Inter-faith dialogue; everybody chooses Truth freely

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (71 posts)
  1. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Canada is a multi-cultural society; it will be appropriate to have inter-faith dialogues to help everybody find Truth wherever one finds it. Only Truth could galvanize the society to unite for peace.

Inter-faith dialogue should be held in every locality; it is my desire; it is my passion.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Except for the evil atheists who cannot reason and have no morals or purpose in life? lol

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They would be welcome to speak so that they are well-exposed.

Every religion or non-religion to participate in it; local city counsellers to be the moderators; not a debate but a symposium to help find the Truth.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
          Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But the Truth is that there is no god. Science has proven we do not need one and gravity built the structures we see without a Creator.

Please attempt to use a little bit of reason before repeating nonsense. Thank you.

1. profile image52

The atheists could speak about their weird concepts in the interfaith dialogue.

2. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you want to see one by Lawrence Krauss? There are dozens of them. lol
          Want to see the debates with Stephen Fry? Go to the BBC.

You don't really want to know anything other than what you believe, do you? lol

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Including athiests is possible, perhaps. I believe that's called a "no faith in interfaith" dialog.

1. profile image52

Including atheists is essential, in my opion; only if they have selfconfidence and they are sure that they are on Truth.

2. profile image52

Atheists should join in the efforts for holding inter-faith dialogue in every locality; to help everyone get to the Truth.

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And, how do you suppose the openness of those who choose ignorance over learning truth? hmm

Life doesn't require any knowledge of any god to be understood.
      Life doesn't require any knowledge of any god to be lived.

Therefore, no god required. wink

1. profile image52

If the atheists organize the sposium; they could choose the topics suggeted by you "Life doesn't require any knowledge of any god to be understood" or "Life doesn't require any knowledge of any god to be lived".

Other speakers could disagree with it.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Yes, they could disagree with it. But, it would make it any less of truth. wink

1. profile image52

I don't get you. Please elaborate.

1. Cagsil profile image70

What do I need to elaborate on. There wasn't anything in my statement and/or previous posts that wasn't easy to understand. smile

Just read the words and accept it. Not difficult.

Life doesn't require any knowledge of a god to be understood.
              Life doesn't require any knowledge of a god to be lived.

Therefore, no god required.

Not difficult. wink

2. profile image52
    4. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paar!  You're Canadian too!?!?

Do you go to the Ahmadiyya mosque in Etobicoke?  I might have run into you at the nearby Home Depot

1. Greek One profile image64

are we going out drinking or what??

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
          Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The only things I know about Canada are from south park and the buffalo air documentary.

I must think you are all square jawed wannabe ace pilots smile

that's about it

5. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and I can tell you first hand some major Canadian cities are a religious and ethnic melting pot, with all kinds of fundamental zealots pushing and fighting their religions and cultures onto society and each other. Racism runs rampant here. Very sad.

maybe in the west.. you guys are nuts out there

1. Beelzedad profile image58

You got that right. smile

6. getitrite profile image73
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So everyone could pick and choose the "TRUTH" that they want?  This would be fruitless.

Not if everyone can just pick his own "TRUTH" --  That would start at zero and end at zero.

7. IanRichardson profile image60
      IanRichardsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We are all divine beings because we (as well as every other object and process in our observable Universe) were created by, and are part of God. The surest way for all of us to know God is to pull together everything that all of us know and understand of Him. I am looking forward to a world where the knowledge we all have is compared and cross referenced so that we all move closer to the truth. It is one of God's (or the Universe's) rules that we evolve. History shows us that we have evolved spiritually as well as physically. My knowledge of God has grown by studying several past and present religions, holistic healing, meditation, prayer, yoga, physics, chemistry, biology, cosmology, quantum physics, ceremonial magick, folklore, superstition, music and art. I would not say that I have all of the answers, but I know for certain that I understand God way better than I did when I was confirmed into the Church of England as a teenager with only The Bible and prayer/faith as a reference. I am still not able to understand how anyone is able to say that their religion/belief/faith/non-belief is better or closer to the truth than someone elses, when they are looking at God from only one viewpoint.

1. profile image52

You have a right to believe in Christianity; out of your free will.

I understand.

2. profile image0
    zampanoposted 12 years ago

When you have faith, you don't seek truth.
    Faith is the substitute. Why seek when every belief is asserted ?

3. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 12 years ago

Sounds like a plan paar. As long as you keep it north of the border, it's OK by me.

1. profile image52

I think it is good for every country in the West; people have a right to know and have Truth.

So, the borders don't matter; I can't say it should remain in the North only; it could go to East and South.

