Should the Atheists remain ignorant?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (194 posts)
  1. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Human ignorance in physical matters is removed when confirmed/verified by the Work of the Creator-God, commonly known as nature; it is useful in worldly matters. Human ignorance in ethical, moral and physical is removed when verified by the Word revealed authored by the Creator-God, useful in hereafter.

Atheists know a little of the Work of the Creator-God and they are ignorant of the Word of God, altogether.

I don’t think so.

1. profile image0
      zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus Christ !
      Can you repeat that please ?
      I didn't understand at all what you've just written.
      Have you been drinking ? Or is it me ?

2. Jefacity profile image59
      Jefacityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't stereotyping an entire group of people ignorance in itself? I've found most atheists to be logical and rational people. It is not their ignorance that makes them atheists but they're lack of experience with the spiritual world. they are fact orientated instead of faith orientated.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The fact is that the Universe is created by the Creator-God Allah YHWH; not believing it is ignorance.

1. Jefacity profile image59

he cares more about a person doing right in both actions and words than knowing who created the universe. He cares little for knowledge of who created the universe, but cares much for those who tend his gardens even if they know not who planted the seed.

2. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is NO fact that the world was created by a god/creator. wink

1. profile image50

How do you prove that?

1. Cagsil profile image71

I don't have to prove it. You're the one making the outrageous claim.

So, prove a god/creator created the world without using anything related to religion's nonsense.

Then, we'll talk.

It's not really something to be proved. You really just have to decide for yourself if it's true or false.

If it is not something to be proved, then I would highly suggest you STOP saying it as though it is something true or some kind of truth.

Learn to realize, when you do say it, it causes conflict. wink

truth usually ends up causing conflict. it shakes the very foundations of a mans soul.

2. profile image50

I think the conflict will resolve when the atheists prove from science that Creator-God does not exist.If they cannot prove that then they become believers; as they should very naturally.

2. profile image50

Those who eulogize science; must prove that the Creator-God does not exist. If they are in doubt, they should become believers of their choice.

1. thejeffriestube profile image60
                    thejeffriestubeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a very thought-provoking and interesting discussion, but I wonder about one thing. Do you also claim to have invented the question mark? Or accused chestnuts of being lazy? Just saying.

2. earnestshub profile image81
              earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No need to prove it.
              The story is so ridiculous as to be self evident to anyone who cares to find the truth.

Does it need to be proven that Santa is not coming down my chimney, or that there are no fairies at the bottom of the garden?

1. profile image50

Then one should believe in the Creator-God Allah YHWH; it is very natural to believe in Him.

1. earnestshub profile image81

You nit picked that one, very dishonest of you but well within your usual modus operandi. How about the other invisible entities, such as the tooth fairy?

It's only natural for ignorant people who fail in being responsible for self. Sure. Yep! smile

3. TahoeDoc profile image77
              TahoeDocposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchins
              "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

If you put the burden of proof on those who deny your God, don't you also then have to disprove all of the other Gods? Why not?

Seriously, enough of calling me and others ignorant because we don't subscribe to the same ancient story about the origin of the universe as you do. I know you believe it with all of your being BUT I want you to consider that how you disbelieve other religions or theories about their god-being, we also dismiss yours. It's the same thing. We just don't believe in any of them as you don't believe in all the others.

Are you ignorant for not believing in Christ as the Son/equivalent of God? Are you ignorant for not believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

It is possible, and highly probable, that you are wrong about your assertions that your God created the universe. There is no more proof for your God than there is for any other.

1. profile image50

Can you prove that God did not create the Universe?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
                  Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you prove that Vishnu did not create the universe. Are you aware that yor question is fallacious or are you deliberately using it just to get some attention?

2. TahoeDoc profile image77
                  TahoeDocposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't have to and thought I explained why (and pretty clearly).

Can you disprove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't do it? (or the above mentioned Vishnu or Mithra or Brahma or Pangu?)

If you cannot or do not feel you are required to disprove them, then you understand my answer perfectly.

