribute.....I'm just loving this. lol

17. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

Well Intolerance develops over time.

There is a possible genetic link to lactase deficiency (lactase is the enzyme that digests lactose in milk, I think).
    It could also be caused by injury to the small intestine.

Best to avoid milk based products if you have the symptoms.

18. Cagsil profile image71

lol lol It's truly amazing how little the religious actually know about their own religion. lol lol

Boy this thread is getting better and better all the time. lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Man - I love it when 2 religionists get into fighting about wot god sed.

Still - at least they have stopped burning each other at the stake for it. lol

Go Protestants!!!!!

1. profile image0

I didn't see anyone fighting.
        Discussing, yes.

Boy, you and Cags are so easily entertained!

I had cake-cheesecake for breakfast this morning.  Does that tickle you two?  Or does that bristle your intolerant personalities?  LOL

Intolerant? lol lol

Gays and liberals? lol

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Brenda, They don't seem to know the difference of a discussion and a fight. smile

1. profile image0

No kidding!  hmm
            And many of them like to instigate a fight when there is none,  and/or compound any argument that does come up.

Well...I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a quote of what I might've said that Baileybear likes to spread around with his or her own interpretation attached to it.
            I've searched several old threads, but so far haven't found it.

If Baileybear or anyone can find the exact quote and refer me to it via the exact thread, unedited, then I will discuss it with anyone.   

But in the meantime, it's very annoying to be accused like Baileybear has accused me.   But getting very boring too.

I remember that particular thread if I am not mistaken, but I can't recall the exact title. The word gays was used in the title. Maybe someone will found it.

2. profile image0

Brenda, as for these 'accusations' against you, I merely didn't agree with WOC's opinion that you are 'compassionate & down-to-earth'.

I find it ironic that christians ask atheists to show tolerance for their belief in an invisible being & get told they are going to hell, yet christians like yourself do not show much tolerance for gays & catholics with the comments you've made.  eg this thread

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70992#post1549529

Brenda:

"There is nothing I or anyone can do about it now.  It would be good if we could!  But there is no hope.
              "If Tyler were still alive and I had the opportunity to tell him anything, I'd tell him that there is forgiveness for those who repent of any sin, and that he's very talented and has the same chance as anyone else of living a well-balanced, joyful life.  I'd tell him that everyone at some time does something shameful and wrong
              f you are to say that they knew it was wrong, and that it was a deliberate act of assault to put the video online, then.....the young person who died also knew that what he was doing was wrong, and should be responsible for his own actions too.
              "The truth is that I think it's a horribly sad situation, and I have compassion for Tyler.   But it's too late to do anything about his mindset now.
              I would've hoped that he would've been taught that there is forgiveness to be had for all sins, and that he would have somehow found the way to resolve his inner conflict."

Replies to Brenda:   "No, I pointed out exactly what you said, with your words as you wrote them in response to the OP--that is the original subject to which I am still trying to stick and from which you are still trying to run.  As usual.  Any rancor you detect is born of your flagrant refusal to see the paradoxical nature of your "loving" desire to see the "sinners choose the right path" while admitting that you wouldn't allow them choose that path were it determined to be genetically possible to do so. In a small child or even a teenager, this sort of willful ill-logic is easily dismissed, but in someone of, in theory, adult age who is as active as you are, it's dangerous and must be countered with reason and a type of goodwill that does not come with so many strings."
              "Wrong. I insisted nothing about that kid because I couldn't (and still haven't) gotten you past the point of your paradoxical position yet.

"And frankly, you using his first name with such casual familiarity, acting like you care in the same breath you tacitly condemn him to hell is nauseating.

"All I can do is stare into my screen and shake my head in awe when I read the things you say.

" I would tell him that the world is full of snakes and vipers who will pretend to care about him, but whose love comes with conditions and judgments.  I would tell him not to listen to them, to ignore those whose dark hearts are masked by saccharin words of pseudo-piety, poison that drips acidic from the fanged mouths of hypocrites and fools and falls hissing at his feet.  I would tell him he should be strong and push through the difficult time of youth, when the opinions of others weigh most heavily, and that there are many who will truly love him, despite what some hateful people say, especially those who corrupt the memory of Jesus and try to steal his glory for themselves.  That's what I'd tell him."

"???!!!

Put his shoes on, be video taped while you have sex with someone and then state clearly what that feels like. How far from the bridge would you stay?"

"Conscience bothering him. That is just twisted.
              Your bigotry on this subject is sadly very well documented throughout HP forums. Not only are you constantly beating a dead horse you are also constantly wrong in doing so. "Tyler" was doing whatever he was doing in the privacy of his own space. He had every reason and every right to expect it to remain private. The fact that your own perverted sense of right and wrong leads you to believe that his being engaged in homosexuality gave these no doubt good upstanding christians the right to invade that privacy is not only truly sad but horrifying. "

1. profile image0

I stand by my post.