I think it is the moral responsibilty of the atheists to hold such symposiums; where everybody speeks freely for Truth.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I tell you what. You guys in Canada go ahead first. Start in, lets say, British Columbia. Give it a couple of years and, if you're all having fun  then do it all over your country. We'll watch, and if it looks like fun, we'll give it a shot: maybe.

You should probably start out by going door to door, because this thing probably won't take off on its own. Knock loud and hard. Do not take no for an answer. Make those atheists talk to you. Just keep talking until they're on board with this. I'm very curious to see it get off the ground. big_smile

1. profile image52

•    Well it should be for Truth, not for fun.
          •    Just give one bell; no knocking on the door; it is not customary in the West.
          •    Just to deliver a flyer; consisting on Truth that one believes in, if the occupant comes out and takes it, happily.
          •    If the occupant indulges in a conversation, happily; then one could discuss.
          •    Else, say sorry and go to the next door.
          •    If the occupant does not come for any reason; just leave the flyer with the door.

I think it will serve the cause of Truth; you may try it.

1. profile image0

Well, ok. I think you'd get more reaction knocking though. Especially with the atheists. Just a piece of helpful advice.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Actually, it is only a self-serving gesture to support your belief that you must evangelize your religion in order to make sure you have good standing with your god. This will include denouncing and attacking other religions and non-believers while extolling the virtues of Islam, and having to take up arms when you believe others are threatening you or Islam when in fact they are simply upset by your lack of respect, contradictory behavior and false pretenses. smile

1. profile image52

It is for this that I say it is moral duty of atheists to organize inter-faith dialogues in every locality of the West; rules could be worked out and fears eliminated amicably.

1. profile image0

Paar. I have to ask, because the curiosity is honestly killing me. How serious are you when you push ideas like this? 100%? Or is this a joke.

1. profile image52

According to the Ahmadiyya understanding of Islam, interfaith dialogues are an integral part of developing inter-religious peace and the establishment of peace. The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community has been organising interfaith events locally and nationally in various parts of the world in order to develop a better atmosphere of love and understanding between faiths. Various speakers are invited to deliver a talk on how peace can be established from their own or religious perspectives.[21]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_dialog

I am , as I think, on the Truth; yet I always have to seek the Truth; that is a part of my faith and belief. Inter-faith dialogue does facilitate one to find where the truth lies.

The Atheists do claim here that they are in majority in the USA, Canada and other parts of the West. They are, therefore, better poised to organize inter-faith dialogues where religions and non-religions could speak.

It will serve the cause of humanity.

1. profile image0

Well, it sounds like a noble cause, to some extent. But it sounds like an initiative by your religion. And should only be for those interested. Why are you trying to argue that atheists should spearhead the effort in your country. You have to realize the suggestion will rile them up.

Propagandist: A person who disseminates messages calculated to assist some cause. smile

Your demand that atheists should organize inter-faith dialogues is yet another self-serving gesture to support your belief... etc.

1. profile image52

I think it should embolden the atheists; they will be organizing the interfaith dialogue so they should fear in the least.

May be they fear that they will be exposed.

1. profile image0

That's kind of mean paar. You realize every belief, no matter how inane, would be more welcome at such a gathering than an atheist.

What happens when an atheist says 'hey, I've got a great idea. Lets all get together and talk about god.'

They'd be eaten alive. And you know it. What kind of peaceful philosophy is that? You're just picking, for the fun of it now.

Again, your demands for others to do what you want them to do is a self-serving gesture to make you look good in the eyes of your god. It is what YOU want, and not what others want.

You mean, like how we are exposing the Islamic propagandist here? smile

4. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I'm still waiting for Paar to tel me what part of Canada he is in so we can discuss inter-faith issues over whiskey and some halal steaks

5. profile image52

Since the Atheists who claim to be in majority in the West would be organizing the interfaith-dialogue; the rules would be made equitable to everybody.

If the rules satisfy the Ahmadiyya  representitives; they would participate as a speaker , else we will listen to others.

1. profile image52
      1. earnestshub profile image80

Show me where atheists claim this. lol

1. profile image52

The extinction of religion?

Study finds religion on path to extinction in the West
          By Tim O'Brien
          http://www.themuse.ca/articles/45561

Do you think the atheists are in minority?

1. earnestshub profile image80

No I don't think they are in a minority, I know they are a tiny minority.
            So does the rest of the world. You seem to be alone on this one.

6. profile image52

Nevermind

A minority or even a tiny minority has a role to play in a democratic environment.

The Atheists are a respectful people; they may prepare a locality for an inter-faith dialogue; especially the affluent ones; if their is a will there is a way. And of course out of their own free will and no compulsion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)