The Infallible Word Of God: The Holy Bible

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (111 posts)
  1. vector7 profile image61
    vector7posted 13 years ago

Just wanting everyone to state whether they believe the Bible is the fully inspired authoritative word of the living God, of whom Christ Jesus sent to die on the cross to save those who would accept God's grace, and who arose on the third day.

Your honest opinion is gladly welcomed.

Lectures are not needed. There is no class session, or students. Just adults with completely different world-views.

(Those that give lectures will be obviously incoherent.)

These are opinions. No one is wrong for stating what they think, for they know best themselves what is in their thoughts.

1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God, however I am not a Bible inerrantist. I believe that this sacred text was deligated by a perfect God to imperfect men in order to establish his kingdom on earth.
      I also believe that he will yet reveal even more scripture to his children as prophets and apostles are restored to the earth through angelic minitrrates.

2. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. If you look at the number of different branches of christianity, and the number of sub sects within those branches you have to realize that if this book was divinely inspired they wouldn't all be fighting over interpretation. I would assume a god, if he wanted intelligent followers, could have been a little clearer with the instructions. It couldn't possibly be the authoritative fully inspired book you claim it to be. smile

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@just_curious well god if really intelligent wont have used medium of book at first place...god would have done better job by directly downloading instruction to individual brain and allowing to choose...just look at books.......torah-word of god , bible- word of god , quran-word of god and i am here mentioning only  three  biggies...there are 400 different religions ..and all have their book which is said to be authoritative word of god!!!!!!!!!...what does it show?...it shows that humans who are tagged as christians , jews , muslims or any , are actually similar in way they approach religion...all believe 'they have word of god ' with them... all have prophecies and all comes true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....only difference is in deity they call as god... you are right curious..

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He has already downloaded 'conscience' to our brain/minds.

Which many believe to be the still small voice of God smile

hmm...interesting...so no need of book since god himself downloads conscience which is enough to live moral upright life...and thats why vatican sees scams after scams and we had crusaders , witch hunting...people tried to go towards un natural things like books instead of little voice...

God knew his creation.
              He remembers where we came from.

Isnt it great that we all come with our own Life Manual book,so instead of seeing the word Bible ,maybe you can look on it as

Piseans Manual Book smile

not needed...i dont like man made manuals ...there are 400 of them...all claim to be divine and all are products of humans...it is good that slowly most are loosing its impact on humans...

P.S. you are seeing from context of bible being word of god and i am seeing from context of bible being humans work sold in name of god...so i dont think we would agree on this...

Many bibles are free.

I do agree on one thing though, it can be confusing.
                  ( I have read a few different Bible and /or some claiming to be)

However the word of God is never hidden from a genuine seeker.

That perhaps is the main thing.

but that is not word of god to start with...it is human words in name of god..

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

kiwi, Agreed. God will reveal a scripture if we seek him and ask.

2. profile image0

Deleted

A Manual above all other manuals wink

please continue reading bible if it helps u...i am fine without it...

2. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank You, exactly why I prefer Mother Goose for my all literary moral needs. Mother Goose is not at all hard to understand, doesn't leave loads and loads of room for interpretation, and is clear in its intentions.

lol

2. profile image0

Well, I don't know enough about Mother Goose to quote it, but I'm well versed in Dr. Seuss. Although I would never advocate pushing green eggs and ham on those who didn't believe in it. smile

lol

2. kirstenblog profile image78
            kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dr. Seuss is a very noble and reliable source for ones literary moral needs, as well as a helpful way to generally keep your chin up and feel excited by the future. My favorite was a book my 3rd grade teacher gave me as a good-by present, Oh the places you'll go. Great stuff!

3. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and that's coming from a believer!  Agree with you on that though

3. peterxdunn profile image60
      peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would argue that - if the Bible truly is the word of an infallible God - then why are people: many in positions of authority within religious organizations/churches etc, continually trying to re-interpret and even re-write those words?

Moreover, why are the 'words of God' open to interpretation in the first place? Surely if God wanted everyone to know the 'truth' he would have made his message and intentions clear and unambiguous.

1. Amanda Severn profile image95
        Amanda Severnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Bible was written, translated, translated, edited, translated some more, edited some more, etc, etc, over a very long period. Now, of course, we have the Plain English Society. I wonder what they would make of it?

exactly and god unfortunately didnt forsee that english would be global language in future...strange ...isn't it?

