jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

OT of bible copied off more ancient pagan texts

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 5 years ago

OT copied off pagan ugartic texts

http://phoenicia.org/ugarbibl.html

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
      Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Im fairly sure that most religions are copied from one another. I have heard that the OT is also copied from the epic of gilgamesh.

The epic of gilgamesh )if you dont already know) being an ancient story written before the torah which tells of a time when some special guy was told to build a boat of a certain size and there was a flood and so on.

I think many religions are way too similar but also way to different. It looks to me, like they are just plageurisations of eachother.

If the koran and the bible were from god, then they'd be the same. If they were not both from the same god, then they'd be different. Not half the same and half different.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image85
    DoubleScorpionposted 5 years ago

I agree. Religions are "borrowed" from each other and just molded to fit the new culture it is built under.

1. 0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

christianity is plagarised off zoroasterism apparently

1. DoubleScorpion profile image85
        DoubleScorpionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Christianity is taken from lots of things. Jewish beliefs, Zoroasterian, Greek Pagan, and some things, (I think) was just made up. But if you study religions long enough, you will find that they all tend to "borrow" from each other.

working