1. profile image50

I don't have it; it is very natural to believe in Creator-God; it is like one believes one's parents.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
          nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

where did you get your facts from. geez bud, you talk like you know more then everyone else which is the true sign of ignorance. personally i'd rather shoot myself then live my life believing in the stuff you talk about as fact.

3. profile image50

I have repeated the above as asked by zampano.

4. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Islamic propagandists know a little about reality, but they are ignorant on how it all works.

Should the propagandist remain ignorant?

I don't think so.

Well, that was fun. smile

5. canadawest99 profile image62
      canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you think its your job to spread the word about god?  Why can''t he do it himself.  Everyone knows the message is better delivered directly from the source.  He could beam a signal into everyone's head in a flash to believe in him and worship him, then problem solved, but instead he lets petty conflicts, misinterpretation, fear and petty human ego get in the way of his so called message.    This could be the most in efficient "creator' ever.

1. profile image50

The Creator-God created this Universe in a system; he likes to do the things in a system so that we don't remain ignorant and inculcate a system in our life; that is the way we could best understand the things.

He has taught us language/s and writing so that our knowledge increases. He sends prophets and messengers so that we know of Him from them; He authors Word for our guidance and reveals it on them. He created angels to exhort us on virtue. He gave us a free will so that we could chose freely right from the wrong. He will judge us in the hereafter.

I think He is already doing the things himself. Is it not correct?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
          nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow. you actually know what your god thinks. you must be really special bud. seriously though. do you ever re-read what you write and think "what was i babbling about". of all the people on this site, you are by far the most incorrect but opinionated person i have seen so far.

6. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I have the answer to this one. Yes. You should keep truth a secret. Stop talking about it and definitely stop posting about it. Leave them in darkness about the whole Allah thing. It's what they deserve. smile

lol lol

lol lol lol
        What a great idea! I will be happy to have that kind of ignorance! smile

3. profile image50

One of the attributes of the Creator-God is Al-Zahir meaning the Manifest :

[57:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
        [57:2] Whatever is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Allah; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.
        [57:3] His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth; He gives life and He causes death; and He has power over all things.
        [57:4] He is the First and the Last, and the Manifest and the Hidden, and He knows all things full well.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … mp;verse=0

So let Him be Manifest.

1. profile image0

So, why'd you ask the question, if you already had the answer you were looking for. Your OP should probably have been a statement. Somewhere along the lines of 'all atheists need to convert to Islam' might have been better. Don't you think? smile

4. profile image0
        jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

7. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Paar. You can't even write a grammatical sentence. Who, exactly, is ignorant?

1. profile image50

I never claimed to be a grammarian; please correct the grammar. English is not my mother tongue, sorry.

1. profile image0

Well, then, let me suggest you\ aren't educated either. Most atheists are a hundred times more educated about religion than religious people. That's why they're atheists..

Even though many atheists (including myself) have pointed this out to parsurrey, he will continue to choose to ignore it and wallow in his ignorance since it makes him feel better about his own beliefs.

1. profile image0

I KNow.  I wrote quite a few articles about it...

2. profile image50

I think there are believers who are much more intelligent than non-believers; exception are there.

1. profile image0

Well, then you are seriously deluded because according to the research, examination results, school results, degrees, etc., those people that score the highest and get the highest form of education are more likely to be atheists and/or agnostics than religious people.

I understand your need to believe that you are special and superior because you are a Christian. It's extremely annoying that the opposite is true. I also understand your refusal to believe what you want to believe. However, while I will always respect your right to say and believe anything you like, nothing in religious dogma will ever make me respect anything you say.

The only responses I have seen from the OP of all these threads is the unwillingness to see the same problems with his own tome that he finds in the bible. Very selective.
                This mind is a closed door. smile

I would have called it a brick wall reinforced with galvanised steel and coated with kevlar but closed door is ok I guess.

Yep! I am a master of understatement. smile

2. profile image0

LOL!

8. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You assume far too much.
      Most atheists, including the ones at HP, know scripture, or "the word of God" very well, and thus by evidence of the "word", point out its confusion, conflicting statements, teachings, etc., and are convinced the "word" was created by man, not by any God.