2. profile image0

apparently there's a gender neutral version

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Churchs ,creeds,man made traditions ,and rituals will all pass away.

But God said 'His word will remain forever'

but who knows whether god said or some one wrote it...bible has been translated n number of times...so it may be word of translator and god does not need book to make sure humans gets his word...infact book is too risky thing and if god is intelligent it would be last medium...most robust medium would be directly downloading into human brain...no risk of words getting lost or mis interpretated or false words becoming god's words etc etc...

1. peterxdunn profile image60
            peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If God did the direct downloading thing then all the priests, rabbis and imams would be out of business - which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

When they're all gone perhaps we could then start on getting rid of all the politicians and the central banks.

Who knows. We could even end up with a world that we could actually call our own!

Peace and goodwill to all men.

Im with getting rid of the banks!! they have become nothing but criminals in a nice suit!

kiwi, Amen. God's word will not return void. smile

Ty WOC smile

I thought of this verse today ,just wanted to share it here

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (JER 29:11)

vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love that verse Kiwi.. Thanx.. Going into my memory bank..

big_smile

Kiwi, That's one of my favorite encouraging verse. smile

4. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is the infallible Word of God.  What so many seem to fail to realize is that it isn't up to private interpretation.  God cannot be interpreted but can only be revealed.

and thats why book is not needed...finally you got it...revelation and book are not related...

1. profile image0

The book is needed.  Satan roams the earth seeking whom he may devour.  Not all revelations are from God.  Satan is smarter than what we give him credit for.

who knows satan corrupted the book...so book is not needed and god is not so dumb to have book which can be translated , edit and misinterpreted...book is not the best mode and god is said to be perfect ...a perfect being cannot use imperfect mode to float his words...impossible thing for god ...yes if god is short sighted , imperfect and lacks knowledge of human nature , book might have been used by god...

God loves perfectly.

If you as good fathers know how to give good things to your children,how much more then ,would your heavenly Father give good gifts to His children.

If he asked for bread ,would he give him a snake?

2. profile image0

So you think God cannot keep His book written correctly?  You speak of God like he is merely a man. 

You have to know who He is before you can know Him personally.  You cannot know Him personally, until you first meet Him.  You cannot meet Him unless you hear Him. You cannot hear Him unless He speaks to you. 

To say the book is meaningless and fallible is a statement made from a person trying to justify their own beliefs or non beliefs.

.To say the book is meaningfull and infallible is a statement made from a person trying to justify their own beliefs ... statement made by faith but logically not best argument...god had more better ways than bible and other divine books...i mean human made books which are called divine...

1. profile image0

Which of the so called divine books came first?

bible was second last in the list...rest are not important for you , since you wont read them smile

3. profile image0

God has used imperfect beings since the beginning.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
                DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If God is perfect he can only create perfection...so something imperfect cannot exist if created by God...Unless he created something imperfect on purpose...if that is the case then sin is the fault of God and man cannot be held accountable for it...

1. profile image0

You are wrong.  An example. 

I build houses for a living for much of my life.  I could build the perfect house, every wall square, plumb and level.  One person could come along and break one window and the house is no longer perfect.  I can get it back to perfection, but I must work on it first.  The old window must be removed then a new window installed.

God made Adam to be a perfect being.  Satan came along and tempted him.  Adam gave in and man is no longer perfect.  God made plans to get man back to his perfect state.  This is the whole reasoning behind the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  To make perfect that which the destroyer has rendered imperfect.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
                    DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your house was still perfect... A broken window after the fact does not make a house imperfect...windows and doors are the clothing...the foundation. walls, floors and roof is what makes the house...Now if a broken window caused your house to fall down...then your house wasn't perfect...

2. Beelzedad profile image58
                    Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, then the house was perfect again.

But he didn't, he banished and cursed man forever, rather than just replacing the window, so to speak.

Very bad example, SirDent.  smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Smarter than many men thats for sure.

Its true we dont need the Bible to be saved ,but it is an Instruction book for our lives.

Written by different men spanning over 60 yrs.
            Inspired by God ( breathed on) smile

correction...written by men who claimed divine inspiration which is subject to scrutiny...