The part about "there is no hope" is based on the fact that, after a person is dead, there is no more opportunity to repent of sins.  That must be done while a person lives and breathes and is able to make decisions.
                Now, of course apparently no one besides God knows whether Tyler accepted Christ before he died.  So, in that sense, his loved ones who are still alive can, of course, hold onto the hope that possibly he did get forgiveness at the last minute or second, or that God will hold him unaccountable because of his mental state at the time.  That I don't know, and only God does!

And in that other thread, I did indeed hold those other two young people ALSO responsible for THEIR actions.

Thanks Joy56, and Woman of Courage as always, and SirDent and anyone else who input some common sense and Biblical fact into the controversy.

All that being said, and with the clarifications I posted, I think I've been about as tolerant of the accusations and anti-Christian posts as I'm gonna be.   The modern liberal call for "tolerance" isn't all it's cracked-up to be, because there are many things a person should NOT tolerate.  The reactions in this thread have proven that it is indeed non-believers who are more intolerant than Christians, for sure!  I now exercise my right to be intolerant of false accusations and anti-Christian sentiment if I wish.  Meaning, for right now at least, I'm gonna go find better threads to read, hopefully avoiding anymore of that ilk from you Baileybear or whoever else.

Brenda, The things you would have told Tyler if you had the opportunity reveals that you are indeed compassionate. Everything you have written is just common sense. The reactions in this thread have proven that it is indeed some unbelievers are intolerant of christians in the first place. You are right. I don't know anyone who tolerates everything. One should ask if they do not understand something before jumping to false conclusions. May the force be with you. Praise God. smile

2. profile image0

meanwhile, your belief is that Tyler went to hell for homosexuality.  Yet, you say you have compassion.  Or is that sympathy, because he didn't 'get saved' first? 

Your beliefs and personal opinions are just that - based on interpretation of your 'holy book'.  They are not facts that all people must live by.

Bailey, I am sorry, but you need to wake up or visit Lenscrafters. Where do you you see in my reply that I believe he went to hell?? I have no idea if Tyler repented and accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior before he committed suicide. It's not nice of you to put words in my mouth and spread lies. It seems you are holding a grudge against Brenda and I and you are determined to tear us down. It's not going to work. We love God and we love people. Lastly, the holy bible is factual with Godly morals for everyone to live by whether they choose to or not. When we live by Godly morals, things work out well. With self-made moral, nothing gets accomplished. Take a look at the world around you.

Is called provocation smile

That is how you see. wink Not surprising. smile

No, is how Webster sees it lol

Which influences how you see. wink tongue

Who is the authority Cags ,on word defination that is ? tongue

(Actually I grew up using the Oxford Dictionary) but I think for Americans it would be Webster?)

2. profile image0

and you don't provoke? 

In my book it's standing up against hypocrisy & double-standards.

3. Cagsil profile image71

Hey WOC, don't put me into the same category with Mark. He is an atheist and I am not. Do try to keep up.

Ok, I have noticed you said that before. Isn't an atheist someone who doesn't believe God exist? hmm

An Atheist has a clear definition for a specific ideology. Atheist have a belief that no god exist.

I am of no belief whatsoever on the topic. I've no religion affiliation whatsoever and depending on what country you are in- Atheism is a religion, determined by government classification.

Let me make sure I get this straight. You believe that you are your own God right?

My understanding is the word "god" is just a metaphor. I am my own authority and I rule myself through proper use of my conscience.

Metaphor "god" = Self Mastery. Master of self, knowing/understanding/acceptance/love of self.

Hope that clears up any confusion. wink

2. profile image0

Mark, I didn't realize that answering a question that was posed sincerely was participating in a fight.  She asked, I answered.  No more, no less.  You might notice that neither of us has drawn a sword to lop off the others' head - but I'm fairly sure you won't be looking that closely.

Dear me. You obviously do not know what Brenda thinks of Catholics.

But sure - Katholics never fought anyone and your religion is not nonsense.  Like I said - at least you have stopped burning people at the stake for not believing nonsense.

Oh wait - that doesn't matter any more right? lol

1. profile image0

Yup - I know exactly what Brenda thinks of Catholics.  She stated it quite clearly during our conversation.

What matters to me is now and what comes next. 

It very obviously still matters to you.

Be well.

smile

Yes it does. I am a keen student of history and see you repeating the same things now. It matters to me what comes next - but I prefer to learn from the past.

Pity you don't. sad

Be realistic and honest.

1. profile image0

I strive to be both realistic and honest.  It is apparently my failing that you do not recognize the effort. 