Ignorance is a sad thing. But it is prevalent in humanity regardless of beliefs or no beliefs. It is not a condition associated with just atheists, but in all cross sections of humanity. Sad you don't see that.

9. Titen-Sxull profile image71
      Titen-Sxullposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First off let me just say that obvious troll is obvious. Secondly as an atheist I am not ignorant of the Bible, what you call the "word of God", in fact I've read the entire thing, it was one of the primary factors that led to me leaving Christianity years ago.

1. profile image50

I never said that Bible is authored by the Creator-God. Jesus did receive word of revelation but the Christians could not preserve it. It is for this that Word of the Creator-God was again revealed on Muhammad.

Have you read Quran? If you read it intently you will again come into the fold of religion; I am pretty sure, if you follow reason.

1. Titen-Sxull profile image71
          Titen-Sxullposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've read parts of it. Enough to know that its no more impressive than the Bible... and the Bible is not at all impressive.

10. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was an atheist and gained enlightenment. There are many believers who dont understand god properly as they too lack knowledge.

The super soul or god -Allah ,Brahma or Jevovah etc comprises of every soul, so it yearns for each soul to return home, the only person stopping you is yourself.
      Knowledge is for all.

That's funny, I was a christian then gained enlightenment. smile
        I found religionists tell lies about what they believe and lack knowledge of life. smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60

Please read what the word enlightenment means in a spiritual aspect.

Gimme a break Mohit, you are not talking to a ten year old child.

Lift your game, English is my native language, don't tell me I don't know the meaning of words, it's infantile to do so.

Well so stop writing like this, I was Christian gained enlightenment and so became an atheist, is this not a child like statement.

I just shows you have no idea what enlightenment means.

One who has become aware of the light , the spirit, spiritually aware, awakened to the spiritual world is someone who is enlightened.
              Which you are not so you are not enlightened.

Your opinion of my enlightenment remains unenlightened.
                I have been where you are and grew out of being thus "enlightened"

You have no idea what enlightenment is and you just keep proving it wit your writing.

And you keep insisting that I accept your stupid insults.

2. Merlin Fraser profile image61
            Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Enlightenment (Noun)

The process of explaining or understanding something clearly. 

I was unaware that the word had any special or specific spiritual significance, well not in English anyway !

Its root is in spirituality, similar to the concept of samadhi by the Hindus.

Have you never heard of spiritual enlightenment, for heavens sake we are in a religion and philosophy forum.
              Have you never heard of Jesus or the Buddha or Mahavira as enlightened ones.?

1. Merlin Fraser profile image61

I can only assume these people became enlightened because someone smarter than them sat them down in a corner and explained something to them until they understood whatever that person was talking about.

Sorry, but the word has no other definition, therefore by now you should be enlightened because  I have explained it to you.

1. Calash profile image60
                  Calashposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only thing that makes me atheist is that I don't acknowledge God(s) in the same way that most religions don't acknowledge Gods of other religions.

That being said, I used to be as angry of an atheist as Mr. Merlin up here, but after a lot of self reflection and reading I realized a few things.

First, I don't believe that my consciousness will continue after death; I think it will be like before I was born. 

Second, there is something more to reality than can be simply understood through human comprehension; you only need to look at quantum theory to realize this.  For example, the dual slit experiment shows that observation alone has an effect on the outcome of anything.  Merely by being consciously aware of matter, that matter behaves differently.

Third, we are all connected energetically if nothing else.  Reality is a construct of our minds, and so is physical space.  If you look under a microscope you'll find that nothing is smooth and perfect, there are always holes, cracks, crevices, etc... and at some point when you get down small enough past particles and atoms, you'll realize that all matter is just energy that vibrates at a certain frequency.  All of that energy is something and came from somewhere (Law of conservation of mass) and I'm not saying it was Yaweh, Jesus, or any other God...all I'm saying is you will never be able to prove to anyone else what is real for you if a different truth is real for them. 

This takes us back to a philosophical question that I really like; How do I know that my blue is the same as your blue?  My red your red?  Maybe in some reality (as there are many more dimensions than we can experience) God is more easily experienced because people are willing to accept a lot of the ridiculous claims made by religious texts and supporters.  The problem occurs ALWAYS when humans step in...

