jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Junk Mail

1. 0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

I come to these forums every day.  I see what everyone has to say about certain topics.  It dawned on me a couple days ago that the posts here are like junk mail. 

There might be a different title, but the content is the same.  They are attempts to get you to open the email (post) and click a link or comment. 

It is the same stuff over and over again.

1. aka-dj profile image80
      aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, but somebody has to win! big_smile

On a serious note, sometimes I have no idea why I still contribute! hmm
      I guess I enjoy the liveliness of it all. It challenges my faith on some occasions. Why DO I believe that which I do? What DO I believe about " this or that" being discussed? It has actually helped me get stronger. A bit like using weights. Opposition to the things I already have, makes it grow stronger. So, repetition is not always a bad thing. (Like lifting dumbells in sets! lol )

I do admit, there is a TON of junk in amongst it all.

2. Beelzedad profile image61
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You mean, like the "Christian Discussion" thread where you keep posting biblical verses over and over?

1. 0
        SirDentposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I mean the use of propoganda to convince everyone that God is not real and that Jesus is not the Son of God.

In junk mail many times the same e-mail will come by different names.  Forex trading, make $6000.00 at home, etc. . .   

Then there are others who say that we are all gods. 

Still others who say all paths will lead you to heaven, etc. . .

1. Beelzedad profile image61
          Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have seen that propaganda used by JW's. One came to my door explaining the six lies of Christianity. 

Lest we forget though, that they themselves will view Christian evangelism as the engine driving what they consider Christian propaganda.

SirDent, if you hold true the ideal that you should be allowed to express your religious views, don't you think others will hold that ideal as well, and would also hold to practicing it as you do? smile

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
      Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a theory as to why it is the same stuff over and over again. Because the bible is and always has been the same so the problems with it are always going to be the same, and the arguments against it will also always be the same.

Heck, if you could actually refute an argument against the bible logically and rationally without raising fifty more questions with your answer, then the argument would be dropped and not used again.

The arguments are used over and over because noone can refute them yet they continue to assert that they are not valid arguments even though they cannot be answered.

2. Jefacity profile image61
    Jefacityposted 5 years ago

yea, but its more fun when the junk mail talks back. then again its like that telemarketer that just keeps calling even though you've opted out like 15 times already.

3. 0
    just_curiousposted 5 years ago

I agree Sir Dent. But, I've found that if you open the junk mail repeatedly you eventually realize they are interesting letters.

Take you, for example. I didn't get you for the longest time. Now you seem like a caring intelligent guy. I'm so happy I kept reading your posts on this forum. They've become quite enjoyable. smile