When you know me, I will gratefully accept your pity.  Until then, I will simply continue to wish you well in your endeavors.

Realistic and Invisible Super Beings do not go well together. I don't pity you at all. What makes you think that?

1. profile image0

I misread....rather you find me pitiful.  In that case, by all means, carry on.

And, while I know that you would love for me to get into a deep and meaningful discussion about my inability to accept reality, I'm too lazy to put that much effort into a discussion with you.  As I said in my initial response to the OP, I'm not in it to win it.  That ultimately means that playing with me will be no fun for you.

Cheers.

Dont worry Motown in my country thats called sh ** stirring.

Quite pathetic isnt it.

Some people must seriously too much time on their hands.

I have thoroughly enjoyed hearing you and Brenda discuss beleivers and their alternative/mainstream  values.

Oh I get it unbelievers are here to learn smile way to go kids!

Yeah, we learn, but not what you think. Plus, we're entertained. lol

1. profile image0

Ah, well, at least we excel at providing solid entertainment.  smile

Learning is good for the edifying of souls.

Laughter is indeed the best medicine.

Ive sure laughed my head off,bent down to pick it up ,and laughed some more smile

I like you Cags,and Earnest even Mark ,Sir Grumpypants smile

You all have written such interesting hubs ,and amazing different personalities.

My brain has had a good workout lol

Eaglekiwi, You are so funny. I am laughing with tears in my eyes big_smile I agree with you. We are learning also.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74

And still you two remain?

Hmmm...

2. profile image0

Glad to entertain you Cagsil.

But again, my "religion" is not Catholicism.
      What part of that don't you understand?

Brenda my dear lady, I know you're a 'born-again' Christian, yet fail to actually understand your own religion, simply because you've taken the bible in totality as a truth, which is your whole problem to begin with, but fail to realize it.

To understand Jesus' teaching is to strip it from religion altogether and had you actually research(I spent 10 years doing so), then you would know and understand that Jesus' teachings had nothing to do with religion or a god.

But, thank you for entertainment nonetheless. lol

1. profile image0

Wow.  Ten years' study brought you to that conclusion!?

Oh my.

Your money and time were ill-spent, I'm sure.

At least my research wasn't just inside the book you claim as truth and was of the collective knowledge of all of humanity and history. Something you lack.

1. profile image0

Cags, I gotta question for you, completely unrelated to this forum thread (sorry, just_curious).  Check on this thread and see if you have any wisdom to offer on that question?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/71031#post1546560

Thanks!

Thread is now atop the forum list of threads with my response. Unfortunately, it's not something that is going to be beneficial. hmm

19. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Root cause of intolerance in the world(and poverty among young Greek Canadians)...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/398093_f260.jpg

tongue

Who is that good looking guy?

1. Greek One profile image64

I think he said his name was Satan-something-or-other??

"Minion" is the word you are looking for. big_smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paulo Coelho?

Better than Peter Gabriel. big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63

they're both good looking.

No when compared to you PDH smile big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63

Hi kirsten and Cags. Now, I am shy. Sorry we all bother this thread now.

This thread was just begging to be hijacked with cookings, brownies (I'm looking at you Ray *stern glower*) and loveliness, the only cure for intolerance. Sit down with someone for milk and cookies, or brownies and see if you don't want to get along wink

2. Greek One profile image64

Marko Knowlente

20. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Any of you kids wanna cookie?

http://www.businesstravellogue.com/files/2007/07/chocolate-chip-cookies.gif

No Thank You Kirsten, I have brownies I recently made and cupcakes my mother also made. tongue smile But, do appreciate the offer. tongue

Wait! Wait just one minute! You have brownies and haven't offered! yikes mad
        No wonder everyone is still arguing here
        Don't bogart those brownies bro!

21. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

It's 5 in the morning here, and I have a bad case of the munchies, watch ya fingers! smile

is this you earn?

http://www.abortmag.com/abortpegs/munchies.jpg

Me on the left. smile

I kinda thought so lol

I got up at 4.45! Woke up with an idea and went to work. Well, I moved to the office in my undies, to my workstation anyway.

I hate it when my brain does that at 4.45 am!
            Stupid brain!

I love it when I have the freedom to let my brain do that, wild things seem possible when I can ignore clocks and follow inspiration when it hits for as long as it will carry me smile

Yep! That freedom is priceless.
                I am in my time and space, no others to disturb from sleep. I know how valuable it is to be able to leap out of bed in the middle of the night, shout "Eureka!" and go straight at it.
                I cherish these times. smile

I get them for brief periods, when the school is on holiday for a good stretch, I get more and more erratic and productive and creative. I think the contrast helps tho, when used to have the freedom all the time I didn't realise it, now I treasure the time cause I know it will be back to the grind at some point. HP is one of the places I love spending that creative time tongue big_smile

My situation is a bit the same. I have quite a few hours daily running kids around, looking after them, making meals for them, giving them snacks after school etc, telling stories, dressing in a tu tu....... don't ask.