3. Jerami profile image57
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was just thinking something very similar.

And that has been going on for a very very long time.
            Jesus accused the religious leaders of his day; "Sons of Satan"

I would say that this means that Satan had already begun corrupting the inspired word of God.

Most people don't realize that even the Hebrew religion was rewritten when  a Persian king told Ezra to reestablish the Hebrew faith which had been lost under the rule of Babylon.

Very similar to what Constantine does approx 775 years later.

Maybe it was all rewritten properly ?   And maybe not ?

Enough time spent in the Bible will show the person reading it that it is uncorrupted, and infallible.

Doubt in God will make it impossible to see God's truth.

To doubt God is to insult God...

The attempt to believe Him at His word will allow Him to reveal more and more and more truth..

Faith......

Matthew 9:29

29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, "According to your faith be it unto you."
                                                                                            ~Jesus

According to your faith will God open your eyes.. If you have faith, you will see His truth.

If you doubt, you will not see the truth in scripture... But will sink just like Peter did when He took his eyes off Jesus and doubted..

1. Jerami profile image57

Enough time spent in the Bible will show the person reading it that it is uncorrupted, and infallible.

= = = = =
                ME
                I can agree; Gods word which comes from his mouth is uncorrupted.  Mans understanding of those words are not.

Such as the verse mentioned above Jer. 29:11.

It is just my opinion,  I think that many believers think that God was talking to every believer in this verse
                (Jer. 19:11) though it is mentioned several times exctly who he was talking to.  19:1 is very specific; he is speaking to ;  all people whom Nebuchadnezzar had carried away captive!

A similar message MAY BE assumed to apply to all believers?
                but, this particular message is specificlly directed to a specific group of people.   We also assume that every word that Jesus spoke to his disciples, also apply to us when that is not necessarily the case. In some instances it does and in others it does not,

Sometimes when reading scripture, we assume too much, there by we corrupt what we then preceive to be the word of GOD.

My thoughts anyway.
                ========================================== 

vector7 

Doubt in God will make it impossible to see God's truth.

To doubt God is to insult God...

The attempt to believe Him at His word will allow Him to reveal more and more and more truth..

Faith......

- - - - -

ME
                   I couldn't agree more,
                But to have faith in God  and to have faith in "A" religion are two diferent things.

===============================

I have faith in God!  it is the Many different versions of religion tht I am conscerned about.

I agree with the facts about many versions. That's why I use a KJV and a Dictionary..

A concordance is nice, but not absolutely needed.

If it doesn't agree with the Bible, it doesn't agree with God.

The Bible has been upheld for centuries.

So I go with it. It's why I claim to be a Christian. I don't claim denominations.

And you must also claim the Bible as infallible just as it says it is:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If it isn't infallible, then you can't use it as a useful argument..

And I wasn't intending to imply you didn't have faith Jerami, I would not even attempt to apply a thought to your relationship with God. That's between you and Him. I have no place to tell you what you have or don't.

smile

1. Jerami profile image57

vector7 wrote...
                      And I wasn't intending to imply you didn't have faith Jerami, I would not even attempt to apply a thought to your relationship with God. That's between you and Him. I have no place to tell you what you have or don't.

= = - = - = - - -

I didn't mean to sound as though I thought that you were implying any thing of the sort.
                        I do appreciate this afirmation.

I will mention that when the apostle said these following words ... "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" ... that he was afirming those scriptures that existed at that time. 
                      Our New testament didn't exist yet so he could not have been testifying to their authentisity.   
                      I'm not saying the New testament is not everything stated in that verse, just that this verse isn't speaking for itself, or any other "scripture" that is presented after those that he was speaking of.

I do believe that much of what is written both in the Old and New testament has been grossly misinterpreted by the church.
                       Particually that which is considered to be prophetic passages.
                       Which changes everything and yet changes nothing, depending upon how we preceive it.

Well, it's  1:30 AM  and I'm off to bed again.
                    see Ya in about 5 hours.

2. profile image0

What you are claiming, in essence, is that you  want people to believe you walk on water and they can too if they take your word for it. Then you throw the sentence about it's wrong to question god in, so it appears you've got a big brother standing behind you to bully people into doing your will.

And you wonder why the laughing face emoticons abound when people respond to your posts. lol

4. profile image0
            jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God first created satan, then let him devour human, let him get into his bible to mislead human, let man be tested by satan to prove his mettle....
            And Alas! even after doing all his work for him poor satan is still getting hell!!
            God's justice lol

5. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is one and his word is one.