There is only reality and it exists in only one moment.  Humans are not separate from nature, and that is what most religious people can't understand when atheists say they don't believe in God.  God is nature, it is the connection between us all...it isn't (in my opinion) some deity that exists outside of human experience, it is what makes up the entirety OF HUMAN EXPERIENCE.  So...yeah, you're God.  I'm God. 

Let me just leave you with this...it doesn't matter who believes in what God as long as they are not lying, stealing, hurting, or killing anyone because of it.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
                  mohitmisraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your assumptions are wrong.

Merlin Fraserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course they are !

Thank you for pointing out that my entire academic achievements are as nothing when compared to yours.  It seems I cannot even read nor understand my own language nor interpret the meaning of words from a highly respected book of reference.

2. superwags profile image66
        superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a little depressed to hear that, why?!

Also are you a Christian?! I'd have thought you'd be Hindu with a nice Brahmin name like that!

What has enlightenment got to do with being a Christian, Hindu or Muslim- nothing.

1. superwags profile image66

I thought you were religious - I'd therefore say that it has quite a lot. What you're basically saying is that you have subjective enlightenment, I'd like to know subjective to what.

I think it's a fair question - I wouldn't want to base my opinion of what you believe just because you have a name I'd associate with being Hindu in origin. And without telling anybody your beliefs it is difficult for me to have an opinion at all!

mohitmisraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do have enormous respect for all the prophets.
              Subjective enlightenment?????

I believe in God the Light.This is called by different names like Allah, Jevovah , Brahma etc the only difference is the language ,the entity is the same.

11. aslanlight profile image65
      aslanlightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps they choose to remain ignorant of YOUR WAY of seeing things because of your ignorant attitude about them?

You have to forgive him his rants, most of us around here only wind him up just to watch him whizz around bouncing off the walls.

It used to be fun now sadly it's just a waste of time...

As someone who has ancient Pagan beliefs that pre-date all religions I love to come here and watch the Creationists trying so desperately to justify their beliefs.  I sometimes wonder who it is they are trying to convince, not me that's for sure. For some reason it seems to annoy them when I tell them I know who invented their God... and when !

I assume religious intolerance is a form of enforced ignorance, something that happens when you only have teachers who speak with one voice.  Thankfully I was taught to have an open mind, listen to all sides and make up my own mind, a concept that many on this site can neither accept nor understand.

2. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For instance.

How long have you got ?

12. Apostle Jack profile image61
      Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some will and some won't,according to the increase.Everyone will not make it into the kingdom of Heaven.But there shall be some taken from every race and gender.But they all will not come.It is the way it was Predestine to be.

1. profile image50

Since there is no compulsion to make into the Kindom of Heaven; so there will be some who would fail to make it; then they can only blame thesmelves and none else.

1. Apostle Jack profile image61
          Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No one will believe in anything that everyone say in this world.We have to pick and poke to find what is there in this existence for each one of us.Those that agree will be one,and those of other beliefs will be one in their form of presentation.And so....it is what it is.

1. profile image50

There is no compulsion in religion; so difference would remain very naturally unless one is convinced heart and sould; and to convince or get convinced is my intention.

Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You cant convince people who think logically. Show them facts. Thats the only way to convice them. The only people you will convince are probably just as likely to be convinced by any other religion, witchcraft, ghosts, bigfoot or some other nonsense.

Is it really an accomplishment to convince people like that? Do you want heaven to be full of people like that?

1. profile image50

Will you please tell me the chronological order of the following?

Logic, science, atheism

Which of them surfaced first, second and third?

1. Druid Dude profile image61
                  Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The question is ambiguous. To address the forum: If a sighted person is nonetheless blind, and also has functional ears with which to hear, yet in deafness they exist, what is that for me to question. If they are to hear, then they will hear, and if it is that they are to see, then, they will see. Not by my determination, but by their own, and the will of the creator.