That is all great time, but when I need solitude I retire to my little bungalow away from the house and enjoy my own company. That space allows me to continue enjoying the luxury of personal space to write study and hopefully produce something worthwhile.

22. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

God, Religion and the bible!

Just like I woz sayin! smile

23. mrpopo profile image72
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

The most common form of intolerance begins with ignorance. Lack of information can be the biggest factor in creating and perpetuating intolerance.

But is every kind of intolerance bad?

I'm not speaking of intolerance out of ignorance, like being intolerant of a different race, gender or sexual preference. I'm speaking of being intolerant to the intolerance, the ignorance, itself.

Should we be tolerant of these things? Or do we not want to speak out against this sort of thing out of fear that it will be labelled as politically incorrect?

For example, the Catholic church does not tolerate the use of contraceptives. Should we tolerate this, knowing that spreading a religious message that contraceptives are evil can be extremely damaging in AIDs ridden countries in Africa (assuming this message has any influence on them)?

Likewise, should we be tolerant to cases where basic ethical standards are not being met? Should we tolerate irresponsibility? Needless violence?

The best way to combat this is by distributing knowledge. I'm not quite sure what the Catholic church has against contraceptives or what reasons they believe it to be evil, but I doubt they're warranted when using contraceptives can prevent the suffering of millions.

24. waynet profile image69

Drinking too much! oh damn that's incontinence! big_smile

No thats peeing too much lol

25. Cagsil profile image71

But in all seriousness, specific words are metaphors and IF YOU don't know which are, then you are likely to take it out of context. wink

1. profile image0

Don't worry about me.  I totally understand what Jesus was telling Nicodemus!  And while, yes, many people do not, your assumption that I do not is...very condescending.  Especially when you've given no indication that YOU understand what it means.    Are you like Nicodemus?   In which case, it is you who would need the Scriptures explained to you.

Let's hear it------go ahead and interpret those passages about being born again.  Surely you aren't clueless enough to ask, like Nicodemus did, if we can enter again into our mothers' womb and be born again literally......are you?

Of course you would find it condescending, that is what your religion teaches you.

I've tried before and was told by YOU and many others that I was wrong.
        My dear lady, the scriptures are definitely not something I need explained. However, the knowledge with regards to metaphors, when they were developed into human language and what stage the human mind was at, does factor into the context of Jesus' teachings. Not to mention, it would be helpful to also to understand the time frame which Jesus lived. Which, I'm sure you do not know, because your knowledge stems from just reading the bible itself.
        "Born-again" is to see with new eyes- change of view/perception/perspective. And, no- to think that "born-again" to be literal would be foolish.

26. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

I  feel strongly  these days  that the lack of civility and tolerance were seeing . Is a result of it not being taught to them in school  and  its importance emphasized strongly. Most i think will respond to this idea  by saying its the parents job  to teach that.   But at home there are not  other  kids to  hone these skills if taught . .

27. Jerami profile image58

What you say can ? be true?  "IF" ...YOUR ...Master of self, knowing/understanding/acceptance/love , comes from the right place.

I am sure Jeffery Dommer felt that he had all those things!

You're comparing me to a psychopath? hmm

Man, you need to grow up.

As for "comes from the right place"? Maybe you should bang your head against a wall....shake something loose...you're a bit too tight up stair.

Jesus' teachings were about looking within self. Which apparently, you don't do.

I found myself, I've reached into that dark area you refuse to go and found true faith in myself to determine and discern truth about my life.

Too bad you cannot say the same.

But wait a minute Cags.

Dont you compare me,Christians with some or groups with a similar belief system as being all the same ,no wait ,believing and acting all the same.

Jerami was perhaps thinking you put yourself under the defination ,not the behaviour wink

But you are the same....everything is based on belief.

No so with Mark and Myself.

Mark believes there is no god.

I have no belief with regards to a god. I didn't form an unbelief or non-belief. The topic of a god not existing is known, no belief forming required.

You have a belief in a god. That's no different than religious folks. So, sorry, you go into the same basket as them. wink

Oh you!

You just want your own special basket

I know your type lol

I'm unique, haven't you figured that out yet. tongue

Never doubted that for a second.

(We all are) even if you disagree,doesnt change that fact smile

2. Cagsil profile image71

Jerami has trouble seeing past himself, long enough to think clearly.

The definition and behavior to him would be no different. He isn't very good at being clear. hmm

Do you think your analysis is correct? or just what you perceive.