What so ever is written cannot be The Word of God because all writings are divided against itself...thus it cannot remain as one...

This is clearly seen in this world with their numerous writings.

6. Beelzedad profile image58

Honest adults? lol

7. Woman Of Courage profile image60

I believe the bible is the true inspired word of God.

Thank you WoC..

Many lectures and arguments huh? Maybe they're all just incomprehensive?

smile

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60

vector, Yes there are many arguments and lectures. smile

8. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes to your first sentence.

Good to see you too Brenda..   wink

smile

2. profile image0
    jomineposted 13 years ago

If the bible is the infallible word of god, then god must be crazy!!
    lol

lol valid point....but you get hell since you broke the code about true nature of religious god...punished till eternity ...yes you have chance if you keep this secret to yourself only tongue

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice

2. Druid Dude profile image59
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And just why wouldn't god be crazy...we're crazy. The evidence is all around us.

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Hey Baileybear, how you keeping?

1. profile image0

good thanks.  Trying to get away from these forums and write a few hubs for April contest

4. Fx777 profile image60
    Fx777posted 13 years ago

Yes, that's true, because there must be a single language that people all over the world could understand each other.  The same is true with things that needs understanding...a universal thing.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

pisean I am right fine peachy smile thankyou for asking.

6. Harlan Colt profile image79
    Harlan Coltposted 13 years ago

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."  Psalms 12:6-7.

No one has interpreted anything. The verse says what it says.

Let God be true and let man be a liar.

No one interpreted that one either.

Yes, God's pure and preserved word is available on this earth today.
    It is the Holy Bible 1611 AV.

It is the only Bible that is copy right free. Anyone could start printing this Bible tomorrow and sell them without worry.

ANY other Bible - would get you sued. WHY?
    Because it's been changed enough that someone could own it.

That wonderful NIV everyone loves so much is missing over 45,000 words,
    words like  Christ, the blood, Jesus, prayer and fasting etc. But its ok because
    its easier to read.

Thats like taking half the words from Catcher in the Rye, and saying its now easier to read. Whatever.

7. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

How much levin did Jesus say that it took to spoil the whole barrel?

As has been mentioned earlier,  A good tree produces good fruit. A bitter tree can not produce sweet fruit.

Therefore in order to know our fruit it is important to know from where our roots are established.

But then we do have the process of grafting.
       We may want to be grated onto another root system.

Then we can forever wonder if that was a good idea?

When it is all said and done. As Solomon said, eat drink and be merry 

I don't think that we should waste this life that we are given, worrying over things that we have no controll over.

1. literarychimp profile image59
      literarychimpposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"inspired authoritative word of the living God"

That is a con-tra-dic-tion!!! Its either A) Its written by fallible humans "inspired" but not directly dictated by God or b) it is the actual literal word of God, like the Koran is the dictations of Allah!!! To put it simple, God either wrote the Bible, or he inspired humans through the spirit and so on to write it.

Bad theology.

O and by the way. Which genealogy of Jesus is correct, since they are two. And if the Bible is infallible...................

2. vector7 profile image61

Jerami.. If you believe the Bible is the word of God...

Luke 12:19-21

19 "And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."
                                                                                    ~Jesus

God bless you..

8. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Is Beezeldad and Cags the same person?

They both answer posts in similar fashion ( copied ,piece by piece) and well neverind.

Just wonderin..

1. Beelzedad profile image58

I was thinking the same thing of you and WoC, and Brenda, and SirDent, and BrotherO and Jerami and...

smile

Thankyou I consider that a compliment smile

Same here, thank you for the compliment Beelzedad smile

2. profile image0
        BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I often wonder if Beezeldad is me.
        I mean, are we split personalities living in different time zones?
        But then I remember he is a dude and I snap back to reality.

WoC, Brenda, SirDent, BrotherO Jerami and even Vector 7 are the same person but with different accents.

Mark K is actually Mother Teresa (she didn't die, she just switched sides).

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hush yo mouf chile. wink

1. profile image0
            BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Mark but it was going to come out sooner or later.
            That beard is well known by most of her fans.

2. Jerami profile image57

I have often wondered the same thing about Beezeldad and Mark K.

9. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

tongue
    I'm crackin' up here.  lol

lol smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)