2. profile image50

Logic ,philosphy, mathematics science are joint production of humanity; nothing special with the atheists

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
                  Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Atheism was obviously first, then I would guess at logic and then science.

Why do you ask?

2. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It would be silly not to want to go to the Kingdom of Heaven, knowing full well we'll spend an eternity with you?  smile

superwagsposted 13 years ago

I tend to think that these never ending posts from Paar probably do more to damage the reputation of believers than promote it. It's just dull, turgid and the same old arguments.

Change the record mate!

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I love the title.
    Reminds me of another.

"Are you still beating your wife?"

4. Thatguypk profile image45
    Thatguypkposted 13 years ago

I find it as offensive to be called ignorant because I am an atheist, as others might find it offensive to be called a terrorist because one is a Muslim.

atheism does not equal ignorance

1. profile image50

Yes;atheism and ignorance are different words.

5. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"I find it as offensive" These people not big on manners: the first rule of which is the consideration of others.

6. Sarah Connor profile image61
    Sarah Connorposted 13 years ago

Love conquers ignorance :-)

: D

Not true. wink

hahaha we may hold different beliefs but i respect your right to yours

Love doesn't conquer ignorance, simply because it is against human nature to love someone who chooses to remain ignorant. wink

It is mans higher nature to love his enemies. In some form or another most religious teachings tell us to forgive our enemies and show them kindness

And, that's why man has killed every enemy ever encountered? Nice way of showing love.

I love you so much I have to kill you. lol

Well men can be rather foolish. A lot of times when people show up and say "hey lets all get along". they get killed.

Gandhi, Christ, MLK JR, Malcolm X, etc. etc.

Now, for the $20,000 question- Do you know why?

well to me it's just a shame. human ignorance is a strong, strong thing. To kill the men that help us the most. I call it the growing pains of humanity.

I do; they were all massives pains in the arse. I mean, they were great drivers of peace and equality, but god they didn't half go on.

No seriously, people tend to shoot people who's views they don't like. Particularly in the US.

2. profile image50

The atheists don't perhaps love their friends even; how could they love their enemies?They don't have a role model to follow

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
                dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My role model is my mother (also atheist), who sacrificed so much of her time to raise me and teach me how to live life. And my father (atheist), who worked hard so that we could live in a good house and I could go to a good school. And one of my teachers (atheist), who always made time to explain something to me if I found it difficult or confusing.

I don't need a deity to be my role model. I am not so jaded with humans that I believe we cannot be inspired by each other to do good.

2. profile image0

Hey paar. I'll admit the only person I've met that claimed to be an atheist was a bit of a twit. And there is some circumstantial evidence here that atheism does tend to be confrontational in nature. But that's quite a broad generalization you are making there. I'm sure there are a lot of atheists out there who are very nice people with lots of friends who consider them kind and loving. Somewhere. I'm sure you'd have to look really hard. For a very long time. But I have no doubt they exist.

1. profile image50

I have observed here that the atheists instead of proving their stance from science which they eulogize so much and so often; they find it easier to hide behind ridicule and derision. I think they are confrontational by their second nature; exceptions could be there though.

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
                    dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We often talk about science here on the Hubpages forum. Have you not noticed?

2. profile image0

Well, I always try to think it might not really be ridicule and derision. Maybe it's just their quirky sense of humor.  There's a lot of things people with different philosophies do here that I have trouble understanding why they do and say the things they do.

3. Thatguypk profile image45
                Thatguypkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Forgive me for the suggestion, paarsurrey, but you do seem to talk a load of unsubstantiated drivel.
                This atheist does not turn to science to support his claims. I am an atheist based upon study of the Bible... and indeed the Koran... and a logical disbelief in the credibility of either book. 
                I believe there is as little chance of science ever explaining where we come from and where we are going to, as does religion. I therefore accept the 'mystery' of our existence, and try to live my life in a manner that is respectful to others.

3. profile image50

There you are right; the Creator-God is All-Merciful and loving. He has sent messengers prophets to guide us in our lives; it is his mercy an love; else we would have been ignorant.

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

A similar question for you parra.

Should the murdering muslims remain ignorant?