I do it myself ,but I dont think assumptions are always correct and to  assume so is  a little arrogant.

I let his actions speak volumes for him. So, no.
              Suit yourself. lol I judge actions and other factors. smile

28. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Heres the thing (for me)

If we were all marooned on an island together,do you think we could work together ,without either belief system in operation.

Remember we all have a past and made of many many influences?

Oh now theres a concept huh? smile

I know you and I would work well together, as long as you were to understand one thing- our survival together was the only matter and end result. wink

Survival-Yes

Then we would have no problem. wink

29. Jerami profile image58

Jerami wrote:
       What you say can ? be true?  "IF" ...YOUR ...Master of self, knowing/understanding/acceptance/love , comes from the right place.

I am sure Jeffery Dommer felt that he had all those things!
    ---------------------------------
    Cagsil wrote
    You're comparing me to a psychopath?
    -------

ME
    No I didn't! BUT it is too bad that you do not see the flaw in your statement that not everyone that thinks that they are master of self, and thinks that they are  knowing/understanding/acceptance/love in their own eyes are realy doing so.
      I am sure that Jeffery Dommer doesn't see himself as a psychopath?
    -------------

Cagsil wrote
    Man, you need to grow up.

As for "comes from the right place"? Maybe you should bang your head against a wall....shake something loose...you're a bit too tight up stair.

---------------

ME
      It is an honest man that follows his own advice .. 
    At least he believes that which comes out of his mouth.
    Maybe you should bang your own head against a wall;  or have you already done so?
    ----------

Jesus' teachings were about looking within self. Which apparently, you don't do.

I found myself, I've reached into that dark area you refuse to go and found true faith in myself to determine and discern truth about my life.

- - - - - -

And self is all that you have found?

Myself ....   When I am going into the dark places looking to find something;  I take a flashlight.
      But if banging your head against a wall works for you...
      I say ... GOOD FOR YOU.

But don't get so angry when others don't take your advice.

No, you're correct, not everyone think that they are master of self. Which is why people like you, question things that are truth, instead of recognizing them as truth. I'm sorry, if you're unable to see truth when it is biting you in the ass. But, look on the bright side- when truth is not recognized, then people's normal reaction is to be defensive, but apparently you're not wise enough to know or understand that.

Actually, Jeffrey Dommer didn't see himself at all nor did ever understand what a conscience is, something he shares with all other psychopaths.

An honest man teaches those fail to teach themselves.
      The lack of wisdom in your own words shows you've lived too long inside your book.
      Nothing like twisting words to appear the good guy, when you fail to realize that your words always work against you.
      All there is to find is SELF, if you're insinuating to find a god, then apparently you are still looking for self. Keep searching..
      Your humor is witless.
      Again more witless humor.
      You see anger in my words do you? Goes to show you need more help than the average person, please do seek it from the professionals. I cannot help you.

30. Jerami profile image58

Jerami wrote:
    No I didn't! BUT it is too bad that you do not see the flaw in your statement that  ...
      "not everyone that thinks that they are master of self, and thinks that they are"

You even argue in an arguementive fashion.
    Cagsil wrote ..   NO, you are correct"  (What?)
      No, you're correct, not everyone think that they are master of self.
      Which is why people like you, question things that are truth, instead of recognizing them as truth. I'm sorry, if you're unable to see truth when it is biting you in the ass. But, look on the bright side- when truth is not recognized, then people's normal reaction is to be defensive, but apparently you're not wise enough to know or understand that.

You sound like a VERY Angry little boy!  Where did you come up with a statement like that (NOT) from anything that  I said.

I am sorry that you can not see how twisted and hypocritical you wisdom (HA HA) actually is..

I have seen you argue with people concerning what they said, forgetting that you said the exact same thing the day before.

Clasic example of "Putting up a sign and then argueing with it"

"IF" you have went into the darkness and found yourself ?  as you proclame!
      I suggest that, ...  "get your hands out of your pockets and open your eyes."  You "should" find that you are NOT the center of the universe!  And you can never know everything there is to know.

When you find true wisdom, you will discover how little you realy know,  and you will quit insulting everyone else in an attempt to elivate yourself (in your own eyes)

A tough guy doesn't have to go around telling everyone how tough they are.

An inteligent person doesn't have to tell anyone how inteligent they are.

A loving person doesn't have to tell anyone how loving that they are.

I am happy that you have found yourself in your own delusion.   If it works for you, great.

You don't see that you are PUSHING your beliefs upon others exactly the same as you accuse "The religious people" of doing"   

It is human nature that you can not see your own faults except when you see someone else wearing them.
        This too will pass ...  when you grow up.

Good effort writng this Jerami and effectively get your point across (in my opinion) smile

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks    I have always heard that people can not see their own faults the same way as they can not see the dirt on the back side of their own knees.

It can be done,  but it takes a great deal of effort.

Sometimes it seems to be more like, not being able to see the spinache stuck between our teeth, or smell our own ONION breath.

A true friend will let us know ...  But then we will problay get angry with them, so they don't.

But a TRUE friend will tell us any way.

Lol thats true.

'Do these pants make me look fat' ?

Fake friend 'No shows your womanly curves'

Real friend'What were thinking when you bought them!! they make you look big as a house!!  lol

Fake is not nice. I admit I have been.
          But Id rather say nothing at all sometimes.

How odd. I am being a real friend by being honest yet you argue and fight with me. So you do not really want a real friend - you want a fake friend to tell you your beliefs don't make you look fat. sad

No Im real and I think you prefer me like that.

Fake would have said nothing smile ever.

3 options

Tell me Im fat and you dont wanna be fat like me because ..rant rant  OR

I think youre fat and I dont wanna be like you. Or

Say nothing about the 'fat' thing, and accentuate all my other fine qualities lol

If you didn't keep telling me you were thin and if I did wot u sed god sed I would be too - we wouldn't even being having this conversation. But you can't stop yourself can you?

No - not going to be a fake friend. Sorry - I am too honest.

See? I said you wanted a fake friend.

Last time I comment on one of your hubs as well. All believers delete what I say when I make a point they wish to pretend does not exist.

This is why your religion causes so much conflict. sad

Ok.

No you commented twice on my hub ,at great length too.

Dont imply otherwise

(didnt want my hub to filled up with same 'ole same ole from you or me)
                  I dont think Hubs should be a 'forum' as such.

No wars today ,they have been cancelled due to lack of interest.

Its a joke Mark for goodness sake lighten up.

Youre gonna give ya'self a damn ulcer.

You deleted the third comment because I made a point you do not want to acknowledge. I will never comment of one your hubs again.

ciao

Hey EK, if you agree, then you're not any better than him. And, that's really a shame.

I will never agree with attacking people Cags ( you should know me a little better than that)

I did however agree with some of his points  and I think English is not Jerame first language hence the effort he made ,putting pen to paper (so to speak).

If someone ,anyone ,I include myself can make his point without calling the other person an idiot or laughing/mocking I reckon thats not a bad start to a healthy discussion.

Condenscending remarks are surely communication barriers.

Again, it is not attacking. What is with people? It's always an attack, attack, attack......WOW! roll

Apparently, he more issues than English being his first language.
            It would be, but it's always best to point out things that are more than obvious to those who actually have their eyes open and not talking from ego they cannot see beyond.
            Condescending remarks are usually seen only because of ego of the individual who refuses to see truth or accept it.

Ohhhhhh rolleyes (temporarily)

Ok heres the thing ,first reaction to your answers ,oh but doesnt Cags see ,he is describing himself as well.

Then using your analogy I can understand ,you wouldnt necessarily see that ,because you are relating it (definations) to someone else.

So my take on it is this.

Your psychology is sound enough ,but for it to be fact,it would need to be applied evenly to everyone smile

Jerami, you continue...unbelievable. I'm not arguing, yet YOU see it as arguing. I'm was trying to explain something to someone else, yet again, you step into the conversation, pushing your beliefs, but your own words work against you. WOW! roll

Spin it however you want to Jerami, there isn't any anger in my words and all you are doing is blowing smoke.
      Actually, hypocritical is your view. There isn't anything in what I said that is, again trying to twist. Dispelling you and showing others how your actions defeat you is my pleasure.
      Actually, point out would be your best point, if you can.
      For someone trying to argue his point or make a point, which I'm unsure what you're attempting to do....you make a lot of errors in your typing...now that either comes from (a) your frustrated and angry, which is creating your errors in typing or (b) you're actually illiterate. So, I'm willing to doubt it is (b), but more so (a).
      Okay, this statement is completely foolish and again, trying to twist was has been said in the past and presently. It's amazing you do not see how your own words defeat you.