1. profile image50

Murdering Muslims don't follow the peaceful teachings of Quran/Islam/Muhammad; they are being taken care of by their adversaries.

8. profile image0
    jomineposted 13 years ago

According to paar, there is only one person who is truly religious, who truly understand god,
    any guess?
    That is
    paarsurrey.

1. profile image50

I never claimed that; I am a humble person in search of Truth.

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What else was you claiming with all these posts, that showed nothing else, but ignorance?

2. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I tell you the truth all the time, but you don't listen.

Not what I call humble. cool

9. clark farley profile image71
    clark farleyposted 13 years ago

yes, god willing they should...

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

No they should join Islam and see if they can improve on killing 270 million people over it's history. lol

11. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

There is no harm if they improve their knowledge.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

But, there is great harm if Islamic propagandists do not improve their knowledge.

Why on earth would they do that ?

With a religious mindset stuck in neutral for over 1,500 years the rest of the world has move on and left them behind.

I would agree. But, I often wonder if that's the right thing to do.

My problem is that I can't go around making claims how religions divide mankind and then allow myself to just move on leaving others behind. I would just be creating another us and them type of mentality.

Frankly though, I think there is no stopping it now. The internet is getting everywhere and so is the information contained, and it continues to grow exponentially. And, if information is knowledge, those folks stuck in a religious mindset are going to eventually get and begin to understand that information and begin to understand they would much rather move on with the rest of the world rather than being stuck in neutral.

2. profile image50
  12. profile image50

The internet is getting everywhere and so is the information contained, and it continues to grow . And, if information is knowledge and sure it is, those folks stuck in an atheist agnostic apatheist skeptic mindset are going to eventually get and begin to understand that information and begin to understand they would much rather move on with the rest of the human world rather than being stuck and remain ignorant.

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not ALL written material is information. Therefore, NOT all written material on the Internet is knowledge.

You cannot even distinguish between what is real or false. Which isn't a surprise that you cannot distinguish between what is information(relevant/irrelevant) and what is knowledge.

13. profile image50

Please elaborate for us; I don't have any claim to sholarship or piety. Please

If you have a need for an elaboration, then I suggest you talk to a teacher. roll

14. profile image50

The atheists agnostics apatheists skeptics may be good teachers if they stick to reason; but most of the time they resort to riducle and derision; that may hamper their faculties to mature.

Those who practice religion only learn "do as I say, not as I do". Therefore, all of them are hypocrites.

1. profile image53
        SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go back to where you started running from me Cags. Man up , if that`s what you are.

Run from you? Truly, you're blissful, if you know what I mean. tongue

earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol Nice to see some humor on the religious forums. lol lol lol

Hey Earnest, what's up?

The oblivious continue to love to play games with words and the ignorance is just their blind inability to see beyond themselves. Isn't it just fun, when they love to show their petty side. tongue smile

Not much mate, enjoying my retirement, getting lots of time with the GK's showing someone how to rebuild an automatic transmission, having fun on the forums and trying to protect the world from beliefs in fairies and such, how about you? smile

Glad to hear you're enjoying your retirement and GKs. smile

As for protecting the world from mystical beliefs? Naw....too many people like to choose ignorance over actually learning something. lol lol

Edit: I'm doing well. Thank you for asking. smile

You may get a giggle on this site. It has a few very funny facts. smile http://haveagoodlaugh.com.tripod.com/ha … /id23.html

I liked this one:

To "testify" was based on men in the Roman court swearing to a statement made by swearing on their testicles.

2. profile image50

It is good if the atheists learn something and add something to their knowlede; no harm.

The same could be said for YOU Paar. I mean, it's apparent you lack more than Atheist do. Too bad you won't admit it. hmm

15. profile image50

People of Doubt- the Atheists know a little of the Work of the Creator-God and they are ignorant of the Word of God, altogether.

I don’t think so; they need to improve their lot. Knowledge does not harm anybody; the why should they remain ignorant.

In other words, YOU are deciding what is good for atheists?

Are you god?

No, he just plays god. smile

16. profile image50

The Atheists' knowledge of the Truthful Word revealed is little.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)