As I have said, and for YOU I will repeat- "everything"- as I said to WOC, it is a large term and you would be correct if you are referencing to knowing the unknown as well as the known. BUT, if you're referencing knowing all that is known, then you fail in understanding that what is known is possible for one person to know, understand and pass along. So, until YOU define what "everything" you are talking about, you are just blowing smoke to try and make yourself look good, but failing miserably.
      Actually, only an idiot would not know what they know. So, apparently YOU don't know sh!t.
      No a tough guy doesn't go around telling people, he is bully. But, I don't expect you to know the difference, as per usual.
      I don't go around telling people how intelligent I am. And, had you been able to see beyond your miserable life and ego, then you would know that.
      No, a loving person actually uses what they know to improve the life of others, which is apparently nothing you know about. Instead you rather attempt to tear me down, when you fail to realize your own failings. How ironic.
      Delusion? No delusion at all and this entire post has pointed out you to be the who is delusion and not me. But, keep trying.
      Pushing my beliefs? Who said anything about my beliefs. Not once have I ever said it was my beliefs. I swear, earlier I said I would give you the benefit of the doubt between the two choices I pointed out (a) and (b), but after this foolish statement, I'm more inclined to go with (b) now.   
      I've seen my faults, I know I have them, but none of them exist with regards to what I learned and what has been discerned as truth. Sorry, you're unwillingly to accept yourself, but the truth of the matter is it's your own ego in your way. This too should pass, but not likely in your case.
      When I grow up? I'm not the who needs to grow up, as this entire post attributes to truth, that you don't know sh!t and now is more than obvious to anyone who is reading.

Enjoy yourself.

31. Eaglekiwi profile image74

When you find true wisdom, you will discover how little you realy know,  and you will quit insulting everyone else in an attempt to elivate yourself (in your own eyes)

A tough guy doesn't have to go around telling everyone how tough they are.

An inteligent person doesn't have to tell anyone how inteligent they are.

A loving person doesn't have to tell anyone how loving that they are.

I agree with those comments in a general way .

I strongly dislike it when anyone uses the You You thing, however.

It is very accusatory and I drift off to another place lol

Eaglekiwi, One is usually pretty miserable if they feel a need to put another down to feel better about themselves. I try to refrain from using the "you" "you" too often, but sometimes we need to use it to get a point across. smile

1. profile image0

maybe everyone could improve in this area.  The whole 'you are this' or 'you are that' is why people get upset

Agreed.

32. Jerami profile image58

Cagsil wrote:
    Again, it is not attacking. What is with people? It's always an attack, attack, attack......WOW!

Apparently, he more issues than English being his first language.
    -------

You can look through the forums and see where everyone has mispelled words and/or made mistakes in grammer many times, such as yours in the above statement.
    "what is with people"    ????
    "He more issues than ..."   ???

Everybody does it.

It is a sad thing when we do not understand that which some one else has spoken ...  cause they mispelled a word.

That is a great way to avoid the subject matter  ...

Jerami, Exactly. No one is perfect.

33. Jerami profile image58

I apologize for my sporatic attendence here in the forums.
      Making a couple of posts and  ZOOM   gone.
      Do not mean to be rude.

Life has been topsy turvy of late.
      Too much to do and not enough time.

And little is going as I think that it should.

I stop in when I can. And stay awake as long s I can

34. cindi h profile image59
    cindi hposted 13 years ago

WOW!!  I've read every post and I must say--I forgot the question. LOL Seriously, Intolerance can be seen in many areas, not just religiously, which this thread has seemed to focus on. People can be intolerant of a specific race, social class, sex,etc.. Intolerance is based on the inability or unwillingness to accept a different opinion from your own. I was raised a 'catholic' but I am more spiritual than 'religious' and never ever do I criticize or condemn another person for their views or opinions. I use the differences as a learning experience and try to keep an open mind. I know what I believe in but that is MY personal choice to believe it, I could be wrong. My dear father always used to say," To each his own", and those have been words I live by.

1. profile image0

agree that intolerance is not just with religion.  Sounds like your father had good advice. 

So do you think intolerance these days is basically a choice, and there should be no excuse for ignorance?

35. waynet profile image69

This forum thread started by the intolerant!

36. Eaglekiwi profile image74

I believe this:

For you formed my innermost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb.

Can't answer the question then? Typical - this is one of those tough questions that go to the core of your beliefs so you resort to drivel.

Got it. wink

I already said I didnt come from
        nothing!

Point is did you get ?

What did god make you out of in that case?

I had thought we were talking about everything - not you individually.

No ,I was talking about me ,but ok everyone is fearfully and wonderfully made.

Why even Science attests to that fact!

Science attests to no such thing.

So - you no longer think god made everything out of nothing - interesting. wink

2. profile image0

does that include babies that are born without a brain & destined to die shortly after birth?  Babies that have their hearts or bowels outside their bodies and would die without painful surgery?

Gods plan was perfect ,Man didnt accept it.

Now we have the sonsquences of mans choice.

Sadly we have the result of mankinds original choice.

Look at it this way ,if you plant a bad seed ,you still get some good fruit ,but that fruit will always carry a defective seed.

Just the way it is.

God created everything ,but in excess or used incorrectly of course that changes the result.

1. mrpopo profile image72
                  mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Gods plan was perfect ,Man didnt accept it."

If that's the case, then it's a result of one of two things:

1) Man did not have the capacity to acknowledge perfection.
                  2) God's plan was not perfect.

Either way, whose fault does it boil down to?

1) Man knew he wasnt perfect.
                    2) God is still perfect.

Mans was created perfect (once)

And God saw that He(Man) was Good.

Then he disobeyed God ( Who was perfect).

Of course Science and God say much about both.

37. cindi h profile image59
    cindi hposted 13 years ago

Almost everything in life is a choice baileybear. We choose to fall victim to our emotions. We choose to be ignorant and unaccepting.

38. Jerami profile image58

Mark Knowleswrote ...

The virgin birth is nonsense. Why the need to lie and back it up with "scientific facts?" Science is pretty clear that humans can not reproduce without sperm being introduced to ova. (Unless Jesus was a clone?)

It appears that FAITH  is not enough.

= = = = = =

ME   thinks.   That it is very strange that You say ...
    Science is pretty clear that humans can not reproduce without sperm being introduced to ova.

And yet an entire universe can produce itself without anything being introduced to anything.

If the universe can do that ???    How much simpler can it be for  a itty bitty   embrio to come into being without a sperm.

1. profile image0

Jerami,
      I just had to pop back in here and say that's a brilliant post!
      Common-sense question, absolutely brilliant post.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks ..   It just seems that a virgin birth isn't all that big of a miracle compaired to others.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

It's a logical fallacy, Brenda. There isn't anything brilliant or common sense about it. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

yAY INNIT.

Dear me. No wonder your religion cause so many wars. lol

INNIT

3. Beelzedad profile image58

That's called a strawman argument, Jerami. What does the origins of the universe have to do with human reproduction? smile

God is the center of the universe. Plain and simple.

1. profile image0

that is your opinion, which is not proven fact.

Yes and still on the throne smile

1. profile image0

we call the toilet the throne

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Kiwi, Give God the Glory for he is worthy to be praised. big_smile

39. gogetter4u profile image60
    gogetter4uposted 13 years ago

I was raised in a to accept Jesus as my savior and to believe in the Word Of God. Anything outside the Word Of God, the Bible, is not His Word. I believe we get into trouble speaking away from the Bible which is God's spoken word.

also....

they're writing a story on the forum marked books & lit & writing...it's fun & people r adding 2 it 2c how far its goes. go to lets write a story..tell us what's next in the story...this is a good way to get known... have fun..

40. Jerami profile image58

Jerami wrote:
    Mark Knowleswrote ...

The virgin birth is nonsense. Why the need to lie and back it up with "scientific facts?" Science is pretty clear that humans can not reproduce without sperm being introduced to ova. (Unless Jesus was a clone?)

It appears that FAITH  is not enough.

= = = = = =

ME   thinks.   That it is very strange that You say ...
    Science is pretty clear that humans can not reproduce without sperm being introduced to ova.

And yet an entire universe can produce itself without anything being introduced to anything.

If the universe can do that ???    How much simpler can it be for  a itty bitty   embrio to come into being without a sperm.
    ==============================================

Mark wrote ..
    yAY INNIT.

Dear me. No wonder your religion cause so many wars.

INNIT
    ===  - - -  ===

ME 
      Mark  ...  you believe tht the universe magicaly creted itself from nothing into nothing creating something....   
      Why can't a itty bity human life come into being by the same means as this gret big universe did?

41. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Your brain is a super computer and can process up to 30 billion bits of information per second. Brain is equivalent to 9,656 Km of wiring and cabling. Your internet of nerves contains about 28 billion neurons. Neuron is a tiny computer; interpret information received through your five sense organs. Each neuron is a tiny self-contained computer, capable of processing one bullion bits of information. Neurons also communicate with other nerves through a network of 160,935 km of nerve fibers. Brain and network of nerves are one of the fascinating human body systems. Creator had designed your super computer brain with a view that you can use it purposefully for living well.

That came out of 'nothing' yea right lol

1. profile image0

yet, look at the boy who was raised as a chicken (am about to start a hub on him).  He cannot talk or connect with humans & probably never will - the pathways for human interaction & human behaviours weren't formed in his brain from his environment - only chicken behaviours & sounds

I look forward to reading that hub.

Is that called Imprinting?

Bit like Mowgli jungle boy etc.

1. profile image0

I've heard that word used, but I haven't used it in my hub.  Have written the first draft.  Will publish it in April to have a crack at the writing contest

42. Jerami profile image58

If I plant a tomato plant in the basement and it dies, does tht mean that the creator should have designed it better.

And of course I shouldn't plant it in the hot dry sand.

Everything comes with directions for survival, and when they aren't followed, it doesn't survive.

True enough.

43. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

The root cause is FEAR!

Well said:

Perfect love casts out fear smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)